New Visa Application Charges from 1st of July 2013

Alan Collett

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/new-visa-charges-1july2013/

This also confirms the introduction of a new per applicant component to the amount to be paid to the Department of Immigration.

This charge will be paid by each additional applicant included in or added to a combined visa application (unless an exemption applies). The amount varies according to the age of the applicant and the visa subclass, and is added to the base application charge.

For subclass 189 and 190 visa applicants the Additional Applicant Charge (AAC) for those aged 18 or over is 50% of the base charge.

The amount for those aged under 18 the AAC is 25% of the base charge.

The proposed visa pricing details from 1st of July 2013 are here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/new-visa-charges-1july2013/_pdf/visa-pricing-table.pdf

Best regards.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest30085

Thank you for posting Alan, jeez they are certainly trying to make emigrating an expensive option

Hi Alan..I am bit confused with the new fees which has been rolled out by DIAC. My Husband is the main applicant for subclass 190 for WA. Along with him, myself and our 6 months old daughter are the dependents. So now does the main visa charge for all 3 of us remains at AUD 3060 or do we pay the additional new charges??

Kindly clarify as i am utterly confused.

The additional charges will come in to effect on 1 July for new applications lodged. If you 190 has already been lodged before 1 July 2013 ( doesn't matter if have CO yet or visa) you will pay the current visa fee. But is application not lodged before 1 July you will pay the new fee which for your family would be about $5355.

Remember that lodging an EoI is not the same as lodging a visa application - so if you are lodging an Expression of Interest under SkillSelect this will not be sufficient as to avoid the new per applicant basis of charging. You must receive and accept the invitation from DIAC to lodge a visa application before the end of this month to escape the new Additional Applicant Charge.

Best regards.

Thanks for posting this! We're hoping the skills assessment comes through so we can apply before 1st! Good luck everyone!

If its the 189 visa you are too late to apply before 1 July, last round of invitations are Monday 17th Australian time. If 190 your state would need to sponsor very fast, to get invitation by 30 June which would be unlikely.

The additional charges will come in to effect on 1 July for new applications lodged. If you 190 has already been lodged before 1 July 2013 ( doesn't matter if have CO yet or visa) you will pay the current visa fee. But is application not lodged before 1 July you will pay the new fee which for your family would be about $5355.

I have already applied an EOI and lodged WA state sponsorship on June 6th. Our skill assessment results are expected by July end. If I am invited by WA to lodge my visa by June 30th and I make the application and pay the Visa fees before June 30th, then I should pay AUD 3060 right? However I should be having 60 days to upload all documents as the only documents which I will not have is my skill assessment results.

I have already applied an EOI and lodged WA state sponsorship on June 6th. Our skill assessment results are expected by July end. If I am invited by WA to lodge my visa by June 30th and I make the application and pay the Visa fees before June 30th, then I should pay AUD 3060 right? However I should be having 60 days to upload all documents as the only documents which I will not have is my skill assessment results.

Surely you have to have a completed skills assessment and the results in your hand before you can apply for a state sponsored visa?

Jonny

You won't get state sponsorship without a positive skills assessment, even if you did and lodged your application, it would then be denied by DIAC for not meeting the requirement if holding a positive skills assessment before applying. You must hold positive skills assessment before you can be invited. It was the case with WA before you could not apply for state sponsorship without a positive skills assessment. Has this changed???

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/faqs/

Can I submit an EOI if I have not completed an English language test, skills assessment or Job Ready program?

No, not if you need these in order to submit an EOI.

If you are submitting an EOI for a points based visa, you must have completed an English language test, skills assessment or job ready program (if applicable) before you submit a complete EOI.

You do not need to attach documents to your EOI. However, you must enter accurate information in your EOI that matches the information on the supporting documents.

i would suspect you state sponsorship application will be refused as you don't have a valid EOI.

what are the app charge consequences with a new arrival Alan? can't find it! sorry,

J :-)

It will be cost of child $765, this only applies to visas not been granted, I. E. put on hold due to pregnancy and not able to complete chest X-ray. Applications already been granted will need to apply for child visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/faqs/Can I submit an EOI if I have not completed an English language test, skills assessment or Job Ready program?No, not if you need these in order to submit an EOI.If you are submitting an EOI for a points based visa, you must have completed an English language test, skills assessment or job ready program (if applicable) before you submit a complete EOI.You do not need to attach documents to your EOI. However, you must enter accurate information in your EOI that matches the information on the supporting documents.i would suspect you state sponsorship application will be refused as you don't have a valid Hi...for EOI only the skill assessment reference number from vetassess was needed which I have mentioned as I had lodged my skill assessment on 24th may...when applying my WA state sponsership my skill assessment results were not needed and my EOI states that it has been submitted successfully with 60 points and also reviewed by CO...if I am invited to apply for my Visa by WA I need to attach all documents then..so skill assessment results are needed when I have a positive invitation by WA....

Archived