New Visa Application Charges from 1st of July 2013

Alan Collett

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 30 points for my age

20 points for band 8 ielts

10 points for my nvq2 qualification

so i have 60 points but i also have 3 years experience after i had done my apprentership. I heard somewhere that diac refuse a visa if not enough evidence found to match the points im applying for, would i be better off playing it safe and just going for guaranteed 60points or am i better taking the gamble at 65 points but maybe my visa will have a small chance of being refused!! seems a lot of money now as i have me, one dependant adult and 2 children so visa is expensive.;

ANy help on this matter apprecaited

Oh my gosh. Can anyone advise me if I can lodge the application before my husband's passport is renewed or do I have to wait until it arrives, as it will cost a bit more if I wait as I need to put 2 of our children on his application. He's applying for the spouse visa, so I'm not sure how much extra it will cost, as it's too late at night for maths!!

Oh my gosh. Can anyone advise me if I can lodge the application before my husband's passport is renewed or do I have to wait until it arrives, as it will cost a bit more if I wait as I need to put 2 of our children on his application. He's applying for the spouse visa, so I'm not sure how much extra it will cost, as it's too late at night for maths!!

You can apply with his current passport details if it is still valid and then update CO when it arrives.

It will be cost of child $765, this only applies to visas not been granted, I. E. put on hold due to pregnancy and not able to complete chest X-ray. Applications already been granted will need to apply for child visa.

Hi,

Can I request my CO to hold the VISA for my spouse since she is pregnant and can not undergo Chest X-ray and process my only at this stage? Is it acceptable to them to process one and hold other in the same application?

Bit peed off that our migration agent hasn't taken the initiative to inform us of these changes! But hey ho, we'd pay double the new fee to get out there so I suppose we best crack on filling the piggy bank.

Snap we are the same...we were hoping to be invited to apply on July 1st 2013, which we still are hoping however will cost myself and my hubby double overall now! So $6120!!

However not to worry as its all relative eh and not a lot we can do about it!

anyone know if the second installment of £4250 has changed too?

On the DIAC advice about the proposed changes the second installment re the functional English requirement still shows as $4250 for the 189/190

Tee

I am in the process of applying for a prospective marriage visa, subclass 300. i am in the uk, my fiance is in oz... with these charges will we both have to pay a single fee together or will i have to pay the $2680 and my fiance pay a separate $1200? its all kinda confusing me

Im in shock reading this, as a family of 5 the charges have gone from $3060 to $6885??? How can this be justified?

Is there no legal restrictions on them increasing the charge so drastically? Thats an extra £2.5k ish to find!!! As if moving to the other side of the world and flights etc were not hard enough.

Im in shock reading this, as a family of 5 the charges have gone from $3060 to $6885??? How can this be justified?

Is there no legal restrictions on them increasing the charge so drastically? Thats an extra £2.5k ish to find!!! As if moving to the other side of the world and flights etc were not hard enough.

Why would there be a legal restriction? Its their country, if you make the choice to move here you got to pay the fees.

I am in the process of applying for a prospective marriage visa, subclass 300. i am in the uk, my fiance is in oz... with these charges will we both have to pay a single fee together or will i have to pay the $2680 and my fiance pay a separate $1200? its all kinda confusing me

The visa charges are for the applicant (and any other migrating dependents) only, not for the sponsor. Just your fiance will be charged, unless she has children coming with her.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. Lucky enough to get our invite in the last round so got the application in quickly, especially given the planned maintenance from the 28th!

sorry, what maintenance are you referring too? will there be some delays after the 28th to visa applications?!

OH MY GOD... This is a nightmare for our family... We cant apply for our ENS 186 until 26th July (2 year rule) and cant apply AFTER 7th August (husband 50) and we just cant find another $3665 in the next four weeks... myself, my just turned 18 dependant son still at school, and my other 15 year old.

I knew that there were likely to be increases in cost, but never ever expected this kind of rise...

Thanks Australia, you sure know how to make life hard for the LEGAL immigrants.

We have been knocked for six with this development. Surely the people in the know knew about this proposed change long before the Go Live date. We might not have made the cut off date anyway but still it is a shock to find that the cost for the visa alone has now doubled, added to that all the other costs makes things start to look bleak. I understand the DIAC can and will increase charges and we will just have to go along with it to get over and start our new life but it does make things a lot more difficult prior to that. It is such a stressful time anyway with the costs involved, selling your home, leaving family behind that this could just be the straw that breaks the camels back!:sad:

I spoke to an agent today with regards to 190 visa. We are just about to start on it, but I am a little miffed to be honest. Not once was it been mentioned about the rising cost of the visa application and according to this thread it has been known for over a week. Feeling a bit let down & confused :err: really not sure what to make of it or the migration agent that neglected to mention the additional costs.

We have been knocked for six with this development. Surely the people in the know knew about this proposed change long before the Go Live date. We might not have made the cut off date anyway but still it is a shock to find that the cost for the visa alone has now doubled, added to that all the other costs makes things start to look bleak. I understand the DIAC can and will increase charges and we will just have to go along with it to get over and start our new life but it does make things a lot more difficult prior to that. It is such a stressful time anyway with the costs involved, selling your home, leaving family behind that this could just be the straw that breaks the camels back!:sad:

The move to a "per applicant" basis of charging was flagged by DIAC several months ago.

However, the amount of the new charge was not announced until just over a week ago - as you might expect, Government tends not to release the finer details of cost increases such as this until a late stage otherwise there would be a surge in the number applying before the change.

Indeed, until the legislation was passed - and there is no certainty of that happening these days, with the Australian Government's majority on a knife edge - there was no certainty the change would be enacted.

Best regards.

I spoke to an agent today with regards to 190 visa. We are just about to start on it, but I am a little miffed to be honest. Not once was it been mentioned about the rising cost of the visa application and according to this thread it has been known for over a week. Feeling a bit let down & confused :err: really not sure what to make of it or the migration agent that neglected to mention the additional costs.

You should receive a schedule of costs from the agent setting out all costs relating to your planned visa application - including the DIAC Visa Application Charges - assuming you asked the agent to provide one (or one was offered by the agent).

Best regards.

You should receive a schedule of costs from the agent setting out all costs relating to your planned visa application - including the DIAC Visa Application Charges - assuming you asked the agent to provide one (or one was offered by the agent).

Best regards.

Thank you Alan, when I spoke to the agent yesterday they asked me to write down the costs whilst I was on the phone to them, which I did, then they said the costs would all be in the follow up e-mail that they were sending yesterday. All I received from the agent was a letter of Terms and Conditions for if I decide to go with them and a Pro Forma invoice for their charges to do the visa. There was no list of the costs and what the costs are for. I have a list of questions to ask them today see what they have to say but I will be ringing around other agents as I am now not sure if I received correct advice in the first place.

Thank you Alan, when I spoke to the agent yesterday they asked me to write down the costs whilst I was on the phone to them, which I did, then they said the costs would all be in the follow up e-mail that they were sending yesterday. All I received from the agent was a letter of Terms and Conditions for if I decide to go with them and a Pro Forma invoice for their charges to do the visa. There was no list of the costs and what the costs are for. I have a list of questions to ask them today see what they have to say but I will be ringing around other agents as I am now not sure if I received correct advice in the first place.

I'd ask them to confirm all costs for your visa application - including DIAC's Visa Application Charges - in an email.

No details means they don't get your instructions.

Let me know if you want a Schedule of Costs from us too - send an email to me (click on my name to the left of this post) if so, with your name and phone number/s.

Reference to this thread will also help me join the dots!

Best regards.

Archived