Occupation ceiling announced

walkwater

Guest Rajat2402
Hi Rajat

You're not asking too many questions don't worry. What do you mean by scores? I didn't get a score from ICAA just a confirmation my qualification was suitable. Or do you mean your visa points?

If you select in your EOI that you are happy for employers to look at it then you could get an offer. I'm not holding out any hope for this with such a low occupation ceiling. They can't need us that bad.

Kim

Thanks Kim. Will keep you posted once I am done with my Ilets. Lets clear the first hurdle.. :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rajat2402

Hi Rohit,

I am from Delhi. Looking to immigrate to Australia with my wife. Kim has been helping me in explaining lots of things. But the quota of 960 for Auditors/CS/Corporate Tresurer seems really low. I am concerned that by the time I will get my Skill Assessment result, it might get over. Which will be sometime in Oct, hopefully. I am looking to go for 189 as I have no prference of location. What do you suggest?

Hi Rohit,

I am from Delhi. Looking to immigrate to Australia with my wife. Kim has been helping me in explaining lots of things. But the quota of 960 for Auditors/CS/Corporate Tresurer seems really low. I am concerned that by the time I will get my Skill Assessment result, it might get over. Which will be sometime in Oct, hopefully. I am looking to go for 189 as I have no prference of location. What do you suggest?

Hi Rajat,

Also keep in mind that if you apply to CPA for skills assessment for the occupation of Accountant, then you may have to sit for a paper on "Accounting Theory".

Guest Levimouse

That's good advice Rohit. I'm not claiming work experience points so it doesn't matter which one I apply under but Rajat with 8 yrs experience I guess you may be.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rajat2402
That's good advice Rohit. I'm not claiming work experience points so it doesn't matter which one I apply under but Rajat with 8 yrs experience I guess you may be.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for being away for so long. Ws on a tour and was very busy.

I appeared for my Ilets on the 25th and waiting for the result. Hopefully i wil get a 7.

So whats ur current status?

Rohit,I will file under external auditor and I contacted Australian CPA and they have confirmed that I will have to take an exam called EBA (Ethical Business Practices).

Will let u knw my result soon. tc.

Guest Levimouse

Hi Rajat

Like Rohit I'm waiting for my SS from WA. I'll be waiting a lot longer though as only applied on 21st Aug under accountant, as auditor went off list. Am hoping to get invited through my 189 though but don't fancy my chances.

Kim

780 for arcraft engineers! and 840 for geologists, though my wifes job doesnt count! thats a bit strange, only want 840 geos, but get extra through the back door!

why does any country need 14000 accountants! all they do is ruin companies!!!

How dare you! Some of my best friends are accountants, axe murderers, lawyers, bank managers.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am just wondering why the occupation 132411 Policy and Planning Manager is removed from the Occupation list of Western Australia and ACT. It is written on the skillselect page that the ceiling for Policy and Planning Manager is 1740 of which only 1 invitation was issued till 31/12/2012 that means there are still many places left for this occupation. But unfortunately the occupation is removed from the list of WA and ACT. I do not understand this discrepancy. Does anybody have any explanation for this?