And the UK election result is.......

srg73

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're rambling. What about car seat belts or motorcycle helmets ?

I heard a guy from the motoring party going on about this. It's my head etc etc, if I want to risk caving it in its up to me etc etc.

Ignoring all the emergency workers who get affected.

What relevance does that have anyway ?

No your rambling as usual. Many countries do not have such a requirement. You don't like democracy that's your choice. Fits in with a number on this forum though who prefer being told what to think and do.

Guest Guest66881
No your rambling as usual. Many countries do not have such a requirement. You don't like democracy that's your choice. Fits in with a number on this forum though who prefer being told what to think and do.

Who do you vote for FOC?

I think you both might be confusing democracy with freedom. Democracy is where we are ruled by our representatives elected by everyone, in simple terms. It does not mean you have to have the freedom not to vote or not to wear a helmet. Nobody lives in a really free society, even when it is deomcratic.

I am fully aware of the issues raised. Switzerland was raised for precisely that issue. That nation does allow a vote for what it is worth.Some have more and others less freedom.

Guest Guest66881
For the party does fits in the closest with my ideals of course.

That's how i do it, still haven't voted once yet:wink:

Guest Guest66881
Well I make do with what is available in the often futile attempt to keep the evil doers at bay. Not entirely successful but at least can say did my bit ...

This is why i said earlier within this topic that it amazes me how some stay to one set of colours for life regardless of how the colours have changed over the years, i always look at it to see if it fits my needs at that time, because my parents had red beliefs doesn't mean i have too does it.

To many go with the flow and are scared of ridicule over a personal vote, this is why labour lost big time so many in britain had the balls to vote away from years of family beliefs i reckon.

Hardly surprising under the Westminster system though. In Europe he would have won a seat and a proportion of seats in line with percentage of votes.

The parties who actually benefit most from the PR second-level list votes scenario in Scotland for the Holyrood parliamentary elections are the ones who campaigned most vociferously against it. (The Tories).

So some parties benefit by having proportionately elected members where otherwise they would have had none in the fptp system.

Not a good enough system for Westminster? The biggest problem is that having 2 big parties means that they both know that under the current fptp system that eventually they'll both get a chance at some point of being in charge due to normal swings in the mood of the electorate. And under a PR type of system the 2 big parties would be the ones with the most to lose.

Why on earth are people still going on about splitting the union up.

That was well and truly rejected by Scottish voters only a few months back.

Is that all SNP stand for ?

If that is it they will be pretty irrelevant.

I don't think you understand. They are splitting the union up. That was always been their intention. They will keep pushing until they go. All the referendum showed was that it was too big a step. They need to reduce that step over the next five years, and from Westminster they will. As they have said. They're not settling in, they are settling up. The ball is rolling. Scottish independence is now just a matter of time. You should be pleased. It means Tory government for ever.

I was pleased when the Scots voted against independence last year, but now I hope they vote in favour of it. Let them run their own show, including paying for defence, and having their own currency.

I think I agree. I saw the referendum as a pointless exercise. How do you vote with no details? Something like this can't just be done. It's much too hard. It's something they need to, and will, work towards.

This is why i said earlier within this topic that it amazes me how some stay to one set of colours for life regardless of how the colours have changed over the years, i always look at it to see if it fits my needs at that time, because my parents had red beliefs doesn't mean i have too does it.

To many go with the flow and are scared of ridicule over a personal vote, this is why labour lost big time so many in britain had the balls to vote away from years of family beliefs i reckon.

If your parents had red beliefs I'd suggest you would be hard pressed in modern times to follow their preference even if so desired. Labour lost big time due in part to tactics employed by the Aussie employed by the Conservatives and his low key below the radar approach with just enough to create angst among segments of the population with regards a Labour/SNP alliance along with the targeting of specific seats.

I don't believe people have changed apart elements of the working class voting Tory which has been evident such Thatcher's time and the politics of greed from that era which in certain instances saw a role reversal in voting intentions.

Guest Guest66881
If your parents had red beliefs I'd suggest you would be hard pressed in modern times to follow their preference even if so desired. Labour lost big time due in part to tactics employed by the Aussie employed by the Conservatives and his low key below the radar approach with just enough to create angst among segments of the population with regards a Labour/SNP alliance along with the targeting of specific seats.

I don't believe people have changed apart elements of the working class voting Tory which has been evident such Thatcher's time and the politics of greed from that era which in certain instances saw a role reversal in voting intentions.

So why the 'out of the blue' whitewash by the conservatives this time around?

I was pleased when the Scots voted against independence last year, but now I hope they vote in favour of it. Let them run their own show, including paying for defence, and having their own currency.

Yes allow them the right to progressive politics that they seem to prefer rather than the straight jacket conservative preferences of Middle England.

The parties who actually benefit most from the PR second-level list votes scenario in Scotland for the Holyrood parliamentary elections are the ones who campaigned most vociferously against it. (The Tories).

So some parties benefit by having proportionately elected members where otherwise they would have had none in the fptp system.

Not a good enough system for Westminster? The biggest problem is that having 2 big parties means that they both know that under the current fptp system that eventually they'll both get a chance at some point of being in charge due to normal swings in the mood of the electorate. And under a PR type of system the 2 big parties would be the ones with the most to lose.

That is the problem allowing each side to become somewhat relaxed about the entire situation in the knowledge all they have to do is to wait their turn. On the other hand of course lots of smaller parties jockeying for position can create crisis.

Guest Guest66881
What is wrong with being working class and voting Tory? A lot less hypocritical than being rich and voting Labour. Cameron and Miliband are exactly the same, both living in London luxury, along with other Russell Brand.

:wink:

So why the 'out of the blue' whitewash by the conservatives this time around?

As I said the man behind the scenes (The Aussie)is being suggested as largely for it. He got that shyster Boris Mayor of London over the line as well. Saying that Labour had the wrong man in place who could easily be lampooned. A collection of factors including spin and media. Anyway the gloves are off now. The Tories have a free hand to ran with their neo liberal economic policies.

What is wrong with being working class and voting Tory? A lot less hypocritical than being rich and voting Labour. Cameron and Miliband are exactly the same, both living in London luxury, along with other Russell Brand.

Which of course is part of the crux of it. There is no real alternative since New Labour saddled up with Thatcherism. What's wrong with working class voting Tory? Well while a lot in that sector of society are easily bought, divided and conquered, the real result is on view in many areas of Britain. The Tories are (like the ill named Liberals in Australia) not natural bedfellows with those of the bottom twenty five per cent. They are for dismantling as much as is politically possible of the safety net and impose market values on everything creating ever greater disparity between the haves and have nots. Doesn't create a harmonious society but creates division. Furthers individual greed and care less for the less able.

Thank goodness for the rich in Hampstead in London and such places which are far removed from your claims on many occasions of being hypocritical, but can see the advantages of a empathetic society for the nation. Full respect for those with the money but wear their heart on their sleeves in regards to social issues and desiring a better, more compassionate world.