And the UK election result is.......

srg73

Bit like when Blair was leading the country then?:wink:

I think business is mostly concerned with how long they will be leading for. If milliband had won, that wouldn't have been long. It was obvious Blair would be in power for quite some time, so business did business. But as they say, careful what you wish for.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Guest66881

I don't think the british public did any wishing just happy with things as is at the moment i suppose.

The UK can never have a labour govt again. The Tories have unconstrained power. That is never a good thing. You may want to think about how bad things would have to get before the Tories can get voted out. This is not something to be applauded. It's very scary. You effectively have a country run by big business with no controls.

I agree that it is very important to have a strong opposition, the baton has to be handed over from time to time and it will be again at some point for sure.

But the UK constituency borders favour the Labour party considerably and they also have most of the other parties offering to prop them up even if they have fewer seats than conservatives. Huge starting advantage over Conservatives. The reason Labour has not triumphed is that they put forward an inept Leader and out of date policies.

Not to mention that the country is doing quite well and the Conservatives have saved it from bankruptcy and are getting things back on track.

You prefer the house of lords?

Well, what do you think is the most sensible?

A second house made up of people like the motoring enthusiasts. Made up of people who gained almost no votes and have no or little expertise in what they are being asked to vote for?

Or a second house made up, largely of experts in a range of fields such as law (the law lords) commerce, science, economics and which are famous for voting without party affiliation? A house of experts that can truly examine legislation? A second house that has worked excellently for hundreds of years and has provided important checks and balance based on expertise to the often morons in the commons.

Not clear cut according to results in so far. A labour coalition is not out of the question. Come on you reds....

That would never happen.

Would be immoral to install a Labour led coalition with less seats than the majority party.

That would never be accepted.

Guest Guest66881

Rubberband to be gone by lunch time according to the BBC, and that other salad option Clegg:wink:

Big shame and feel for my nursing colleagues under another Tory term. The NHS will crumble under another Tory government. More people driven to the edge through benefit clampdowns. The full time working couple who can't afford to get off the wage slage roundabout and never quite get their heads above water. Shame on the Tories. Women suffer...most public sector workers are female...childcare costs, stuck in the lowest paid drudgery. The Tories will continue to line their own pockets at the expense of working class people. It stinks.

A second house made up of people like the motoring enthusiasts. Made up of people who gained almost no votes and have no or little expertise in what they are being asked to vote for?

Or a second house made up, largely of experts in a range of fields such as law (the law lords) commerce, science, economics and which are famous for voting without party affiliation? A house of experts that can truly examine legislation? A second house that has worked excellently for hundreds of years and has provided important checks and balance based on expertise to the often morons in the commons.

Have to agree as my ex who I was with for 6 years is in the House of Lords, yes he really is. Be interesting if from my posts, posters will think conservative or labour?

The answer is labour, he was one of the youngest MP's when elected, and even if I disagreed with him at times, he has always had my utmost respect, a genuine person and politician, rare but true.

Well there we go, nearly there, Labour have simply fallen over and I feel Red Ed will now be on his way. Clegg will also go and the Scotish voice will be that much louder now.

I do think it's a shame that Lib Dems have collapsed as they did try and provide some balance however hopefully they will find their way for next time. Labour will go back to the middle ground, Blair mkII but may well be in the shadow for years to come due to the loss of Scotland.

Interesting day today.

Well done David Cameron and the Conservative Party, please continue your hard work in returning the Great back into Great Britain, keep the union together, strengthen the public services as the country can afford and ensure the UK stays in Europe but not ruled by them. Finally UK's next Prime Minister has now entered parliament, well done Borris.

S

Edited by srg73

Just in, watching BBC and they simply can't bring themselves to say Conservatives, it's Tories this Tories that. Bloody left wing BBC, where's the Sky button on my remote?

S

I am watching it live now and to be fair they call them the Conservatives as often as the Tories, does it make a difference?

In many ways Singapore is very sensible, but you would struggle to say it is approaching democracy. Whether Democracy is the best form of govt is another matter. But the UK system is a poor approximation of democracy. In Australia, UKIP would have much greater representation. I'm not saying that is a good thing, but it is democratic.

I am watching it live now and to be fair they call them the Conservatives as often as the Tories, does it make a difference?

The good ole left wing BBC that had to let Clarkson thump somebody before they toned him down. If anything, I'd call them balanced. But then I read the telegraph, and after that most things appear balanced.