New Visa Application Charges from 1st of July 2013

Alan Collett

Hi,

Just another quick question regarding the new price increases.

I received successful state sponsorship on 16th May and the invite to lodge on the same day. The invite was accepted and I have until 16th July to provide the necessary documents. Does this mean that the new charges will affect me?

Thanks

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

Just another quick question regarding the new price increases.

I received successful state sponsorship on 16th May and the invite to lodge on the same day. The invite was accepted and I have until 16th July to provide the necessary documents. Does this mean that the new charges will affect me?

Thanks

If you accept the invite before the cut off you secure the present basis of charging.

Given the shutdown in online services on Friday evening Aus time (Friday morning in the UK) I strongly recommend you accept the invitation and pay the VAC today, or tomorrow at the latest, particularly if you have a spouse/partner and dependents.

Best regards.

If you accept the invite before the cut off you secure the present basis of charging.

Given the shutdown in online services on Friday evening Aus time (Friday morning in the UK) I strongly recommend you accept the invitation and pay the VAC today, or tomorrow at the latest, particularly if you have a spouse/partner and dependents.

Best regards.

Thanks for the info Alan.

Is there any reason preventing me paying the VAC even though I don't have all the supporting document prepared yet?

Regards

Alan you are great sharing all this info much appreciated!

i have a question, do we have to have all forms completed or just pay the fee? Has anyone a link to the actual forms as I can't seem to find it and I won't have money till tomorrow to pay for visa but would like to make a start if needed.

thanks in advance

Thanks for the info Alan.

Is there any reason preventing me paying the VAC even though I don't have all the supporting document prepared yet?

Regards

I don't know - much depends on whether the points you have claimed in the EoI are supported by the documentary evidence that is or will be available for upload to DIAC.

This is one of the risks that those who lodge unrepresented face: if you pay the VAC and find that the case officer disagrees with your EoI claims your application fails and you lose the VAC. A competent advisor should mitigate that risk by being knowledgeable as to the points being claimed at EoI stage.

Best regards.

Thanks for the alert on the charges which I had no idea about and which pushed me to get my application done this week as my nomination for 186 was approved 2 weeks ago and we were slowly getting our paperwork organised for our application ! Saving $1500 got us moving ! Beware though as their systems are down from tomorrow 28th for the whole weekend due to the new fees being implemented so if anyone is leaving until this weekend do it NOW !!! We are doing it all ourselves, no agent so fingers crossed and looks like fees change every year so beware for next July folks too !

Very frustrating, we've been trying for the last 4 days at least 100+ times a day to lodge an application for a sub class 186, a temporary residence transition to permanent before 28/6/13 :1st is said'An error has occurred - this service is temporarily unavailable'. Please try again later' we tried with various different browsers and on different computers, when we rang (waiting for 1 hour), we were told it was extremely busy and to keep on trying, and now the website is completely down, its still the 27th, only one day left, not looking hopeful. Feel like we're living in the dark ages :(

Hi Amanda J

i got so worried and upset this morning that I wouldn't get through that I logged off made a phone call to EU embassy which was a waste of time :-( and I decided to let it go and stop stressing. All day I was believing that I'd log on and I'd get it and that's exactly what happened I logged on at 5.30pm and paid and its lodged I still have to add the attachments which ill make a start on tonight if the system lets me but its done :) I really hope you have had the same luck mine was a 190 visa BTW hope to hear your good news soon too!

YEAH PADDYMACS!!! Ours has gone through too!! :ssign19: We had made a complaint through the website a few days ago and it seemed our ID Number was on there twice, so whether that was causing it I don't know. Wishing you lots of success! We've been here for 3 years now (on temporary visa, applying now for permanent) and haven't looked back, its not all roses around the door, but hey where is? I wouldn't be anywhere else!

So that's it for the 2012/2013 migration year!

Good luck to everyone who got their applications in - may your visas come quickly. To everyone yet to apply, 2013/2014 will be your year! Keep focused, and you too will soon be enjoying the sun. :) Thanks to the online agents for their freely-given help and the mods for managing such a great, supportive community.

Got to page 17 payment page this morning and then crash. they have put something up on the skillslect homepage at the moment for anyone having struggled to get their visas processed the last few days to call them before the 5th july. wonder if they will let us apply under the old payment system!

yeah your sound as long as you've paid the main fee they can't sting you again. im gona upload my docs this week once the wife scans them to a flash key at work(about a hundred of them, bloody plumbing quals,lol).

Please guide me how to apply for australia immigration without any help of Immigration consultants.

To be honest, no one on here is going to lead you through step by step. You need to read up on the visa you want to apply for, and at the very least comeback with a specific question or two. If you can't manage the process you will need a migration agent, but the majority of people on here have neither the time, inclination or sometimes experience to hold someone's hand through from A to Z.

Archived