What are the main reasons you moved back?

jen85

Or perhaps the people who love Perth are more in tune with themselves and nature and not constantly seeking stimulation of a man made nature? Perhaps those deeper thinkers find enough in Perth to satify than those who only see the surface and never scratch any deeper. Looking for shiny new things that sparkle but soon lose their shine....

Tree huggers

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Perth is bad and I don't understand why, after all these years, it has not developed more. Sure it is beautiful phsically but mentally - no. Boring boring boring place. What a pity because it has so many other things going for it.

I do quite like Perth. It is a pretty place, and there is enough there for me. But my wife had a bad run in with a load of snobby bitches in a Mt Lawley playgroup. I had thought I wanted to move to Mt Lawley, and I had thought that it might be my wife that was the problem. Until I met them. They were bitches from Hell. Really snobby, bullying and domineering.

Shame, as we got on well with the Maylands crowd, who were mainly from the east coast. I went to school in Mt Lawley, and these women weren't native. They were new money who had blown in, and they thought they were so much better than everyone else. There is no class system in Oz, but there is a money caste system. Not with everyone, but with some.

It spoilt it really. In hindsight, we should have gone to Hillary's or somewhere like that. We may have had more luck. Plus she got pretty bored with the zoo. But it was the Mt Lawley snobs that killed it.

Wa is a big fooking place , we are Renton in greens Brighton ( we owned it ) building at Eglinton , nowts wrong , nowts reet it's your call , house for us we bought green , plan was daughter comin over not happening house got theatre room 4 beds me n r lass naah , theatre room I've sat in it 10 mins in 4 years Not a filmy Telly sort of dude , new house 3 bed 2 bath big alfresco minimal garden sorted , you live and learn and I'm still learning after 27 years with my Mrs ,

Wa is a big fooking place , we are Renton in greens Brighton ( we owned it ) building at Eglinton , nowts wrong , nowts reet it's your call , house for us we bought green , plan was daughter comin over not happening house got theatre room 4 beds me n r lass naah , theatre room I've sat in it 10 mins in 4 years Not a filmy Telly sort of dude , new house 3 bed 2 bath big alfresco minimal garden sorted , you live and learn and I'm still learning after 27 years with my Mrs ,

Can you write in English so I can understand ...???

But Perth is bad and I don't understand why, after all these years, it has not developed more. Sure it is beautiful phsically but mentally - no. Boring boring boring place. What a pity because it has so many other things going for it.

What has it going for it though ...you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

The natural world teaches us all we need to know. If we are bored we need to open our eyes..and our hearts..and our minds...

But if a place is boring no matter how wide you open your eyes...it is still boring...why waste your life in a boring part of the world when the world has so much to offer...

I moved back because i was to busy comparing everything to give oz a chance and spent all my time looking back with rosetinted glasses. i thought everything was wrong with oz when really it was just different. it didnt take me long to realise moving back was the biggest mistake of my life. the wonderful culture i remembered was mostly the same people sitting on the same seat in the same pub talking about the same things year after year after year. the scales feel off my eyes and i started saving to come back again. its amazing how different things are this time around mostly because i have a different attitude. the only thing i miss now is my family.

I moved back because i was to busy comparing everything to give oz a chance and spent all my time looking back with rosetinted glasses. i thought everything was wrong with oz when really it was just different. it didnt take me long to realise moving back was the biggest mistake of my life. the wonderful culture i remembered was mostly the same people sitting on the same seat in the same pub talking about the same things year after year after year. the scales feel off my eyes and i started saving to come back again. its amazing how different things are this time around mostly because i have a different attitude. the only thing i miss now is my family.

And what did you expect these people to be doing?Thats life is'nt it?My family all live in Australia,and when I speak to them,or visit them,guess what they're all doing?Yep the same old thing!People work,do the weekly shop,cut lawns,visit,and sometimes have a nice thing to attend,a holiday,whatever,and yep thats life!No matter where you live.

I guess it is up to the Perth inhabitants to inject a bit of life into the place. Taking a long time about it though.

Most don't like change..! Come back in 20 years and it will be the same, all but a few more buildings and another dozen or so new lifeless suburbs.

Most don't like change..! Come back in 20 years and it will be the same, all but a few more buildings and another dozen or so new lifeless suburbs.

It is amazing just how lifeless the suburbs are. I have walked around some and felt like i was in some sort of horror / sci fi movie where the rest of the world has just vanaished and i was the only one left.

Quit the Perthbashing! It is what it is, an place of outstanding natural beauty with first world facilities, clean, well organised and awesome weather. Best suited to people who derive pleasure from the simple things in life, nature and time spent in gorgeous surroundings, in nice weather with friends and family. If you want a vibrant, buzzing city culture, dont come!! But if you just like popping into a very well set out and resourced city with a variety of bars, clubs, museums and theatres perths for you! Jeez i dont know what some people want in life! Each to their own. DO your research. If I went back it'd be for family and friends not to do with how rubbish perth was.

Bugger...it must have been the wrong Perth I went to then....where is this other Perth? Sounds lovely.

Me too , I hate suburbia life here. The estates may be nice to the eye but you don't see a sole walking around. If you didn't know what day it was you would never guess as every minute of every day is the same.

I have long had this theory about suburban Perth and why so many seem to like it. I couldnt figure it out, as most of them dont even have a pub and they have these things they call parks, but which are actually about the size of the greens you get in council estates. So, there had to be something that is keeping the residents happy. I initially wondered if there was some sort of government ice cream van running around and dispensing pills to them all when i wasnt looking.

But then it hit me. They attract, like Perth generally, a particular type of person. So, what if, they happen to all have similar interests? By deduction and the fact that there is never anyone about it became obvious. There all swingers. The reason people like the Perth sunurbs is there having wild orgies day and night and that is also why you never see anyone. There all to busy at it with each other.

There all swingers. The reason people like the Perth sunurbs is there having wild orgies day and night and that is also why you never see anyone. There all to busy at it with each other.

Go Perth!! Send in Louis Theroux!!

I have long had this theory about suburban Perth and why so many seem to like it. I couldnt figure it out, as most of them dont even have a pub and they have these things they call parks, but which are actually about the size of the greens you get in council estates. So, there had to be something that is keeping the residents happy. I initially wondered if there was some sort of government ice cream van running around and dispensing pills to them all when i wasnt looking.

But then it hit me. They attract, like Perth generally, a particular type of person. So, what if, they happen to all have similar interests? By deduction and the fact that there is never anyone about it became obvious. There all swingers. The reason people like the Perth sunurbs is there having wild orgies day and night and that is also why you never see anyone. There all to busy at it with each other.

I'm staying now.. Just got to get into the swing of it then I'm away...!

The price of lemons, missing tesco's, it's not Britain with sun , they do things differently:laugh:

Food, rental and other cost of living prices can be a bit eye-watering, particularly if you're in that interim period after arriving and are racing through your savings. It really does ramp up the pressure at a time when people are often struggling with the adjustment to a new country. As a response to this it's natural to compare what you're suddenly seeing around you with what you've always known back home. It is very different here, which I'm sure 99% of new arrivals completely understand. Very few leave because they can't purchase their child's favourite juice, it just doesn't work for everyone. Some like to deride returnees as 'failures,' but emigrating to a new country can be a complex experience, particularly where there are children involved. MBTTUK has seen a fair few posters who were initially dismissive of other posters' unhappiness in Australia eventually admitting that it wasn't for them either. Fortunately, this isn't some 'death or glory' military mission where failure is not an option.

We're human, not everything goes to plan.

Edited by User70277