Mrs tonymans Dad passed away today , i need help !

tonyman

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Pom Queen
also what is the price of a return ticket for adult .......

in your opinion would it be best if Jacqui went to the uk alone , with me , her mum , my eldest ..I really don't know ......my Mum and Dad will be in the Uk for her .......

Price varies, I haven't looked but I'd say around $1500.

Personally if you can afford it I think your eldest or MIL should probably go with her. Even yourself if you feel up to the journey as I know you aren't well.

You could look at splitting the flight to save money ie tiger airways to Singapore and then a cheap airline to the UK but to be honest I don't think you need the stress or more hassle right now

Just be there for her Hun, if you can sort all the passport stuff out and organise the flights that will be a huge help. Was he in Egypt with someone else, just wondered if they could fill in the gaps for you.

Ditto what PQ said. Just be there for her, neither her or you will know how she will need you until the time arises and then it will become clear what needs to happen. A hug, a happy memory, could be anything.

My hubby went above and beyond when my mum died (dealt with the police as it was also a sudden death, and greeted the coroners when they picked her up from the house).

We had ideas of what my mum died off but until the postmortem was carried out it was a confusing time. After, I dunno, I suppose if felt like a weight was lifted that we knew what it was.

I'm sorry I have no practical help with passport info but I hope my post helps in other ways. X

atm I think Wife , mother in law and eldest daughter to represent all 5 children ......Father in Law treated me as his son , his words at our wedding will never leave me ,,he adored me and knew I was good for his only daughter .........he was my mate , we spoke about football most weekends .......and always told each other we love you ..........God I will miss him too .....

I'm so so sorry Nick :hug::hug:. Please extend my sincerest condolences to Mrs TM and the children. I feel that if you can go, then that would be really good but barring this, Mum can stand in for you. What a terrible shock for you all. Be there for her and give her lots of hugs and cuddles, which I'm sure you are anyway. Anything I can do, let me know (not much I know from the UK but pick-ups from airport etc, if coming to this side of the UK). Thinking of you all xxx

I know I don't know you but sorry to hear for your loss. I hope you manage to get the passports sorted very quickly. For flights have a look at: www.skyscanner.net and change country to Australia and Australia dollars and it will compare all the airlines for you. (If your looking at booking without a travel agent). In the meantime just be there for your wife even if words can not help just being there and supportive will help so much. Take care of one another.

atm I think Wife , mother in law and eldest daughter to represent all 5 children ......Father in Law treated me as his son , his words at our wedding will never leave me ,,he adored me and knew I was good for his only daughter .........he was my mate , we spoke about football most weekends .......and always told each other we love you ..........God I will miss him too .....

Nick, if you need to go then you go too. I think from reading this post you need to.

sorry to hear the news, it hits close to home, it's never good being so far away when things like thi happen, but it won take long to get your wife back here.

just put her to bed ,she has been beside herself all night .....I phoned his wife in Egypt and the story is that he was ill , on a drip , in hospital , had had enough and wanted to go back to wife and hotel room , went to bed , asked for a gin n tonic , a cigarette, took one drag then a gasp and that was it so we were told an hr a go .....he should have stayed in the hospital .........should have stayed in the uk

ok no probs , the main thing is getting a passport and visa .....

keeping the three girls off tmoz , Jac in bits on the phone , she still stronger than me ,she on 2nd bottle of wine , doesn't know how her Dad died or why ....anyone tell me how to deal with this ....?

You kind of don't deal with it tonyman.... You just sorta get through it, every part of what happens over the coming weeks/ months whatever/however long are necessary to grieve...I'm sure she will come through the other side ok with a lovely bloke and lovely kids xxx

You kind of don't deal with it tonyman.... You just sorta get through it, every part of what happens over the coming weeks/ months whatever/however long are necessary to grieve...I'm sure she will come through the other side ok with a lovely bloke and lovely kids xxx

I hope so Jodie , ive just spoke to his wife in Egypt and I was in bits ..........like I say Jac is stronger and better than me .....but I`ve never seen her look this bad ......but she knows I will do anything she ask for her well being .....

I hope so Jodie , ive just spoke to his wife in Egypt and I was in bits ..........like I say Jac is stronger and better than me .....but I`ve never seen her look this bad ......but she knows I will do anything she ask for her well being .....

You have each other and your kids, some people don't have that special person to help them through. And you will get through, it will take time but you will all get through it.

Hugs and thinking of you all. X

Archived