I'm going home!!!

Missus B

MissusB, why did you want to come to Australia in the first place ? Was it just boredom with your life ?

Really you've only had a holiday for 2 months.

Good luck with your move back. But don't tell yourself you have experienced emigrating to Australia, but you have had a good holiday.

I'm slightly offended by this and normally I don't bite at these type of comments. How do you make that out? How long is the official ''time'' to say you have emigrated to Australia? I am a permanent resident. I have already integrated. I work for the emergency services which has probably helped me integrate quicker into society and culture here. And as I work 12-15 hours a day, I am most certainly not ''on holiday''. I have a fairly tight group of friends, a good social life, a good routine. My life here is currently being lived the way it would be lived in the UK. I just do more things here on my days off as the weather allows me to do so here. I have actually been here 4 months now and when I leave, it will be almost 9 months. Statistics say 3-6 months to adopt a new culture. I don't think I will feel any different in 2 months as one of these statistics. My one true goal in life is not to be a statistic in fact. I like to get outside of my comfort zone and live life and that is why I came to Australia. I was curious. If you read my previous posts on other threads, I loved my life in the UK and I certainly wasn't bored. But by staying here a particular or expected length of time, I become one of those statistics I'm talking about. Simply because I am conforming to what is expected of me, rather than following my own heart. Nothing is set in stone and I removed my blinkers a long time ago. It can help with your outlook on life. Just saying.....

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just find it really sad for people who have spent years and years dreaming and planning and preparing for a forever move to Aus and then chuck in after a couple of months because they miss mummy and daddy.

Ok I know that sounds rude and it is, but it is often the truth.

Firstly, I have never spent years and years, dreaming, planning and preparing for a forever move to Australia. It was a great opportunity which I decided to take. I had the guts to take it.

Secondly, I do not miss ''mummy and daddy''. My dear mother is no longer with us and my Dad is away for most of the year. I lived nowhere near my family for the last 8 years. :realmad:

Guest Guest16631

.............just follow your heart Missus B...................there is only you to live your life............tread your journey.............often by listening to too many opinions and recommendations...........it confuses matters..........there is no one life fits all.................so pleased you had a good life here..............just as you seem determined to have a good life there again............its often not about where you live...........but how............and with who...........your joie de vivre ..........will take you anywhere..............good luck.........tink.!

I just find it really sad for people who have spent years and years dreaming and planning and preparing for a forever move to Aus and then chuck in after a couple of months because they miss mummy and daddy.

Ok I know that sounds rude and it is, but it is often the truth.

not only rude in the context of this thread but patronising twaddle to boot.

No need to explain yourself Missus B, all us neutrals know what you mean, those who come onto this thread to try and knock you obviously have some probs with Oz too.

dont rise to them, The thread is pretty good, ignore those looking to de rail it.

i get that all the time lego ......if i have 5 minutes , and they are intellectually aware , i try to explain .

Some of my mates make me laugh .......reasonable salary ....good schools .....regular holidays .....PUB EVERY SINGLE DAY BETWEEN 4 and 7 after work .......and they sit there moaning

What they dont understand , and take for granted is .......they have an infastructure ,the world envies ......milkman ...postman....postbox every 500 yards ......bus if you want one .....train if you want one ......24 hour shopping .....shopping home delivery

Chinese 300 yds from the pub

indian 300 yds from the pub

tesco 500 yds from the pub

retail park ......argos ....boots .....band q .......1000 yds from the pub

At least 5 petrol stations within a mile , that also sell all the essentials

beer at £2.85 a pint

meals at £ 6 .....and now 2 for 1

This is not an oz v uk comparison post ........but occassionally i pipe and tell them they are SPOILT with a capital S .........you have to be away to appreciate it

Iam also fully aware of its many shortcomings

You had to go mention Argos :cry:

now i homesick, used to be my one stop shop for xmas pressies for everyone, usually done on xmas eve ( i am a man).always had a spare catalogue. and a cheap pint.

not only rude in the context of this thread but patronising twaddle to boot.

Its not at all twaddle. Its very accurate.

Many go home because they miss their parents.

You might not like it, but its true.

Not saying that Missus B's motivation.

can't believe the rudeness of some people! seriously if you have nothing valuable to say why don't you feck off....

Couldn't agree more. Some absolute W.U.M.s on this thread.

We never got to live in Australia for many reasons and I live with the what ifs quite a bit...you don't have to as you HAVE tried it ( not on a long holiday) lived it, made friends, worked and integrated so I think you are in position to know how you feel.The best of luck on your return and good on you for giving it a go and life is too short to be unhappy....

can't believe the rudeness of some people! seriously if you have nothing valuable to say why don't you feck off....

There is one post that said 'Also agreed that basically you had a holiday', ....... How can someone come out with such a flippant comment when this lovely young lady has been working her ass of in such intense heat, providing a service to the public and paying her taxes, a very strange holiday IMO ..........

Missus B you follow your heart and ignore the crap some people are posting, it's none of their bloody business if you choose to go home after a day, a week, a month, 3 months of 10 years .......

I think you're quite right! Life's too short. You've a lot to return for and at least you gave it a go! You'll have lots of good memories to look back on. People say we are mad because we decided (before we even go) that our move to oz won't be forever, (we go over on Feb 4th.) We just want to have an adventure for a few years and work while we're there! So I say good luck and may the adventures continue!!

Claire xx

There is one post that said 'Also agreed that basically you had a holiday', ....... How can someone come out with such a flippant comment when this lovely young lady has been working her ass of in such intense heat, providing a service to the public and paying her taxes, a very strange holiday IMO ..........

Missus B you follow your heart and ignore the crap some people are posting, it's none of their bloody business if you choose to go home after a day, a week, a month, 3 months of 10 years .......

well said . I don't think working and saving lifes is a holiday.. sitting on a beach and day trips every day is a holiday!

best of luck Mrs b x

Its not at all twaddle. Its very accurate.

Many go home because they miss their parents.

You might not like it, but its true.

Not saying that Missus B's motivation.

Yep, that's me! Miss me Mam after 7 years here.....

It's really not that much of an issue if you plan and have a good understanding of wealth creation / economics. Build a passive income stream in Oz via what-ever asset class takes your fancy, then go back to the UK safe in the knowledge you are building wealth in your adopted land. Or better still, create passive income wealth streams in BOTH countries = world is oyster.

Basic key to ensure a plan like this is viable? No 4 bed 2 bath in point cook, his and her's brand new Nissan Murano (insert name of any pointless SUV here), Hardly Normal flat screens in every room, shopping trips for pointless sh*t to highpoint, BABIES till you're ready.

Certainly a more productive discussion than 'people return cos they miss they're Mam and Dad' cause they would do - they're human.... I even miss my bessy mates Mam & Dad!!! hahahahahha

I'm slightly offended by this and normally I don't bite at these type of comments. How do you make that out? How long is the official ''time'' to say you have emigrated to Australia? I am a permanent resident. I have already integrated. I work for the emergency services which has probably helped me integrate quicker into society and culture here. And as I work 12-15 hours a day, I am most certainly not ''on holiday''. I have a fairly tight group of friends, a good social life, a good routine. My life here is currently being lived the way it would be lived in the UK. I just do more things here on my days off as the weather allows me to do so here. I have actually been here 4 months now and when I leave, it will be almost 9 months. Statistics say 3-6 months to adopt a new culture. I don't think I will feel any different in 2 months as one of these statistics. My one true goal in life is not to be a statistic in fact. I like to get outside of my comfort zone and live life and that is why I came to Australia. I was curious. If you read my previous posts on other threads, I loved my life in the UK and I certainly wasn't bored. But by staying here a particular or expected length of time, I become one of those statistics I'm talking about. Simply because I am conforming to what is expected of me, rather than following my own heart. Nothing is set in stone and I removed my blinkers a long time ago. It can help with your outlook on life. Just saying.....

If carlsberg did great comebacks....:notworthy:

Yep, that's me! Miss me Mam after 7 years here.....

It's really not that much of an issue if you plan and have a good understanding of wealth creation / economics. Build a passive income stream in Oz via what-ever asset class takes your fancy, then go back to the UK safe in the knowledge you are building wealth in your adopted land. Or better still, create passive income wealth streams in BOTH countries = world is oyster.

Basic key to ensure a plan like this is viable? No 4 bed 2 bath in point cook, his and her's brand new Nissan Murano (insert name of any pointless SUV here), Hardly Normal flat screens in every room, shopping trips for pointless sh*t to highpoint, BABIES till you're ready.

Certainly a more productive discussion than 'people return cos they miss they're Mam and Dad' cause they would do - they're human.... I even miss my bessy mates Mam & Dad!!! hahahahahha

Its a shame people won't let this go, and then will blame me for responding.

My point which I believe is very valid.

I find it sad that people who have had long standing dreams to move to Aus (often years and years) an plan visas and lots of trials and tribulations to get here, can chuck that all away after a few months because they're missing their parents.

Note That I sad I find it sad for them. I didn't say they were sad.

Now I had dropped this issue but if people keep bringing it up... that is up to them.

Also Missus B has stated this is not her feelings, but it does happen a lot. Coming for ever, back home in a month or too, and now coming back again.

Archived