I'm going home!!!

Missus B

Good Luck Missus B

You're doing what is right for you

Why can't some understand that their is no written rules on where you live and how you live your life

You and you alone know what is right for you

For those that always have to have a say hold your heads in shame

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Firstly, I have never spent years and years, dreaming, planning and preparing for a forever move to Australia. It was a great opportunity which I decided to take. I had the guts to take it.

Secondly, I do not miss ''mummy and daddy''. My dear mother is no longer with us and my Dad is away for most of the year. I lived nowhere near my family for the last 8 years. :realmad:

Missus B you answer to no one but yourself (unless you a partner/hubby et al.) you do what's right for you I admire your spirit and the way you handle these rude remarks another reason I will be leaving PIO good luck to you and if ever I need a paramedic God I hope its you. Good luck and take care.

Guest guest68546

Nothing wrong with opposing views and the OP did post in an open forum. If everyone said congratulations, well done, etc it would just be one big sycophantic love in. Opposing views can be good when done with a modicum of courtesy.

FWIW, I think the OP is leaving a tad early but to use Glasgow parlance 'she's big enough and ugly enough to make up her own mind'. You can only wish her good luck.

(Disclaimer for those of an easily outraged nature (sad that I have to put this in); this is not a personal attack on the OP)

Nothing wrong with opposing views and the OP did post in an open forum. If everyone said congratulations, well done, etc it would just be one big sycophantic love in.

Absolutely

Opposing views can be good when done with a modicum of courtesy.

The offending post wasn't though, despite the later attempt to make out it was a general one rather than a targeted one. Pretty sure that was why people reacted to it

It is so funny how when we are in the UK we never think we have much of a 'culture' but when you leave it behind you see just how wonderful it was and how the UK is steeped in 'culture', history and wonderfulness :o) Good luck, i'll be joining you very soon!

It is so funny how when we are in the UK we never think we have much of a 'culture' but when you leave it behind you see just how wonderful it was and how the UK is steeped in 'culture', history and wonderfulness :o) Good luck, i'll be joining you very soon!

Ain't this the truth, you become so used to the history the wonderful scenery the 4 seasons BBC, the food and the people that you take t for granted, t is only when you don't have it anymore you realise how much it really means to you.

Good for you Missus B, I really hope things work out for you and that you will be back on your feet quickly. It must have been a difficult move, coming over on your own and I totally get that it would have been lonely in your situation, most of the people I have met have been through my children, I wonder how I would have coped in your shoes.

All the best on your journey home, I hope you have some good memories to take back with you.

Hello :mask: <---- me in mod mode

I've just had a bit of a tidy up in this thread. I had posted a fair few pages back about not hijacking this thread. I am guessing perhaps not everyone who replied after has read that post :biggrin:

Missus B, as I have said before, grown woman, knows her own mind and is happy she is making the right decision for her. This is a thread for her to share that news with others and to chat about it. Its not about the bigger picture of why others may choose to leave Aus or any of that. If you want to do that, go start your own thread please.

Thanks in advance. Again.

S

Wish Missus B all the best for her move back to UK. Picking up on your point about not understanding why anyone should want to migrate from UK, not many people who migrate, are forced to migrate, unless they are moving from a disadvantaged part of the world. So whether or not you understand their motives it's a personal choice even if it's not something you would contemplate. You appear happy in UK, that's fine, but some of us are equally happy to live in Australia, that's equally fine. Each to their own.

I can only assume it maybe due to the size of oz or expense but I know soooo many Australians who have never ever left the country to visit others, and many who have never left Perth,

I know soooo many people where I grew up in Derbyshire who have never left the town (Chesterfield) went to Skeggy or Rhyll to the miners camps every year for their holidays, married a girl out of the class at school, got divorced and married another girl out of their class, used to work down the pit till they closed, go to the same pub or miners welfare every night, with the same people they've known since school and are perfectly happy with their lot.

No right or wrong in anyones decision.

P1P ?

I was making a statement, not starting yet another argument aus v perth. What is your problem?

Sigh....read it again. I think he was agreeing with you. He also said there was no right or wrong, which means he's neutral, therefore, not starting an argument.:eek:

Guest Guest40285

You go girl, Happy days, Its great your going home, enjoy and be well. I hope to be home again one day for good. Take care and have a pint or three for me.

Cheers Matt.

Sigh....read it again. I think he was agreeing with you. He also said there was no right or wrong, which means he's neutral, therefore, not starting an argument.:eek:

Spot on MissusB. I was just pointing out there are no right or wrongs for people to have a happy life.

We may be on the edge too. been here on the gold coast since Sept 12, as much as we love the place I just dont feel right, I dont have any homesick feelings etc, Its hard to find work in construction here on the GC, only problem is 2 members of my family will be disappointed if we do leave.

• 3 weeks later...

Great news.How nice it feels when you know you've made the right decision. Going home can be just as exciting (if nor more so) than coming out in the first place. Reading your post reminded me of that excitement and I am so happy for your. I've been home a year and don't regret my decision one bit x

Just seen this thread MissusB.

YOU know you have made the right decision and that is all that counts!

I followed your story and as you know I admired you for two reasons, firstly for going it alone and secondly giving it a go :notworthy:

Wanted to wish you the best of Luck for the future :hug:

Archived