October 190 Visa Thread

Guest colinmac

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooops ) I have the same lady )

So we will see.....

You mentioned that you got PCC done from 2 countries may I know which is the second country? I have already submitted PCC from India but I am still awaiting PCC from Netherlands, although the Netherlands authorities informed me that they have already processed it and sent it by post, I still have to receive it. The wait is really killing. So that is the only pending thing at my end.

Good luck and let us know what happens with your application.

Team 33, AK

The weird thing is that I have the same CO, and haven't had any external checks. She seemed happy with the docs we'd uploaded and didn't ask for anything extra like form 80 etc. Did you get the points test advisory letter with your skills assessment? We got this and uploaded as part of our evidence. Also might make a difference that I'd still have 60 points without my work experience points. Are you dependant upon your work experience points to meet the required 60?

Hope you don't have any problems with your employer!! I bet you're a bit peed off to say the least. I've just started a new job, and I'm definitely leaving it as late as I can to let them know my intentions!!

You mentioned that you got PCC done from 2 countries may I know which is the second country? I have already submitted PCC from India but I am still awaiting PCC from Netherlands, although the Netherlands authorities informed me that they have already processed it and sent it by post, I still have to receive it. The wait is really killing. So that is the only pending thing at my end.

Good luck and let us know what happens with your application.

Oh in our case I think we won't avoid at least some kind of checking, as my husband is Iranian and now we are located in Iran )) Despite I work for Russian governmental company ... I only hope it will not be external security checks ))

Jaso,

From what I have seen almost all of the guys who have got a CO in October have been allocated Team 33 from Brisbane apparently it seems they are new unit and may not have the experience like the Adelaide team. Team 33 is going by the book and having almost all the application go for external verification.

jbb

i read from other forum which someone posted in Feb 2012 that he got CO allocated from Team 33 Brisbane.

This means team 33 Brisbane isnt new team..

are you from High Risk Country? this could be one of the reason....

Yes guys I think this is the reason. Of course they should treat us (HR people) more carefully than British or European citizens... this is normal from my point of view...

but it is also mentioned on DIAC web site that maximum timeframe for 190 visa is 6 month regardless HR or LR country of origin...

Jaso,

The HR did not seem happy about this one bit since I had not told them I had applied and also I had got the reference letter from my colleague. So I hope the HR does not create any problems for me and also to my colleague who signed the reference letter for me.

jbb

... way of checking might be different. especially when the docs are suspicious...

i think reference letter from colleague is questionable.. more appropriate to get reference letter signed by HR Manager.

Jaso,

From what I have seen almost all of the guys who have got a CO in October have been allocated Team 33 from Brisbane apparently it seems they are new unit and may not have the experience like the Adelaide team. Team 33 is going by the book and having almost all the application go for external verification.

On 14th Nov the Australian High Commission had emailed my current company to verify if I worked with them or not and the information I have presented is valid or not. I was totally zapped when my HR came and told me that they have received email from the Australian High Commission. The HR did not seem happy about this one bit since I had not told them I had applied and also I had got the reference letter from my colleague. So I hope the HR does not create any problems for me and also to my colleague who signed the reference letter for me. I just do not understand why the DIAC had to forward the entire documents which I had submitted them to my company....they could have either emailed them or asked them on the phone if I worked with them or not and since when I was working...that's it.....sending all the documents.....is unnecessary as it can affect current job.

jbb

That is really weird. They shouldn't verify things like this. There are definitely many people like yourself who don't want their employers be aware of their migration plans unless it is confirmed. I hope things go well.

I am sure things will gonna be alright for you man. Don't worry! The important fact is that you have worked there and that's enough for DIAC.

Edited by Jaso

i read from other forum which someone posted in Feb 2012 that he got CO allocated from Team 33 Brisbane.

This means team 33 Brisbane isnt new team..

I am from India...and I do not think they consider India as HR...since I have seen so many people here in this forum get their visa grants in less than 25 days after getting CO assigned.

Perhaps what might have happened is that when I submitted my application to ACS for skills evaluation I had provided reference letter only from my previous company which is 7.5 years and did not provide any reference letter for my current job since I was just about 3 months old in the company. Now when I submitted my application to DIAC, I completed almost 1 year and my agent said we will need to submit the reference letter from my current company....so that is what I did by having one of my colleague sign the letter for me. So perhpas the DIAC may just be verifying that since ACS did not verify it.

Just my thoughts. I could be wrong also....and perhaps they might have verified from my previous company also....I do not know....I mean there is no way one would know that they have verified unless someone comes and tells us....I am in no way against verification but the point I am making here is that they should verify in a way that does not cause any problems to the candidates in their current job that's all.....

Guys,

Has anyone received any call from Australian Embassy/High Commission to verify the details? I am from India and I received a call from Australian embassy today (from Delhi) confirming all the details I had submitted to them....like my DOB, my employee id etc...when did I join my current company...designation....when did i join and leave my previous company....designation etc.....

This is kind of news to me that they are verifying from the company as well as from the applicant as to what information has been supplied to them in the application....He also asked me what documents I had submitted for my current and past employment. I told him that for my current employment I told I have provided Statutory Declaration.....signed by my colleague....he said that is not considered valid as such.....he said as a personal suggestion it is always good to have a letter from your HR....I said I have not informed my HR that I have applied for a visa application and explained that they do not provide details about the job responsibilities in the letter that HR provides.....and for skills assessment it is very important to have the job responsibilities and roles to be described...the embassy guy.....agreed to that.,....and said yes they are kind of hesitant to issue letters with those details......but he said its always good to keep the HR informed that you have applied for a visa and if they could issue a letter.....but he said it is only a suggestion from his end....I said I did provide a letter from my previous company since I had already left them....and even then my previous company did not give the letter easily,....they issued me the letter only after 2-3 months....but he said that Australian Embassy can do verification where-ever they feel appropriate or if they feel s required....I said I am aware about that and told them that the Australian High Commission has already emailed my current company last week requesting for verifying my employment.

He said that if you have provided valid information then I do not have to worry....I said that I have provided only the correct information and I have absolutely no worries in their verifying whatever they want to......From the entire conversation I got to understand is that they just want to confirm if the documentation provided is authentic or not because he said that they have had many applications received in the past where the documents submitted were fake and therefore they do verification....I said I understand that and I am fine with that....he thanked me for my co-operation and he ended the call.

So this is for all my friends out there who are still awaiting their visa grants....of the latest update....as far as my application goes.....

Cheers,

jbb

Jbb,

Thank you for sharing this with us.

It is a good sign that they called you. Hopefully you will hear from your CO soon.

I personally haven't come across with any one who applied in Oct and have got their grant, but you know what, you can be the first one! stay hopeful man!

Hi guys,

My CO is from Team 6, Adelaide and he wanted a current reference letter from my boss, employment contract and payslips were not enough. So I had a really unpleasent talk with my boss. He was quite upset, he wrote me the reference letter but also said that any career progression we had planned for me is cancelled. I do understand him and at least he haven't fired me yet. Hopefully it will be worth it, in the end.

I do understand why DIAC has to make certain the fact are true but latest payslip should be enough, in my view. I'm from Denmark, so low risk and works in public sector.

I hope we all get some good news this week :-)

Hi guys,

My CO is from Team 6, Adelaide and he wanted a current reference letter from my boss, employment contract and payslips were not enough. So I had a really unpleasent talk with my boss. He was quite upset, he wrote me the reference letter but also said that any career progression we had planned for me is cancelled. I do understand him and at least he haven't fired me yet. Hopefully it will be worth it, in the end.

I do understand why DIAC has to make certain the fact are true but latest payslip should be enough, in my view. I'm from Denmark, so low risk and works in public sector.

I hope we all get some good news this week :-)

It's good that you have at least given what they asked for.

Edited by Jaso

Annette

your boss sounds awful and what a horrible thing to say. I believe i am very well respected at my current job and when i told them they were upset that i could be leaving, but also understood. In no way have i been treated different since.

As a Manager myself i understand that people move on, and its generally the best people because they have ambition. If i was unsuccessful with my visa my employer would not and has not treated me any different.

if i talked to my staff that way like they did to you, i would have little or no respect from them.

In my eyes its best moving on, and how immature of them, it just sounds like they were having a tantrum.

You deserve better!

Annette

for my documents of employment i provided a letter from HR confirming postion, time at employer and hours worked. Then i supplied a role and responsibility summary signed by line manager from my current job and job description for previous. Then payslips, p60's and bank statements

i also had vetassess points advisory letter and i was not asked for any extra information, just PCC and meds. Unsure if that means they are happy with everything.

Edited by N7kkp

Annette

your boss sounds awful and what a horrible thing to say. I believe i am very well respected at my current job and when i told them they were upset that i could be leaving, but also understood. In no way have i been treated different since.

As a Manager myself i understand that people move on, and its generally the best people because they have ambition. If i was unsuccessful with my visa my employer would not and has not treated me any different.

if i talked to my staff that way like they did to you, i would have little or no respect from them.

In my eyes its best moving on, and how immature of them, it just sounds like they were having a tantrum.

You deserve better!

N7kkp,

But this is typical behavior which I have seen from our peer colleagues and managers....the common thought is what is there for me? Very rarely managers and HR tend to think from the individual's point of view and try to facilitate things for the benefit for the employee especially when they have got a hint that this person is not going to stay with them. I do not think Indian companies are considerate enough and think from the employees point of view even after the employee has been loyal to them and worked with full dedication. I wish all managers were like you N7kkp who are humane and understand their employees aspirations!!

I just hope someone amongst us shares some good news soon this week!!

Hi JBB

i suppose for the large organisations i have worked for, the HR department have always been fair, which is what i am. At the end of the day it is a job and only a job and i always remind myself, no one is indispensable. The business will continue with or without the best people as long as the structure is setup correctly.

Here is hoping to lovely bosses in OZ that recognise us all.

Does anybody know, how long does it take for the link "Organize medical..." in eVisa cabinet to disappear? As far as I understand, it disappears when DIAC receives an electronic outcome of the passed health check. And one another question - am I correct that an applicant should not upload any medical documents - all of em are sent by panel doctors via their electronic system? Thanks.

Edited by newwave

Hi,

Yeah, its not nice situation. My boss is actually really nice but at the moment stressed out because a lot is retiring next year and he was caunting on us "young ones". He called me today and apologised and said I still has his support and blessings. Stress is just not his friend at the moment...

Thanks for yr support, means a lot

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has the direct CO e-mail for team 33 Brisbane? My letter from CO inly had the 'no.reply' address and although I have emailed that address a week ago, I still havent had an answer and really want to email scanned docs to CO! Very frustrated at having no real available contact details - my CO is KD.

Thanks

WA SS granted 24.10.12, Visa lodged 25.10.12, CO 13.11.12

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has the direct CO e-mail for team 33 Brisbane? My letter from CO inly had the 'no.reply' address and although I have emailed that address a week ago, I still havent had an answer and really want to email scanned docs to CO! Very frustrated at having no real available contact details - my CO is KD.

Thanks

WA SS granted 24.10.12, Visa lodged 25.10.12, CO 13.11.12

that's the email address of team 33 brisbane.gsm.team33@immi.gov.au which I had got when my CO emailed us.

hi,

Does anyone know why SA is reducing the availablity of Telecom Engineer occupation, it dropped to medium availability on 16th November, and today its dropped to low availability. MY SA SS has not even been assessed as its been only 40 days since u lodged the SA SS. I am really worried as my assessement is for Telecommunication Engineer. All hopes are gone.

Guest colinmac

And so the waiting goes on. Emailed Global Health today. Still waiting on the wife's and daughter . Two down and two to go..

Edited by colinmac