Anyone Applied for ANMAC skills assessment recently?

pom4165

so sorry, i'm going to have a rant!

I just wish that people would get a wriggle on! I applied for ANMAC in jan and sent off my payment, and then went about collecting my documentation. Everything that was in my control was done in the space of an afternoon!

I requested a professional reference from my manager in january, and despite asking many times, I've only just had it from her last week!

I sent off a form to the university at the beginning of february requesting my transcripts, again despite many phone-calls and promises by this woman that it will be sent out by "next week", I'm still waiting!!! (note the anoyance by using the bold italic!!)

any suggestions on how i can get her to shift things along without being too confrontational (I have a feeling that if i was to stir things up shed dig her heels in a bit more!!)

sorry, it feels good to share though!

Mir xx

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so sorry, i'm going to have a rant!

I just wish that people would get a wriggle on! I applied for ANMAC in jan and sent off my payment, and then went about collecting my documentation. Everything that was in my control was done in the space of an afternoon!

I sent off a form to the university at the beginning of february requesting my transcripts, again despite many phone-calls and promises by this woman that it will be sent out by "next week", I'm still waiting!!! (note the anoyance by using the bold italic!!)

any suggestions on how i can get her to shift things along without being too confrontational (I have a feeling that if i was to stir things up shed dig her heels in a bit more!!)

sorry, it feels good to share though!

Mir xx

I requested a professional reference from my manager in january, and despite asking many times, I've only just had it from her last week!

You rant away if i had waited that long i would have blown lol. I waited over 4 weeks for my reference and was annoyed with that, how she made you wait that long is beyond me. As for uni well......thats just as bad, cant you speak to someone more senior, surely she has a boss, also write to student support services get the, to look into it also. Pressure from all angles should give her a push in the right direction. Mine is taking 2 weeks, and she even rang me day after she recieved it and emailed with an update. She can not dig her heels in if shes not doing her job properly and i guess her employers are not aware. At the end of the day you are paying for a service, they are earning money from you?.................good luck xx

Cheers tinaisrar,

sent her an asertive email this afternoon, and she replied staright back ( funny as she wasnt answering her phone!!!), will be sorted by friday, so well see!!

Hate having to rely on others to do their job! My manager was reluctant to write the reference incase she wrote the wrong things and messed things up for me, only when i discussed it with asociate chief that things started moving!

Sorry all rant today, im happier now ive shared it!

We seem to be at the same stage.....heres to a swift ANMAC assessment, best wishes,

Mir xx

Anmac emailed me today said that they are processing applications received mid february..im just confused cz Nomadgreen just got his LOD and basing from his timeline I think he applied february..well thats the update guys.

Anmac emailed me today said that they are processing applications received mid february..im just confused cz Nomadgreen just got his LOD and basing from his timeline I think he applied february..well thats the update guys.

Same is the case here.i got the same email today..its already 14th week .....and i dont understand how long they would take for my modified skill assessment....really very upset...

Hi Friends,

i just got an email from Anmac saying that- International Section would like to recall the message, "ANMAC Skills Assessment Processing Times".

confused what does that mean because its already 14 th week and instead of sending the email with approved assessment they send these kinds of emails...

Received also today..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that earlier today, Wednesday 12 June 2013, ANMAC had to recall an email that was originally sent to a number of applicants and migration agents on Friday 31 May 2013, regarding an update on processing times for migration skills assessments. The email was recalled due to concerns about applicant privacy and therefore the email should be deleted. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have created.

In the meantime, I can confirm that our office has been inundated with skills assessment applications. This increase is being managed internally with the appointment of extra staff to help reduce assessment times. The ANMAC international assessment team has effectively doubled in the past few months in an effort to reduce assessment these times. Please understand that calling or emailing our office to enquire about the progress of your skills assessment will only create further delays to obtaining your letter of determination from ANMAC. Applicants (and nominated agents where appointed) are encouraged to ensure that all documentation submitted to the ANMAC office meets our assessment requirements, as this has been a major source of increasing turnaround times. If you are an onshore applicant and have any concerns about your current visa expiring please contact the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) directly to discuss your visa options http://www.immi.gov.au.

Kind Regards

ANMAC International Section

E international@anmac.org.au

Postal Address:

GPO Box 400

Canberra City ACT 2601

AUSTRALIA

http://www.anmac.org.au

The information contained in this email message and any attached file may be confidential or protected by copyright and may be the subject of legal professional privilege. Any form of review, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of the information in this email, other than by the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments. The Australian Nursing & Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) operates in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998 and is committed to handling any information in a strictly confidential manner - thank you.

Hey..great news i got my emailed letter of determination this morning! paper letter expected ib a couple of weeks....my application aas lodged 20th March so just 12weeks!! Hope you all recieve yours soon!! Expression of interest soon to be lodged with the help of my migration agent...im getting a little bit excited now! :-)

sorry for asking i am a nurse still in uk...not sure which visa to go for, but would think permanent so will need anmac...have date for ielts(need the points due to my age) what i was wondering if i apply to aphra first and get my reg can i then apply to anmac for modified assessment or do i have to be working already in australia to do so..

also cant move until sep 2014 (daughter doing gcse june2014) so was also wondering if i get aphra reg while in uk does it start when i confirm in australia as on web site it states that australian reg runs from june each year..so dont want to obtain that too early if it would run out before i even leave uk.

thanks for help in advance:confused:

Hiya have you thought about dropping them an email? x

Ya,i emailed them last week and got a reply saying that its under processing.i rang them today and got same response..Really dont know what should I do.?visa time running out .....increase in visa fees from july 1?...

sorry for asking i am a nurse still in uk...not sure which visa to go for, but would think permanent so will need anmac...have date for ielts(need the points due to my age) what i was wondering if i apply to aphra first and get my reg can i then apply to anmac for modified assessment or do i have to be working already in australia to do so..

also cant move until sep 2014 (daughter doing gcse june2014) so was also wondering if i get aphra reg while in uk does it start when i confirm in australia as on web site it states that australian reg runs from june each year..so dont want to obtain that too early if it would run out before i even leave uk.

thanks for help in advance:confused:

Have you booked the academic IELTS test. It is needed for ANMAC. You can do the general test for points but it has to be the academic for your assessment. Have to have 7's in all categories.

Debs

Hi Fateh,

Id give it another few days to be honest the variation in times of receiving LOD is broad, I'm in the same position as you re Visa fee's, the next round of Visa Invitations is poss 1st of July and as Ive only just sent of my EOI we wont make it before the increase in fees?!! :confused: I don't really think we can do anything about that though so prob best just to accept the increase...are you still in UK cos at least the pound is doing better against the AUS dollar so fees wont cost so much in exchange of pounds??

I really do feel for you though the waiting has nearly killed me off already...hope you hear really soon x

Have you booked the academic IELTS test. It is needed for ANMAC. You can do the general test for points but it has to be the academic for your assessment. Have to have 7's in all categories.

Debs

yeah booked academic one...:( time to start studying my native language lol

Guest Dermo1

I did academic test but needed 8 in each section, got 9/8/7/9 so had to sit general a further x2 times! Eventually got 8.5/9/8.5/9. I'm 43 and needed enough points also to get in. I went through a migration agent who applied to ANMAC. I needed the skilled assessment 1st to get permanent residency (subclass 189) and then I applied to AHPRA. My advice is get a notary to sign all your documents 1st as I used a solicitor 1st time round and AHPRA then needed a notary to sign the lot.

thank you all for advice :)

plan... ielts(august)...anmac...eoi...aphra

especially as once certified anmac will forward to aphra but not other way round.

so working on professional development and need to hassle ward manager for references lol

awaiting uni transcript but at least have it ordered and got nmc form so am little bit forward in plan for perth:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Fateh,

Id give it another few days to be honest the variation in times of receiving LOD is broad, I'm in the same position as you re Visa fee's, the next round of Visa Invitations is poss 1st of July and as Ive only just sent of my EOI we wont make it before the increase in fees?!! :confused: I don't really think we can do anything about that though so prob best just to accept the increase...are you still in UK cos at least the pound is doing better against the AUS dollar so fees wont cost so much in exchange of pounds??

I really do feel for you though the waiting has nearly killed me off already...hope you hear really soon x

Hi samdom,

i got my skill ass on 24 jun in mail and lodgeg the EOI on same day with 60 pts,without the help of any agent..did u lodge with 60 points or more and any good news so far??

Archived