190 visa February Lodge Gang 2014

Wen66

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest30085

Good luck, another couple of hurdles (meds, police checks, waiting to be assigned a case officer), then you should hopefully get the email you've been waiting for. Which state have you been sponsored by? Should only take 6-8 weeks, feels like a lifetime waiting for a CO though ;)

Good luck, another couple of hurdles (meds, police checks, waiting to be assigned a case officer), then you should hopefully get the email you've been waiting for. Which state have you been sponsored by? Should only take 6-8 weeks, feels like a lifetime waiting for a CO though ;)

Thank you :smile:SA Adelaide, hopefully:-) We waited 10 weeks for the EoI, so well used to waiting. Fingers crossed.:eek:

Thank you :smile:SA Adelaide, hopefully:-) We waited 10 weeks for the EoI, so well used to waiting. Fingers crossed.:eek:

Hi,

I'm in the same situation, just lodged visa 190 few days ago.

Did you do your medicals before allocation of CO? This is now possible through "My health declarations".

I did the medicals last week and already uploaded Police checks.

keep us posted if something moves!

Hi,

I'm in the same situation, just lodged visa 190 few days ago.

Did you do your medicals before allocation of CO? This is now possible through "My health declarations".

I did the medicals last week and already uploaded Police checks.

keep us posted if something moves!

Hi Weaz, we we're told to wait until we were assigned a CO before medicals and police checks. Not sure why...trying to be really really patient....:eek:

Any more for the Feb Lodge gang?

It's a good idea to wait until asked, as you have one year to validate your visa from medical or police check, whichever is done first! Better to have as much flexibility as possible on your entry date.

Ah interesting, makes sense, if only our agent would be more forthcoming with general information.:-)

It's a good idea to wait until asked, as you have one year to validate your visa from medical or police check, whichever is done first! Better to have as much flexibility as possible on your entry date.

Got a reply from our agent clarifying what you said. Makes sense, I suppose. Now I'm happy to wait:biggrin:

Hi guys!

Lodged my 190 visa on monday, 10/2/14. Uploaded most things including police clearances UK and Oz thinking of doing our medicals within the next 2 weeks to hurry the process along. Currently on a 457 visa, company went bust end of nov and i havent been able to find a new sponsor since, so havent worked since Nov, money is running low!! need a decision asap!!

Good luck to you all!

Hi guys!

Lodged my 190 visa on monday, 10/2/14. Uploaded most things including police clearances UK and Oz thinking of doing our medicals within the next 2 weeks to hurry the process along. Currently on a 457 visa, company went bust end of nov and i havent been able to find a new sponsor since, so havent worked since Nov, money is running low!! need a decision asap!!

Good luck to you all!

alright lfc, am in the same position as u, am on a 457 but job was terrible so quit in jan! Lodged my 190 in jan. Paying for the visa and paying rent has left me skint, am dying for the visa to grant, so I can get a new job and get some money back in the bank.

What job do you do? And what state did you apply for?

get your Medicals done ASAP as well, I've up loaded all docs so hopefully just waiting for a grant in the next couple of weeks

Edited by Jaime1984

2 weeks in....want time to fly but don't want to wish your life away..what a dilemma! :-P

x

Any more Feb visa folk???

Hi, we lodged on 30th of January :D Already on count down!! Days feel like weeks :/ does anyone have a rough idea of how long people are waiting on C.O to be assigned?

Hi, we lodged on 30th of January :D Already on count down!! Days feel like weeks :/ does anyone have a rough idea of how long people are waiting on C.O to be assigned?

Hi there, welcome aboard!

I have been told it can take up to 7 weeks- 10 weeks. :eek:But there are plenty of folk, on here, who have got a CO much quicker, 4-5 weeks! Fingers crossed, the wait will be short:biggrin:

Thanks for reply Wenn66 :)

Ye fingers crossed for everyone that its not to much longer!

Its such a long process! But at least the finish line is in sight!

My husband is currently in SA, so myself and kids are soooo eager to get the go ahead to finally join him!

Ive since read alot of people in late 2013, early 2014 seem to be allocated C.O around the 5 week mark!

So hopefully, the wait wont be to long ;)

Good luck to all, Cant wait to read up on sucess stories of Grants:))

We too finally lodged our application on 14th Feb, excited and nervous! Agent says the time frame is around 7 weeks to get a CO assigned! PCC booked for 28th Feb. Meds we are waiting for the agent to give us the green signal. Phew!!! what a journey it has been so far. Good luck all, hope we get our golden ticket soon!

We too finally lodged our application on 14th Feb, excited and nervous! Agent says the time frame is around 7 weeks to get a CO assigned! PCC booked for 28th Feb. Meds we are waiting for the agent to give us the green signal. Phew!!! what a journey it has been so far. Good luck all, hope we get our golden ticket soon!

Congratz on lodgement! Feels like all your hard work & prep is finally getting sumwer ;)

let the count down to C.O's and even better the Grants begin ;)

alright lfc, am in the same position as u, am on a 457 but job was terrible so quit in jan! Lodged my 190 in jan. Paying for the visa and paying rent has left me skint, am dying for the visa to grant, so I can get a new job and get some money back in the bank.

What job do you do? And what state did you apply for?

get your Medicals done ASAP as well, I've up loaded all docs so hopefully just waiting for a grant in the next couple of weeks

Hello Jaime, its a horrible position to be in, I have wrote to e457 to ask them to lift my work restrictions on my visa but haven't heard back from them yet.

Am an Electrician, I have applied for a WA visa. what do you work as? and what state you going for? I have heard that you should get a CO within 5 weeks! doing my medicals next week. Been over here for 3 years now, this decision is either Australia or home!! ha

Hello Jaime, its a horrible position to be in, I have wrote to e457 to ask them to lift my work restrictions on my visa but haven't heard back from them yet.

Am an Electrician, I have applied for a WA visa. what do you work as? and what state you going for? I have heard that you should get a CO within 5 weeks! doing my medicals next week. Been over here for 3 years now, this decision is either Australia or home!! ha

mate I've had a nightmare, been so close to going back the uk a couple of times, but stuck in there knowing once this visa grants there are about 3 or 4 big projects I can get work on. Am a pipefitter, been living in secret harbour for nearly 2 years, my trade went off the wa skills list, so I went for the Queensland ss.

Who did you contact about lifting the work restrictions on your 457.

Were are you from in the uk?

mate I've had a nightmare, been so close to going back the uk a couple of times, but stuck in there knowing once this visa grants there are about 3 or 4 big projects I can get work on. Am a pipefitter, been living in secret harbour for nearly 2 years, my trade went off the wa skills list, so I went for the Queensland ss.

Who did you contact about lifting the work restrictions on your 457.

Were are you from in the uk?

same here! only that I was working in the Pilbra most of last year is the reason I am still here, but them saving are almost gone.

I called the immi contact number and explained my situation to them, they said that they couldn't do anything for me and to email e457.perth@immi.gov.uk I emailed them last week but they haven't got back to me yet. Not really expecting any good news from them but worth a go.

Am from Livepool, u?