Occupation ceiling announced

walkwater

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

walkwater from where did u obtain the data that 14263 visas were given to accountants ??

I was browsing through the statistical reports on Australian immigration few days back. I am not able to upload the entire file, however below is the screen shot of the page where there are comparing the visas granted to various occupation groups during the previous 5 years:

Migration program report -2010-11.jpg

Migration program report -2010-11.jpg

Edited by walkwater

Guest melanie79

You clearly know more about it then me, I last looked at the process prior to it coming in and decided to lodge 175 instead of submitting an EOI. Glad I did now as on another thread 175 are only taking between 3-4 months to grant. Fingers crossed:biggrin:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------hi!im in the same boat as you now-lodged my 175 app on thursday! woohoo! im glad i got my pos skills assessment back just in the nick of time from anmac & didnt have to do eoi! let me know when you have a co!!!!!!!!3-4 months for grant?! wow!!! is that happening just for nurses or is it any occupation? also did i see you did your medicals-was that frontloading?! mel. Edited by melanie79
MISSED A BIT!

There are quite a number of occupations that are flagged for inclusion in the 2012 SOL.

http://www.skillsaustralia.gov.au/labour-market-information/skilled-occupation-list/flagged-occupations/flagged-occupations.html

Interesting thing is that, quite a few of them like Motor Mechanics, Plasterers, Carpenters etc have fairly decent occupation ceilings. Wonder how SkillsAustralia came to the conclusion that they should be flagged while the ceilings indicate otherwise. In any case, I am glad that they are contradicting and didn't drop out of the SOL.

360 for optometrists, but given the maximum number of places for a skills assessment (mandatory and no other qualification bypasses it) in Australia is 52 per year with a pass rate below 50% I feel that somehow this figure is not going to be reached anyway......

360 for optometrists, but given the maximum number of places for a skills assessment (mandatory and no other qualification bypasses it) in Australia is 52 per year with a pass rate below 50% I feel that somehow this figure is not going to be reached anyway......

Yes, again, I wonder if these numbers will be including employer sponsored visas (which don't always need skills assessments).

Very puzzling indeed - Accountants have been flagged yet the ceiling this year is 10440 and carpenters also flagged but a ceiling of 7140.

Strange indeed!

:goofy:

There are quite a number of occupations that are flagged for inclusion in the 2012 SOL.

http://www.skillsaustralia.gov.au/labour-market-information/skilled-occupation-list/flagged-occupations/flagged-occupations.html

Interesting thing is that, quite a few of them like Motor Mechanics, Plasterers, Carpenters etc have fairly decent occupation ceilings. Wonder how SkillsAustralia came to the conclusion that they should be flagged while the ceilings indicate otherwise. In any case, I am glad that they are contradicting and didn't drop out of the SOL.

Yes, again, I wonder if these numbers will be including employer sponsored visas (which don't always need skills assessments).
You may not require a skills assessment for the visa, but you do to work in OZ as without it you can't register, therefore even 457 have to have skills assessment, but I imagine this is fairly unique to medical and allied healthcare professions.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------hi!im in the same boat as you now-lodged my 175 app on thursday! woohoo! im glad i got my pos skills assessment back just in the nick of time from anmac & didnt have to do eoi! let me know when you have a co!!!!!!!!3-4 months for grant?! wow!!! is that happening just for nurses or is it any occupation? also did i see you did your medicals-was that frontloading?! mel.

Hi Mel!

Come over and join us in the following thread;

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/150037-175-lodged-april-2012-a.html

POI members are using to post when they are being allocated COs.

It showed on our message page that medicals were needed which is what I think happens automatically when you apply? So we booked in and the company told us that they frequently get people doing the same without problem. They just ask DIAC to allow them to upload the medicals, which they do, so they are now on the system waiting for a CO to look at them and will hopefully speed things up when we do get allocated one.

Where are you planning on moving to?

You may not require a skills assessment for the visa, but you do to work in OZ as without it you can't register, therefore even 457 have to have skills assessment, but I imagine this is fairly unique to medical and allied healthcare professions.....

Yes, I was more meaning in general, but good point for medical profession.

One thing I can't understand is that there are over 5000 for plumbers( Im one) but only 1500 for air con engineers.

youd think with no heating and a lot of air con it wold be the other way around

Ian

Yeah but you need to drinks lots more water so therefore more plumbers !

Yeah but you need to drinks lots more water so therefore more plumbers !

I can't imagine an Australian house has that much plumbing compared to a uk one , no heating or underfloor .

thermal solar doesn't seem to be over used , you think it would be regarding the climate

Keep drinking and washing though, got to keep me in work when I get across!!!!!

Ian

Did anyone sum the ceiling?

Planned VISA level for 2012-13 is 190k, of which 129k is Skilled stream, if u exclude ENS & RSMS (47k of 190k) and Business Skill (7.4k of 190k), then the number drops further to 75k (approx) for PG3 & 4 Skilled stream for which the Ceiling should apply.

Now my question is how come the Sum of about 214 occupation Ceiling is 364k ?! almost 4.85 times of PG 3 & 4 available places for this year

Did I miss anything

Did anyone sum the ceiling?

Planned VISA level for 2012-13 is 190k, of which 129k is Skilled stream, if u exclude ENS & RSMS (47k of 190k) and Business Skill (7.4k of 190k), then the number drops further to 75k (approx) for PG3 & 4 Skilled stream for which the Ceiling should apply.

Now my question is how come the Sum of about 214 occupation Ceiling is 364k ?! almost 4.85 times of PG 3 & 4 available places for this year

Did I miss anything

Did you count the repetitions on that list, it seems to get to Drillers, Miners and Shot Firers and the starts over again with Chief Executives and Managing Directors.

Did you count the repetitions on that list, it seems to get to Drillers, Miners and Shot Firers and the starts over again with Chief Executives and Managing Directors.

I excluded all duplicates, not sure why they repeated (SOL 1 & 2 ?)

Including those, total ceiling is above 500k :chatterbox:

Hi Lorraine,

Thanks for that. What is the SkillSelect list then? There seems to be a wide range of occupations on there, clerical/admin assistant for instance. I am asking because I could then claim 5 points partner points which would bump our points up. I appreciate that I would need to sit IELTS and go through Vetasses, but it cannot be any worse than what we have gone through already!!!

Lorraine x

Yes sounds like a plan very expensive though but def worth a shot.