October 190 Visa Thread

Guest colinmac

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have question - I gained a BA(Hons) in 1995, and did not receive transcripts with my Certificate ( neither did anyone else on my course) However, when I asked my Uni for copies, they were really helpful, even looking in the their paper archives but couldnt find any, so wrote me an official letter with course details explaining that they no longer held records. CO has just e-mailed to say that she has everything but transcripts. I did send her a copy of the letter (twice!) but have now messaged explaining situation. My question is will I have my visa refused? There are contact details on the letter for her to verify the reason I dont have transcripts, but will she just reject my application, or am I being daft? Anyone have same probs?

Have question - I gained a BA(Hons) in 1995, and did not receive transcripts with my Certificate ( neither did anyone else on my course) However, when I asked my Uni for copies, they were really helpful, even looking in the their paper archives but couldnt find any, so wrote me an official letter with course details explaining that they no longer held records. CO has just e-mailed to say that she has everything but transcripts. I did send her a copy of the letter (twice!) but have now messaged explaining situation. My question is will I have my visa refused? There are contact details on the letter for her to verify the reason I dont have transcripts, but will she just reject my application, or am I being daft? Anyone have same probs?

Hi Teacha2544

I am pretty sure she will take your explanations into account and may well verify your statements by contacting your university. I think you're gonna be alright especially if you have your Certificate or the skills assessment result in hand.

Hope it helps.

Hi Teacha2544

I am pretty sure she will take your explanations into account and may well verify your statements by contacting your university. I think you're gonna be alright especially if you have your Certificate or the skills assessment result in hand.

Hope it helps.

Hi Jaso,

I really hope you are right, it seems like common sense so I have my fingers crossed! Thanks for your reply! :biggrin:

I would just like to say thank you for the congratulations today and we have been buzzing so much and its such a relief to get the grant, we are totally looking forward to moving to Canberra in 2013 and joining in the centenary celebrations the capital is having next year. Bring it on!!!

Well, we FINALLY got the email we've been waiting for!

WE GOT OUR VISAS WOOOHOOOO

Many congratualtions d4ddyc001.....this is great newssssssss!!!!!!!!! I guess now slowly all of us are getting their grants.....Have a great party over this weekend!!! Enjoy these moments.....all the best for your future in Oz......if I am not mistaken your CO was from team 33 AK am I right?

Thank you so much for all your kind wishes. I think it's only by coming on here that I've stayed sane throughout this process!!! It hasn't had chance to sink in yet, but I plan to celebrate a little tonight with a nice bottle of Australian wine!!

Good luck to all those who are still waiting - hope you all get good news soon.

JJB, you're right I was team 33 Brisbane CO - AK.

Thank you so much for all your kind wishes. I think it's only by coming on here that I've stayed sane throughout this process!!! It hasn't had chance to sink in yet, but I plan to celebrate a little tonight with a nice bottle of Australian wine!!

was any job verification done for you?

Congratulations! You really deserved this bottle!!!

Congratulations!!!!! finally your patience paid off!! :jiggy: Best of luck with your next step!!

Guest colinmac
Well, we FINALLY got the email we've been waiting for!

WE GOT OUR VISAS WOOOHOOOO

Who's the Daddy. Well Done on getting your Grant . Wish you all the best for the future. Hopefully we will meet up some day in downtown Perth and have a beer or two.................Still waiting

Cheers Colin

Guest colinmac

Reply received from Global health today...Not good news. A long wait ahead.

I can confirm that your examination results were received and are currently with Global Health for processing.

Global Health is currently experiencing a backlog in processing health cases, late last week they were processing electronic cases received on 30 August 2012. They will get your case as soon as they can, and are trying to address these issues.

Please contact your case officer if you need further information. Please don't contact Global Health directly - better that they focus on getting through the backlog.

Colin :-((((

I can confirm that your examination results were received and are currently with Global Health for processing.

Global Health is currently experiencing a backlog in processing health cases, late last week they were processing electronic cases received on 30 August 2012. They will get your case as soon as they can, and are trying to address these issues.

Please contact your case officer if you need further information. Please don't contact Global Health directly - better that they focus on getting through the backlog.

That's not good news Colin :( hopefully they'll get their act together and catch up on the backlog. Waiting is the most difficult part of this process and it's hard enought without additional wee setbacks!! I sometimes think they make the process so slow just to make sure it's really what you want! lol :rolleyes:

Guest colinmac
That's not good news Colin :( hopefully they'll get their act together and catch up on the backlog. Waiting is the most difficult part of this process and it's hard enought without additional wee setbacks!! I sometimes think they make the process so slow just to make sure it's really what you want! lol :rolleyes:

Aye i think you may have a point ha ha. Anyway we probably wouldn't do anything until the new year anyway with regards to the house. As my mum used to say " Whits fur ye will no go bye ye"...... Really hated everytime she said it though.

C

Aye i think you may have a point ha ha. Anyway we probably wouldn't do anything until the new year anyway with regards to the house. As my mum used to say " Whits fur ye will no go bye ye"...... Really hated everytime she said it though.

C

Ah yes, that favourite saying of Scottish Mum's everywhere!! lol ... and probably true. By the time we get Christmas & New Year out the way they'll hopefully be well through the list :smile:

We had exactly the same info in our email Colin. From the medicals referred thread there's now quite a few who have had meds processed from around the 12th September now so seems like they might be making progress, fingers crossed! My email also said mine out of our family's was with the MOC so the fact yours didn't say that hopefully means it will be straight forward.

good luck!

Colinmac, that date is for meds that have been referred - is this what's happened to yours?? If not, and its just a case of the initial processing to decide if they are ok or need to be referred, then they are a lot further forward. Our meds were done on 22/10 and ours were finalised last Thursday. I read a post last week where someone else was told the same thing, and it was the wrong info. And when you do get your grant, and make the move, I'll hold you to that beer in Perth!!

We're planning on making the move first week in July. My youngest two want to finish their current year at 6th form, and my nephew is getting married the last week in June (that takes care of all our family farewells!). We'll be heading off straight away after that. My sister in law and their family who moved to Perth 3 years ago are soooo happy that we'll be joining them. My wife and her sister are identical twins so it has been so hard for them both being so far apart.