Findings so far of being in the UK

Johndoe

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose there is no difference in food from a quality restaurant and wetherspoons either to you PB...

Meat is meat and it is how it is prepared and cooked. I cannot see much difference between between a quality free range chicken sold by a good supermarket and a butcher.

Meat is meat and it is how it is prepared and cooked. I cannot see much difference between between a quality free range chicken sold by a good supermarket and a butcher.

Define 'good supermarket'

I have three Woolworths supermarkets near me, one of them is good...........because its the closest!

hes one of the few i can completely trust.

His father owned a local abattoirs for 50 years.

He stated his apprenticeship there when my mother started as the office girl and my grandfather was the head butcher.

Our family has known him for the last 40 years,

So yes, i trust his word.

.........I do agree......the only way to ensure organic/grass fed.....meat

..........is to know and buy from a source you trust.....

.........often labelling is misleading.....

.........price Is often higher..............but if it's important to you

.........it's often worth it......eat a little less....

..........buying meat and vegetables from the farmer....

..........not only supports the growers......it's healthier....

.........I do agree......the only way to ensure organic/grass fed.....meat

..........is to know and buy from a source you trust.....

.........often labelling is misleading.....

.........price Is often higher..............but if it's important to you

.........it's often worth it......eat a little less....

..........buying meat and vegetables from the farmer....

..........not only supports the growers......it's healthier....

Why is it healthier tink? I would imagine there are good and not so good butchers as there are good and not so good supermarkets. Who is to say that Marks and Sparks do not source their meat better than joe blogs in the high street. I think we sometimes trust some butchers to much and always thing they get the best sourced meat which might not always be true.

Why is it healthier tink? I would imagine there are good and not so good butchers as there are good and not so good supermarkets. Who is to say that Marks and Sparks do not source their meat better than joe blogs in the high street. I think we sometimes trust some butchers to much and always thing they get the best sourced meat which might not always be true.

.........I'm not saying supermarkets and butchers don't sell healthy meat and vegetables...

.........just that the only way to be sure is to know the source....

.........labels today are often ambiguous......misleading......

.........to buy from where it is grown/reared......you often have a better chance of buying what's written on the box...ime

A cow is a cow, a chicken is a chicken, a lamb is a lamb...can there really be a great difference in the taste from a supermarket to a butcher?

Amazing! Someone who claims to shoot his own food does not know that different breed types, food sources and methods of production influence taste and quality of meat.

Who would have thought! :rolleyes::laugh:

.........I'm not saying supermarkets and butchers don't sell healthy meat and vegetables...

.........just that the only way to be sure is to know the source....

.........labels today are often ambiguous......misleading......

.........to buy from where it is grown/reared......you often have a better chance of buying what's written on the box...ime

I agree and Marks and Sparks do have labels saying it is the best reared meat. Why do folk think meat is better from a butche tha M&S ?

Amazing! Someone who claims to shoot his own food does not know that different breed types, food sources and methods of production influence taste and quality of meat.

Who would have thought! :rolleyes::laugh:

So butchers have a monopoly of the best meat source and supermarkets don't?.....you need to think a little before posting.

So butchers have a monopoly of the best meat source and supermarkets don't?.....you need to think a little before posting.

1.. I wasn't commenting on butchers and supermarkets...you need to understand relevance.

2. I did think.....I thought "Only a person with no knowledge of agricultural production could make this statement".

A cow is a cow, a chicken is a chicken, a lamb is a lamb.

Shooters understand very well how different conditions affect meat quality.

It wouldn't be noteworthy except that you have claimed in previous posts that you shoot your own meat.

Edited by Skani
addition

Saw 3 today on the way to brighton all of them air bag jobs with one care embedded under the back of a truck I must be hallucinating eh? Its no wonder, the speed some of them were doing. No axe to grind here, but I've never seen so many "money jobs" speeding so fast as I've seen since arriving

Can all you guys that see these crashes please let me know when you will, in the future, be driving in UK so as I can arrange my visit not to be there:laugh: 5.5 weeks, almost 4000miles and not see one crash, however in the local town early one morning a motorcyclist died when he drove straight into some signs at a roundabout (yes roundabout simmo), no other vehicles involved.