All the good things about living in Perth

funkft

Guest Tamjb

Hello. We have WA state sponsorship & went over in may to validate our visas. Perth city is lovely (& I don't do cities), everywhere we went was clean, the transport system is brill, cheap to use & clean, (there are trains that travel in the middle of the freeway, much quicker than travelling by car). However, to actually live in any of the suburbs we felt we would be bored. Everywhere we went, & we travelled around alot to make the most of time we were there, most places seemed bland. One suburb is very much the same as the next. Therefore we aren't in any rush to go right now, we may decide to but have 4 more years now to decide. Good luck, hope you get your visa & Perth may be more suitable for you.

Guest Andy
Does don't it, wonder why people leave th place.

The op was after information about the good things in Perth and wanted a feel good thread, they need you on here like they need a hole in the head.

The op was after information about the good things in Perth and wanted a feel good thread, they need you on here like they need a hole in the head.

Just said the prawn ar good nd why I don understand why people leave such a nice place...what's wrong with that.

Just said the prawn ar good nd why I don understand why people leave such a nice place...what's wrong with that.

So you moan about about Perth all the time and you moan about UK and no jobs. Are you ever happy about anything or do you just constantly come on here to moan?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The unemployment rate is incredibly low at just 3.8%

Thats right ...... just 3.8% ...... incredible and ....... you have just got to love that, lol.

So you moan about about Perth all the time and you moan about UK and no jobs. Are you ever happy about anything or do you just constantly come on here to moan?

I liked Perth never said different, but it was just not for me....sorry.

the prawns are the est I gave eve tasted.

Guest trasi

we loved perth.... lovely people, gr8 beaches, beautiful weather.... just fab

i hope you enjoy

xx

Heaps of things to do with the kids. Can't go anywhere without finding great playgrounds. Lots of free activities during the summer and school holidays. Outdoor cinemas. Bike/ walking trails. 22 deg days in the middle of winter. Kings Park Whitemans Park, Yanchep State Park.

Great beaches,

great climate,

Having good enough weather to be able to make plans for trips out,

Parks with free barbeques and play areas for kids all over the place, which aren't vandalised,

The feeling that the majority of people who live here are proud of the place and want to keep it clean and unspoiled,

Not being too crowded so even on really nice days you can still go out and not have to cope with too many people everywhere,

Just about every sport you can think of is available and a lot of it free,

Bike tracks, running tracks, swan valley, wineries,

Clean City (and I don't really like cities),

Every weekend (in fact every day) there is heaps to do when not at work.

Being able to exercise before work in the summer when the early mornings are perfect,

The suburb we live in, near a great beach, not too far out of the City but far enough to not be busy.

A great circle of friends we can enjoy it with,

The way the kids have turned out and a feeling that the one at school will be able to get a job when he leaves and the one already in a job has a lot of different opportunities and the chance to earn some big money if he applies himself.

We love it.

Great beaches,

great climate,

Having good enough weather to be able to make plans for trips out,

Parks with free barbeques and play areas for kids all over the place, which aren't vandalised,

The feeling that the majority of people who live here are proud of the place and want to keep it clean and unspoiled,

Not being too crowded so even on really nice days you can still go out and not have to cope with too many people everywhere,

Just about every sport you can think of is available and a lot of it free,

Bike tracks, running tracks, swan valley, wineries,

Clean City (and I don't really like cities),

Every weekend (in fact every day) there is heaps to do when not at work.

Being able to exercise before work in the summer when the early mornings are perfect,

The suburb we live in, near a great beach, not too far out of the City but far enough to not be busy.

A great circle of friends we can enjoy it with,

The way the kids have turned out and a feeling that the one at school will be able to get a job when he leaves and the one already in a job has a lot of different opportunities and the chance to earn some big money if he applies himself.

We love it.

I agree with all of that too.

lovely, keep em coming guys, i remember the swan river, the black swans, freo, the city, perth zoo, just down the road from the margaret river....... large shopping malls, how clean everything is, the great train service, the great people. I cant wait to get back to perth

Ok we don't "love" Perth, but it's a nice place to be for us at the moment!

Just got back from a weekend in Dwellingup - 103km south of Perth, was a gorgeous weekend walking in Lane Poole Reserve, getting back to nature and staying somewhere with a log fire, kangaroos hopping around outside, tame enough to come up to you for a pet and a stroke.

We like off-roading, so many places to see off the beaten track outside of Perth! Mundering Power Lines track, Lancelin, Ledge Point, Wedge Island, Cervantes.

Jurien Bay to swim with the sea-lions - EPIC, everyone should do this!

Adventure World, Penguin Island, Perth Zoo, Rottnest Island, Margaret River, Augusta Whale Watching (doing this next weekend!), Fremantle Prison, Little Creatures, Natural History Museum, Northbridge, Yanchep Lagoon, Whitman Park, Caversham Wildlife Park.

Yes the climate is nice - pretty chilly today though don't you think?! Roll on Summer!

Well we were originally going for State Sponsership to Queensland but could not get SS so went for went for SS to WA. We have just fulfilled the two year criteria and could now basically move anywhere we wanted to, but we are staying right here where we love it. Glorious glorious beaches and the weather is absolutly amazing. The public transport is fab and the food amazing. The standard of living is way above anything we could of experienced in the UK. The people here have welcomed us with open arms and the OH's workplace all Aussies ) has treated my OH fantastically. We just love it here.:cool:

Archived