October 190 Visa Thread

Guest colinmac

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colinmac

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I've fell asleep waiting. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since two of the families meds were referred. Trying to focus on the holiday period.

Colin

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I've fell asleep waiting. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since two of the families meds were referred. Trying to focus on the holiday period.

Colin

Hopefully they'll get sorted soon mate. Did ours on 28th Nov, still no sign of them on my application profile on DIAC. When they do show up do they just appear in the uploaded docs section under each name with the status?

Kev

Colin

lol yeah wish we can just sleep and wake up to THAT email...My meds were referred too on Nov 11...so like you said, let's just focus on what's left of this year and let's hope for the late xmas :xmas4: early next year at least. Happy Holidays!!:xmas25:

Guest colinmac
Hopefully they'll get sorted soon mate. Did ours on 28th Nov, still no sign of them on my application profile on DIAC. When they do show up do they just appear in the uploaded docs section under each name with the status?

Kev

Evening Kev.

I really don't have a clue how it will work. We are with Team 2 in Adelaide and our CO hasn't even updated a lot of the documents. We had to email some documents she asked for but the health documents for all are still the same even though both myself and eldest daughter have been told by our CO by Email that she is awaiting the wifes and youngest daughter. Infact think i have answered you question . You will probably get an email...... Fingers crossed.

Guest colinmac
Hi all

so i was wondering as my meds are coming up next week, are you informed why your meds are referred? Good luck to those waiting

We haven't been informed of any reason . I have had an email from Global health to say that they had received our meds. The Co said that she was waiting on the MOC to allow her to process our application but that's it

Colin

Hi Colin,

I am also waiting for my medicals to be finalized ....mine got referred and nobody gave me the reason .....I called my health center they told me that out of every 10 they roughly refer 5 ......it will be alrite .....so i am relaxed.. You should focus on holidays :)

Colin

Hi All

Haven't posted for a while so i thought i would give an update. My status at the moment is ... confused! :wacko: lol

My CO has informed us that my husbands meds are waiting on the MOC's decision, we haven't had an email from Global Health (as i've read has happened in other peoples' cases) & our evisa hasn't been updated in anyway, but we're presuming this means the same as 'referred'

Presuming we have been 'referred', we are really confused about the timescale. Having read the post on here about medicals refered, it initially looked like on average 3 month wait, but on having a closer look it seems to come down to various factors such as paper or e-medical, type of visa etc and there are many who have been cleared within a couple of weeks.

So at the moment we are continuing with the obligatory, early morning email check. My CO seems to be very helpful, although I don't like to pester her too much, but i think I will send her a wee email next week to wish her a Merry Christmas and ask her kindly if she has any idea on timescale. :wink: After a very snowy week up here (and more forecast for the end of next week) I would really welcome some good news, it would make it easier to know that sunnier climes are on the horizon!!

Delta

Guest arunsrdr

Hi, I have decided to file my migration visa without agent. Please guide me through if any one is familiar with it. My details are..

Qualification: Master in computer Application (india)

Work Experience 4.5+ years as Database Administrator ( I could see that in Skill list 2)

IELTS: Not Yet given (6 Expected)

When I calculated the points it comes to 60 with state sponsorship (190). Please guide me on which state is good for my occupation.

As far as I know the process is as given below.

1. Skill assessment (Not sure which is better)

2. EOI (online application)

3. State Sponsorship (Not sure which is better)

4. Apply for visa (online application)

Please comment..

Thanks for your time

Regards

Arun

Hi All

Haven't posted for a while so i thought i would give an update. My status at the moment is ... confused! :wacko: lol

My CO has informed us that my husbands meds are waiting on the MOC's decision, we haven't had an email from Global Health (as i've read has happened in other peoples' cases) & our evisa hasn't been updated in anyway, but we're presuming this means the same as 'referred'

Presuming we have been 'referred', we are really confused about the timescale. Having read the post on here about medicals refered, it initially looked like on average 3 month wait, but on having a closer look it seems to come down to various factors such as paper or e-medical, type of visa etc and there are many who have been cleared within a couple of weeks.

So at the moment we are continuing with the obligatory, early morning email check. My CO seems to be very helpful, although I don't like to pester her too much, but i think I will send her a wee email next week to wish her a Merry Christmas and ask her kindly if she has any idea on timescale. :wink: After a very snowy week up here (and more forecast for the end of next week) I would really welcome some good news, it would make it easier to know that sunnier climes are on the horizon!!

Delta

I have sent you a pm :)

hi guys,

Its been a long time since I posted in this forum.

Just an update from my side.

Called DIAC on friday,

told that I have a CO from team 33 brisbane and given their mail id to contact them directly. Immediately I mailed them and got a response from my CO.

But it was a strange situation that I had applied on OCT 21 and dint listen from CO until I mailed them. Seems like those guys are in aholiday mood.

Got a reply from CO that he is having a preliminary assessment on my case and would revert back if he needs any further information.

Initials are AM from team 33 brisbane.

Any fellows with same CO....?

Regards

Hello all,

Well had my medical yesterday at the spire in little Aston and I think it went ok. The hospital were great and made me feel really relaxed so how did it go?

Well had my chest x ray but not seen my results from that, I asked the radiologist if all was ok and they said, sorry cant tell you, the doctor has to look at it and he is not here, although I don't know what to think about that, she appeared relaxed and was talking to someone else and said she was happy with the x ray, meaning the x ray done showed what was needed.

Then I went to see the nurse where I did a basic eye test, then blood pressure, which when taken was slightly high, then my blood was taken for HIV, then I did a urine sample then height and weight taken for my BMI. I was told BMI was slightly over at 28 but nothing to worry about, and urine sample came back ok. The nurse was lovely and said, don't worry about blood pressure we will check later as could see I was nervous.

I then went to see the doctor and he was lovely, he then did a basic checkup, looked into my eyes, ears, checked my breathing and heart, listened to me breathing, pressed on and around my stomach and then tested my movement and then did my blood pressure again which now was ok. He then said I was in good health. So now just need to wait till next Saturday for doctor to sign everything off, HIV blood tests back and x ray and hopefully no referral. The only problem now is the wife doesn't have her medical till January 25th because of work, availability of the medical and us going on holiday. It's weird I was so worried and still am about the medical, I keep thinking what happens if something comes up in the x ray or if I have HIV. weird I know because I don't have any health problems, but still felt worried about my PCC's coming back with something on even though I have not been convicted of anything.

Anyhow just thought I would give you an update as to what is happening.

Quick question, on the evisa where do I click to see if meds are finalised or referred, on the organise your health link? For me when I click on organise health checks it says it has been loaded and when I click on the referral letter part it says I need to arrange a medical for HIV only, not x ray, medical and HIV, but expected as HIV test takes at least 48 hours.

When I click on the wifes it's slightly different as on the first screen it doesn't say anything has been received to process, unlike mine, and says still arrange for x ray, medical and HIV, so don't know whether I should read my panel doctor has assessed x ray and is happy for me?

Hi All,

I got my 190 VISA grant mail today. Am very very happy :)

These were my timelines -

12 - oct -12 -> application lodged

2-Nov -12 -> CO was assigned from team 33 -brisbane

Got my medicals done on 30-Nov-2012

My medicals got referred and just when they were finalized, which was today , I got the VISA grant notification.

Thanks to everyone on this forum!!!

My sincere best wishes!! to all of you who are waiting ......

Hi Arun, I believe you will need to check the various states' websites to check if a state sponsorship is available for your nominated occupation. You would than need to get your skills assessed by the relevant authority. I believe its ACS,Australian Computer Society. http://www.acs.org.au

Hope that helps :)

Hi, I have decided to file my migration visa without agent. Please guide me through if any one is familiar with it. My details are..

Qualification: Master in computer Application (india)

Work Experience 4.5+ years as Database Administrator ( I could see that in Skill list 2)

IELTS: Not Yet given (6 Expected)

When I calculated the points it comes to 60 with state sponsorship (190). Please guide me on which state is good for my occupation.

As far as I know the process is as given below.

1. Skill assessment (Not sure which is better)

2. EOI (online application)

3. State Sponsorship (Not sure which is better)

4. Apply for visa (online application)

Please comment..

Thanks for your time

Regards

Arun

Guest Sandrew

Hi, i'm just wondering, i got my invitation to apply for 190 visa, can i still apply for a state nomination? I do intend to go to WA, and process skill select 190 & get WA sponsonship simultaneously, but it was approved the following day, leaving me no time to apply for state sponship..