Anyone Applied for ANMAC skills assessment recently?

pom4165

Personally, I think ANMAC is a waste of time and money if you have AHPRA registration. ANMAC basically tells DIAC that the applicant's credential is equivalent to that of Australian nursing standards. So really, they're "questioning" those with AHPRA registration whether they're qualified or not, which in turn "questions" AHPRA's judgement. If they're waiving ANMAC for those with a job sponsor and 2 years Australian work experience, why not waive it for someone applying for an independent skilled visa with claims of Australian experience?

I'm registered with AHPRA and been working here in Australia for almost a year. I applied for ANMAC skills assessment last 25th of February and I'M STILL WAITING FOR THE LOD! And it's a MODIFIED ASSESSMENT!!!!!

That's really frustrating, hope it comes through soon for u!!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're lucky. i applied earlier than you and i'm still waiting. what a wait.

Hi

I sent my modified skills assessment paperwork to ANMAC on the 7th March and got an email today to say my letter of determination is in the post. Good luck everyone! :biggrin:

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh #frustrated, I applied to AHPRA on 12 th February and they contacted me on 3rd April to say they had not received my NMC verification status or completion certificate of my nursing from 20 yrs ago. I have now been emailing questions and have only a reply to again say they have not had my NMC verification status and completion certificate and they have not answered any of my questions.

Does anyone know if I can chase up a recorded delivery re the NMC status and what are they looking for in a completion certificate?

The NMC have said they will email AHPRA with my NMC verification status but the guy has never replied back been to that.

Starting to get so frustrated

Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh #frustrated, I applied to AHPRA on 12 th February and they contacted me on 3rd April to say they had not received my NMC verification status or completion certificate of my nursing from 20 yrs ago. I have now been emailing questions and have only a reply to again say they have not had my NMC verification status and completion certificate and they have not answered any of my questions.

Does anyone know if I can chase up a recorded delivery re the NMC status and what are they looking for in a completion certificate?

The NMC have said they will email AHPRA with my NMC verification status but the guy has never replied back been to that.

Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

Anmac insisted I had a graduation certificate which I didnt, I only had my ENB cert I got when qualified (1994), they then insisted I must have lost it! wtf! So I had to sign a stat dec stating I didnt have a certificate and that was accepted!

Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

AHPRA Also said they had not received mine but then said it had been misplaced , they found it 3days later.. I have read though by other posts that they do accept an email from the NMC if it has been lost in the post..

It is frustrating when all the communication is just through email.. Good luck!

this is really frustrating. 10 weeks wait for a MODIFIED ASSESSMENT.

when is the best time to email ANMAC and ask them about what's going on? I know they don't like being asked, but what the heck, I'm entitled to know.

I emailed them several times and initially got a computerised response then within 24 hours I got a response from a guy called Jason who works in the international section. You've waiting longer than me so get emailing! Good luck :wink:

I emailed them several times and initially got a computerised response then within 24 hours I got a response from a guy called Jason who works in the international section. You've waiting longer than me so get emailing! Good luck :wink:

I was really being patient about this but it's taking longer than what it should be. I just emailed them and got the automated reply. Hopefully they get back to me within 24 hours. Otherwise, I'd keep emailing them I guess.

I was really being patient about this but it's taking longer than what it should be. I just emailed them and got the automated reply. Hopefully they get back to me within 24 hours. Otherwise, I'd keep emailing them I guess.

Hi noma,

same is the case here.its my 11 week i applied for modified assessment..wen i called Anmac last wee,a lady at reception advised me that it could take 14 weeks...really vry frustrating...

pls try to update wen u get Lod ...,good luck ...

this is really frustrating. 10 weeks wait for a MODIFIED ASSESSMENT.

when is the best time to email ANMAC and ask them about what's going on? I know they don't like being asked, but what the heck, I'm entitled to know.

Do you know who is dealing with your application? I used to email on an evening UK time so it was in their inbox first thing and I usually got a reply when I got up the following morning. I think I did have one snotty email saying not to email but hey your paying them for a service it aint free!

This is what they initially replied in Nov '

Please understand that our processing times are 14 weeks behind schedule due to a high volume or phone call and emails.

Please refrain from contacting us directly, we will contact you when we reach your application.

Your patience is much appreciated.'

No, it's silly really, it would help stop as many people emailing and ringing! I sometimes think chasing it up when's its a while since you sent it gives them a push!! I don't think I would have had my AHPRA through yet if I hadn't been a little bit pushy! :-/

Too right! I'll be ringing weekly once its received they'll want rid of me!

Guest Dermo1

Can anyone help me regarding the application to AHPRA. I have applied for permanent residency so already received my 'letter of determination' from ANMAC. They have already had certified copies of certs, employer refs, NMC documentation etc, does this help towards my registration in Australia or will I need to certify all certs again/NMC docs etc and go through whole process again?

Guest Dermo1

Can anyone help me regarding the application to AHPRA. I have applied for permanent residency so already received my 'letter of determination' from ANMAC. They have already had certified copies of certs, employer refs, NMC documentation etc, does this help towards my registration in Australia or will I need to certify all certs again/NMC docs etc and go through whole process again? I want to start work in NSW November!

Edited by Dermo1

Can anyone help me regarding the application to AHPRA. I have applied for permanent residency so already received my 'letter of determination' from ANMAC. They have already had certified copies of certs, employer refs, NMC documentation etc, does this help towards my registration in Australia or will I need to certify all certs again/NMC docs etc and go through whole process again?
i jave read on there site that you can request the anmac to forward your documents to Aphra, i believe you have to give them some notice to do this and they dont charge. Aphra however do not forward to Anmac!

​Hope that helps x

well i emailed ANMAC earlier this week. i didn't directly ask them about the status of my application since i know they don't want that. what i did is ask about a certain document and if it's gonna affect my application. well, it appears that based on their reply, they still have not touched my application. very frustrating. grrr

well i emailed ANMAC earlier this week. i didn't directly ask them about the status of my application since i know they don't want that. what i did is ask about a certain document and if it's gonna affect my application. well, it appears that based on their reply, they still have not touched my application. very frustrating. grrr

I bet your getting really fed up waiting now!

Does ANMAC have a few offices like AHPRA ? Or is there just one main office?