Anyone Applied for ANMAC skills assessment recently?

pom4165

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi! has anyone applied for a skills assessment using the new on-line application? I'm a bit unsure as to what the new process is. The website suggests that documents can be submitted electronically, but the application guidance notes are the same as for the previous system which was printing off your form and sending by post. The reason I ask is that I need to get some documents certified and don't want to have to go back again to get my application and photo certified! I've part completed the application form with my personal details but then it asks for payment! so not doing that until I know what I need to be doing!!! I have tried phoning the office but it just rings 3-4 times then cuts off :( I've emailed them but could be up to 10 working days for a reply and I'm keen to get my application lodged especially with the long processing time!

Hi all - I got this yesterday!!:biggrin:

'The file now has gone to our 2nd checker as per ANMAC policy and when that assessment is complete the Letter of Determination will be posted out- this should take approximately a week.'

Does this mean its approx a week from now?? Oooo exciting, but a little nerve wracking!!!

Hi all - I got this yesterday!!:biggrin:

'The file now has gone to our 2nd checker as per ANMAC policy and when that assessment is complete the Letter of Determination will be posted out- this should take approximately a week.'

Does this mean its approx a week from now?? Oooo exciting, but a little nerve wracking!!!

Hi Laura! Congratulations! Do you know the exact date you sent your documents, just to have an idea. Thanks!

Hi 'therooftop'

ANMAC originally received my documentation back on August 13th, but the IELTS I had completed was the General one, so had to do the Academic one (doh!!), and my university transcripts were delayed being sent to me from my university, so they didnt actually receive all my completed documentation until 2nd or 3rd of November xx

We just received the email from our migration agent about LOD issue (got the scan). To summarise we applied 30/08/2012 for full assessment (online application) and paper documents were sent around 05/09/2012. It took at least 3 weeks before all documents were listed as received. 12/11/2012 was the status on ANMAC website changed as Application approved but did not get any email till today.

LOD was issued 12/11/2012 and is valid for two years since this date. Also I have discussed elsewhere if the UK Diploma qualification is assessed as Diploma or Bachelor degree and according to the assessment ANMAC recognised UK Diploma as "being commensurate" with at least an Australian Bachelor degree for the purposes of awarding points for qualification under the General Skilled Migration point test.

Hope it helps

George

Edited by george106

Hi all

i received my letter from ANMAC yesterday they had assessed me as a community health nurse even though I'd marked myself down as generic reg nurse. I am not sure how that will impact on me claiming points for experience as I am just short of 8 years for community health but have more experience with generic reg nurse I'm a little worried in case I submit my EOI wrong with over 8 years of experience!

cx

My latest from Anmac

1.'NMC verification has been received by the expiry date is O ctober 2012- so it is already out of date- could you request they send an up to date verification again please. '. NMC want further £34 for this!

2. 'Graduate certificate obtained from Bede College of Nursing (identified on transcript)- IT IS NOT YOUR ENB CERTIFICATE that you sent' what do they want???

3. I sent a professional reference for current post which Ive been in for 6 year and statement of services covering the 17 years Ive been qualified in order for extra points, however ANMAC state they require professional references covering last 10 year in order to gain extra points

I now cant log onto Anmac site and it wont recognise my email!

Very frustrated, any advice gladly welcomed :confused:

Hi nic1171

Ref your second point, My OH was also asked to supply her Graduate Certificate which she no longer has. Our agent advised her to send a statutory declaration stating that she did not have or never received the certificate. This was verified and sent to ANMAC through the agent and was accepted.

It might be worth checking this out with ANMAC,

Hi All - Just had to share :biggrin: - but just got back from a fabulous weekend in Berlin, visiting the christmas markets and received an email from ANMAC that states Ive got a positive skills assessment!!!! Ecstatic is not the word!!! Good luck to the rest of you and heres to the next step of this long journey :biggrin: xxx

• 2 weeks later...
Do you know if the time starts from the point of online application or when they receive the form. I completed online form on the 27th August but they didn't get the forms till the end of sept.

thanks.

P

Hi are you saying then if it is considered comparable , you can claim 15 pts (sane as bachelors ) for uk nursing diphe diploma ? Thanks

Hi are you saying then if it is considered comparable , you can claim 15 pts (sane as bachelors ) for uk nursing diphe diploma ? Thanks

If you go through this thread I have mentioned there what we received from ANMAC regarding this matter. My wife graduated advanced diploma in the UK and her qualification was assessed as comparable to Bachelor degree in Oz and we had been advised by our migration agent we can claim 15 points for qualification.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest isis1mcc

Wow Laura that was quick!!! Anmac positive assessment in less than a month!! Are you still in the UK or are you applying from Australia? Good luck with the 189. Isis

• 3 months later...

Hi Lindsey,

I applied for modified skill assessment and its almost 8 weeks now.Havnt heard anything yet.Did u get any email before u got ur assessment finalised,means do they snd anything stating that our application is under review or just they send the final email..thks

Hi Lindsey,

I applied for modified skill assessment and its almost 8 weeks now.Havnt heard anything yet.Did u get any email before u got ur assessment finalised,means do they snd anything stating that our application is under review or just they send the final email..thks

hi. I applied for a modified assessment as well. i'm currently in Australia under 457 visa. It's exactly 8 weeks since I submitted my documents/applications an I haven't heard a single word from ANMAC other than the general receipt of documents.

hi. I applied for a modified assessment as well. i'm currently in Australia under 457 visa. It's exactly 8 weeks since I submitted my documents/applications an I haven't heard a single word from ANMAC other than the general receipt of documents.

Hopefully you'll hear any day soon! When the skills assessment was granted, anmac emailed me a copy if my letter of determination and I received the hard copy about a week later. Have they definitely received all of your required documents?

Hopefully you'll hear any day soon! When the skills assessment was granted, anmac emailed me a copy if my letter of determination and I received the hard copy about a week later. Have they definitely received all of your required documents? There is a checklist you can look at online.

Hopefully you'll hear any day soon! When the skills assessment was granted, anmac emailed me a copy if my letter of determination and I received the hard copy about a week later. Have they definitely received all of your required documents?

i'm pretty sure i submitted all the required docs. hopefully i'll get it within May. I will apply for a PR this June.

i'm pretty sure i submitted all the required docs. hopefully i'll get it within May. I will apply for a PR this June.

Hi Nomadgreen,

I applied for modified assessment on 1 mar and havent heard anything so far..Can u please tell me wen did u apply or any progress????And are u in australia at the moment...If u dont mind can u tell me wat visa u r going to apply for pr.Because i m on the way to apply 189 and it wud b of great help if u r also on the same track....

Hi Everyone I got this today from ANMAC

I have currently undertaken an initial review of your application prior to filing in a queue to await my assessment.

At this time it appears that all your documents are in order, so please be patient and when I am ready to undertake further assessment I will be in contact.

You do not need to respond to this email as it is for information only.

ANMAC requests you refrain from contacting us as it becomes time consuming to continue to correspondence with applicants/ agents before an assessment takes place and takes the ANMAC assessor away from progressing new and current assessments.

Our website advises that it can take approximately 12 weeks for an assessment to be reviewed and depending on what modified and full assessments are in the queue and the email correspondence I have to respond to determines if I can undertake the assessment earlier.

hello everyone

im waiting for my IELTS result and will hopefully be able to get on with the ANMAC application. I know I need to arrange a NMC verification and will need a nursing transcript to be sent from my uni (very frustrating that ANMAC will forward it onto AHPRA but not visa versa!!). I also have a professional reference ready to send

Can anyone shed light on what other documents ANMAC require of you? And how do you send them, post or scanning?