Anyone Applied for ANMAC skills assessment recently?

pom4165

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hope u hear very soon!! I will be doing my application soon if I have done ok with the Ielts , (awaiting my results)

Dread the waiting with ANMAC!!!

Is it an online application or paper ?

You complete it online, print off and sign it in front of a notary x

No CPD but you need NMC verification and transcript from training too. I had to provide evidence of transcripts for degree as I was claiming points

Great, I'm pleased I don't need all my CPD cert certifying again! Is the ANMAC application easier to complete than Ahpra? I found AHPRA a right pain.

well i emailed ANMAC earlier this week. i didn't directly ask them about the status of my application since i know they don't want that. what i did is ask about a certain document and if it's gonna affect my application. well, it appears that based on their reply, they still have not touched my application. very frustrating. grrr

Hi nomadgreen,

i rang anmac today and asked them how long they will take more as its already 12 week....the lady at reception advised me probably it could take 2 to three weeks....she told me that the assessors have already reached the application submitted on 28 & 29 feb and hope it would be our turn next...fingers crossed...

but they received my application the 25th of February, so they should be processing my application now.

Hi nomadgreen,

i rang anmac today and asked them how long they will take more as its already 12 week....the lady at reception advised me probably it could take 2 to three weeks....she told me that the assessors have already reached the application submitted on 28 & 29 feb and hope it would be our turn next...fingers crossed...

The wait is killing me! My skills assessment with ANMAC was lodged 15 th February. I still have not had anything through. I had an e mail about 2 weeks ago saying that one of references couldn't be accepted and could I send another. Sent that off last Friday so waiting again. Has this ever happened to people before. It's now being about 14 weeks.x

The wait is killing me! My skills assessment with ANMAC was lodged 15 th February. I still have not had anything through. I had an e mail about 2 weeks ago saying that one of references couldn't be accepted and could I send another. Sent that off last Friday so waiting again. Has this ever happened to people before. It's now being about 14 weeks.x[/quote

​was it modified or full assessment?????

Did u apply modified or full assessment?

Hi Fatah, I applied for full assessment I think. I am using an agent. How are you getting on? They don't make the process easy. But I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. I'm still in UK at the moment. Good luck to everyone who is currently going through their skills assessments! Xxxx

Hi Fatah, I applied for full assessment I think. I am using an agent. How are you getting on? They don't make the process easy. But I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. I'm still in UK at the moment. Good luck to everyone who is currently going through their skills assessments! Xxxx

I applied for modified and by my own without the help of an agent....Its 12th week and nothing heard from ANMAC...wanna kill themm......

Dear Nurses,

I have a query regarding the skill assessment....Do ANMAC start the processing time of 12 weeks or more, from the date we submit the online application form and pay them(ANMAC) ...Or they count it from they day they(ANMAC) recieve our docu,ments sent by post to their office in Canberra.

Dear Nurses,

I have a query regarding the skill assessment....Do ANMAC start the processing time of 12 weeks or more, from the date we submit the online application form and pay them(ANMAC) ...Or they count it from they day they(ANMAC) recieve our docu,ments sent by post to their office in Canberra.

i think they process it based on the day your documents reached their office. i just wish they have a system in place where they separate the ones applying for a modified assessment, coz after all, it's basically just a formality. I'm on my 13TH week of waiting.

Im on my 6th week of waiting on modified assessment, its tough waiting..no updates..tired of waiting and checking my emails every morning as the time difference, felt hopeless now as I cant submit my EOI before my birthday and thus losing points on the age factor..

finally got a progress on my application after numerous emails I sent them this past week. I was contacted earlier because they need my graduation certificate, which I included in my application. But they were looking for a bridging program certificate, which I don't have since I didn't undergo a bridging program. I spoke with this lady and I was told to just email her explaining the situation.

I have an Indian co-worker that told me she's got a friend, working as a nurse here in Australia on a 457 visa, has 8 years work experience in Ireland, but was denied a 189 visa because she completed a "nursing diploma". I don't know what she's got in her ANMAC LOD, but isn't it an almost certainty that if you have an AHPRA registration, your education is equivalent to that of an Australian Bachelor's? After all, a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) is required by AHPRA? It just makes no sense.

to those who already have the ANMAC LOD, does it say whether your qualification is equivalent to Australian Bachelor's, diploma, etc? or just a simple "suitable for migration"?

Hi According to my immigration agent it is tougher with a diploma rather than BSc...? I'm similar to yourself and have my BSc.

I too am frustrated with waiting, although I understand if its just two guys with that level of workload to sift through..:wub:

I sent all of my docs off to ANMAC on March 16th and was told four weeks later that they had begun the assessment process as they had received everything they needed...The NMC took the longest to send over my verification certification!

So its wait, wait and wait a little more!

On a brighter note my pal received her letter of confirmation from ANMAC and submitted her EOI within a month, was invited to apply for visa within three days and was granted her 189 visa after medicals and police clearance after only 6 weeks. (I wish!)

My immigration agent has been brill at reassuring me and has repeatedly mentioned that the skills assessment is the longest part often if everything else is smooth?!

I am a hospital nurse looking to go to Ipswich QLD and have heard more positive things of late in terms of recruitment and nursing posts...so chin up and patient I will try to be eeeekkkk! x:smile: