190 visa February Lodge Gang 2014

Wen66

hi im applying to Victoria, but im confused about the procees after getting the Skill assessment, can i apply anytime? when state nomination are opened?

thanks

You can apply for state nomination at any time, as long as you have a positive skill select assessment for a job title within their required occupation list.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on another forum got granted their 190 visa today for SA and they lodged their visa on 14th February so there is still hope that visas are being granted:biggrin:

Great to hear 190 Visa's still being granted :biggrin:.

Which forum did you hear this?

It is on expat forum on "190 visa slow grant speed"

Thanks for the info, tigerfeet! I just checked out that thread and yes the member who got the grant also had the delay email sent to them 2 weeks ago and she has the same team as me, so fingers crossed let's see some grants! :) I'm not necessarily impatient but I'm sure some of you have that 'so near yet so far' feeling as I'm feeling!

Thanks for the info, tigerfeet! I just checked out that thread and yes the member who got the grant also had the delay email sent to them 2 weeks ago and she has the same team as me, so fingers crossed let's see some grants! :) I'm not necessarily impatient but I'm sure some of you have that 'so near yet so far' feeling as I'm feeling!

Slowly but surely...hopefully. I can't get anything done, having my fingers crossed, constantly:biggrin:x

Hi everyone. My case is very similar to what you all have been talking about lately. I applied for 190 visa, sponsored by WA state, on 4th February. Since then, I haven't got any contact from the case officer. So, I sent an email to know wich team was my application assigned to. They emailed me giving the department contacts in Adelaide. So I called and I was told that I had already a case officer allocated to my visa and that he woul only contact me if he needed some further information or documents. If not, I should wait until the deadline ( 3 months - which means until 4th May) and contact them again. They informed me that a visa can be granted directly... But I feel like its taking too long.

I have seen people getting a 189 visa (with 60 points - the same amount that I have) in a few weeks. The DIBP says on the website that visas 190 are in a 3rd group of priority, and visas 190 are in 4th group. In theory, it means that visa 190 is faster but in reality...it's not at all!

My case officer is team 6 Adelaide. Has anyone got a visa grant lately for 190 subclass? Has anyone been recently contacted from team 6 Adelaide?

Good luck to us all!! Amen.. lolol :wink:

Hi,

I am new to this forum, I have come across your post today. I have applied for 190 visa for WA in JAN 9th 2014 but still didn't heard anything from DIBP. Also I tried to call but no one picks the phone. Could you please help me with the email address you used to contact them as you mentioned.

Regards

==Humayun==

Hi ALl,

My question comes relevant to Skills assessment and Education points.

I'm and Telecommunications Engineer with an MBA and i will reques ACS Skills Assesment for ICT Project Manager.

I dont understand if my education is also assessed by them or nor.

For the point you get 10 if you have a degree and they add "You have attained a qualification or award recognised by the relevant assessing authority in determining your skills for your nominated occupation."

does this mean i have to get my experience assessed by ACS as ICT project manager, and my Engineers and MBA degree assessed by an other? EA?

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Hello All

Is there anyone from Feb gang who has got the Grant. From Expat forum, I think BigMac lodged on 12/02/14 and got Grant on 11/04. Someone else (not sure if Kelly) applied on 14/02/14 and got the grant on 15/04/14.

Probably, applications from 15/02 till 16/02, their grant have come today (17/02).

So I am guessing the lot who have applied from 17 till 21 of Feb, may get something next week but then we would be short of Two days (Easter Monday and ANZAC day), if 16/02 applicants are not granted then Easter Friday will increase the waiting period.

So the magic day for 17/02 till 21/02 applicants could be either 24/04, 28/04 or 29/04.

In my case I applied on 19th and my CO responds to me only on a Friday, so my magic day could be 02/05/14.

From Feb (1 to 28) adding three months is May (1 to 31), so I think spaces are there for this gang (Mathematics is taking toll maybe on COs). But if you look at March, 2014 and add three months it will be end of June (start of new fiscal year).

So I think Feb gang have some hope to get it before the end of May.

Cheers All

Hello All

Is there anyone from Feb gang who has got the Grant. From Expat forum, I think BigMac lodged on 12/02/14 and got Grant on 11/04. Someone else (not sure if Kelly) applied on 14/02/14 and got the grant on 15/04/14.

Probably, applications from 15/02 till 16/02, their grant have come today (17/02).

So I am guessing the lot who have applied from 17 till 21 of Feb, may get something next week but then we would be short of Two days (Easter Monday and ANZAC day), if 16/02 applicants are not granted then Easter Friday will increase the waiting period.

So the magic day for 17/02 till 21/02 applicants could be either 24/04, 28/04 or 29/04.

In my case I applied on 19th and my CO responds to me only on a Friday, so my magic day could be 02/05/14.

From Feb (1 to 28) adding three months is May (1 to 31), so I think spaces are there for this gang (Mathematics is taking toll maybe on COs). But if you look at March, 2014 and add three months it will be end of June (start of new fiscal year).

So I think Feb gang have some hope to get it before the end of May.

Cheers All

I lodged on the 10/02 and still not had any contact at all from the CO. It maybe that they are just very busy, depending on what state you have applied for and what your occupation is. I don't think there is any sort of time line, just depends on your CO team.

10 weeks on monday for me, surely there has to be some contact next week!!

Hello All

I would like to know if anyone is there with 190 SS has their occupation removed from the State Sponsored List?

What I have gathered so far, and if this is the case then the from priority 3, the application is moved to priority 5 which takes longer for grant.

But the bottom line is this: IF you have applied, you will get your grant in July, 2014. Secondly, the quota would be official on DIBP site on the 1st of July BUT THE COs will get the information first (before 1st July).

So there is a chance one can get in June.

Thirdly, I have seen in other forums that applicants from low risk countries get THEIR GRANT QUICKLY!!!!!!

13 weeks lodged today!!! Have only been asked to supply a new passport photo!! What the frig is going on? 5 weeks with a CO and not one thing did she ask for.. Seems there is no rhyme or rhythm with these guys. Grrr Bored of waiting!

Moan Finished....

13 weeks lodged today!!! Have only been asked to supply a new passport photo!! What the frig is going on? 5 weeks with a CO and not one thing did she ask for.. Seems there is no rhyme or rhythm with these guys. Grrr Bored of waiting!

Moan Finished....

190 visa's on the slow boat.....we're all sailing together. :eek:

Our status....waiting for Meds and Pccs to clear. Bank holiday adding to the wait. Then, if they are all ok, who knows???....a wait till July may be on the cards.

At least it's nearly summer, chin up and stay positive:jiggy:x

Great to hear 190 Visa's still being granted :biggrin:.

Which forum did you hear this?

hi eddieb7,

which forum did u hear this? how many days required after CO allocated and how many no of visa's pending , is their any list ? plz provide us.

doll:huh::huh::huh:

I lodged the visa on 19th feb 14 - 190 and uploaded all docs but haven't heard anything yet.

Btw my occupation is taken off from ACT list now.

I wonder whats happening coz lookin at the timelines for some other in last year, grants were happening in 8-9 weeks max.

Hey peeps

My agent lodged me on

14th of feb with 70 points and my job is tier 1 bracket.

Applied for WA

Still no news..... How has everyone done medicals before a CO being issued?

There was a link to complete meds as soon as the visa was lodged.

points/tiers etc at this stage has no bearing on the timeframe you receive your grant in.

190 visa's on the slow boat.....we're all sailing together. :eek:

Our status....waiting for Meds and Pccs to clear. Bank holiday adding to the wait. Then, if they are all ok, who knows???....a wait till July may be on the cards.

At least it's nearly summer, chin up and stay positive:jiggy:x

hi wen

They are granting 190 still, this is a good news, today one got a 190 grant,he lodged on 9 th of feb, stay positive, we ll have our grants soon.. Expat forum , slow grant 190 visa..