Occupation ceiling announced

walkwater

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reply received from DIAC.

The information re the occupation ceilings is to be amended; the CSOL is correct.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

firstly thanks for checking this info from DIAC, it's a shame office manager is off the list as this was my route in?

anyway I decided to check the skill select site, and registered myself, then on completing most of the information, i came across the job description and 'office manager' is on this list to choose and submit the EOI, is this correct, is it definately off the list?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

also, i work for my dad and have done for 10 years, so I am right in saying I can pretty much choose a job on the CSOL list as long as it's close, such as project administrator as you mentioned above?

again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

Guest Levimouse
Occupational ceilings has now been put up on skill select.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

I see that for the Accountants, the quota is capped at 10,440 for 2012-13, while 14,623 visas were granted to Accountants in 2011-12 under skilled category.

Seems like there will be some competition for Accountants to get the visa this year.

I was surprised that auditors only have 960! Seems ridiculous with 10k for accountants. I've just sent off for ICAA skill assessment under external auditor but maybe I should have picked accountant.

Are there any other external auditors out there putting in EOI's?

I was surprised that auditors only have 960! Seems ridiculous with 10k for accountants. I've just sent off for ICAA skill assessment under external auditor but maybe I should have picked accountant.

The number does seem pretty low for auditors. I initially had got the skills assessed for external auditor, then later got it changed to accountant.

Hi Alan,

firstly thanks for checking this info from DIAC, it's a shame office manager is off the list as this was my route in?

anyway I decided to check the skill select site, and registered myself, then on completing most of the information, i came across the job description and 'office manager' is on this list to choose and submit the EOI, is this correct, is it definately off the list?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

also, i work for my dad and have done for 10 years, so I am right in saying I can pretty much choose a job on the CSOL list as long as it's close, such as project administrator as you mentioned above?

again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, i have called DIAC this morning to reconfirm that the CSOL is correct given that they have allocated 9600 places for office manager on the report. I have also checked with them that office manager is on the EOI. The answer to this, is the information on CSOL list is accurate, report and EOI are discrepancies which they will be addressing soon. For those who have submitted on the EOI for office manager will be considered invalid application.

What a great disappointment, i was still hoping that the CSOL list is wrong ... Confirmed Office Manager is off list and will have to wait till next financial year ie Jul 2013 for the review of the list.

• 1 month later...
Guest Rajat2402

Hello,

I am planning to apply for Skill Assessment under External Auditor category. My Ilets is scheduled for August 25th, 2012. While going through your post I am a bit concerned that by the time I will be able to file for skill assessment test the quota for auditors (960) might get over. What do you advice I shall do? Should I go for Accountant category rather than Auditor? Will this impact the prospects of me finding a external auditor job once I land in Australia? Please provide me with your contact details.

Thanks,

Guest Levimouse
Hello,

I am planning to apply for Skill Assessment under External Auditor category. My Ilets is scheduled for August 25th, 2012. While going through your post I am a bit concerned that by the time I will be able to file for skill assessment test the quota for auditors (960) might get over. What do you advice I shall do? Should I go for Accountant category rather than Auditor? Will this impact the prospects of me finding a external auditor job once I land in Australia? Please provide me with your contact details.

Thanks,

Hi Rajat

I wanted to apply for WA SS but they recently took external auditor off their occupation list. Couldn't believe it as had just got my skill assessment back. Anyway I have since requested another skill assessment from ICAA under general accountant. Once that's back I'll apply for WA SS.

Are you looking to get sponsored by a state? Regardless of your plans I recommend you getting the skill assessment as a general accountant instead. What's your qualification and where did you get it? Mine's an ACA from the UK (ICAEW) so is pretty flexible.

I'll still be applying for audit jobs in Oz but it does worry me that the demand might not be there WA if they have taken it off their list.

Feel free to pm me if you wanna chat more about this.

Edited by Levimouse

Guest Levimouse
What are the start and end dates for 2012-2013 ceiling quota? Its not the full 2 year period is it?

2012-2013 is quoted like a financial year so doesn't mean the full 2 years. I think for DIAC it will be 1st July 2012 to 30th June 2013.

Guest Rajat2402
Hi Rajat

I wanted to apply for WA SS but they recently took external auditor off their occupation list. Couldn't believe it as had just got my skill assessment back. Anyway I have since requested another skill assessment from ICAA under general accountant. Once that's back I'll apply for WA SS.

Are you looking to get sponsored by a state? Regardless of your plans I recommend you getting the skill assessment as a general accountant instead. What's your qualification and where did you get it? Mine's an ACA from the UK (ICAEW) so is pretty flexible.

I'll still be applying for audit jobs in Oz but it does worry me that the demand might not be there WA if they have taken it off their list.

Feel free to pm me if you wanna chat more about this.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

You have specifically said WA SS? Does this mean the entire quota of 960 is already full for Auditors or just WA? I see you are more keen for WA? I am open to work anywhere in Australia so I will be going for general visa. But my concern is by the time I will be able to file EOI, which wont happen before Oct end, the quote will be fill.

Also you have mentioned that you got your skill assessment back for auditor but since they have taken it off their list you had to get another one done under accountant. So you had to pay again for it?

I am Chartered Accountant in India with 8 years work ex with KPMG as External Auditor. I am concerned about the post PR job search too. How do you plan to go about it?

Regards,

Rajat

Guest Levimouse
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

You have specifically said WA SS? Does this mean the entire quota of 960 is already full for Auditors or just WA? I see you are more keen for WA? I am open to work anywhere in Australia so I will be going for general visa. But my concern is by the time I will be able to file EOI, which wont happen before Oct end, the quote will be fill.

Also you have mentioned that you got your skill assessment back for auditor but since they have taken it off their list you had to get another one done under accountant. So you had to pay again for it?

I am Chartered Accountant in India with 8 years work ex with KPMG as External Auditor. I am concerned about the post PR job search too. How do you plan to go about it?

Regards,

Rajat

Hi Rajat

Without SS I only have 65 points so I'm applying for SS to increase my chances of getting into Aus. Only WA and SA will sponsor me due to my experience and so after some research we picked WA to work in. With 8 years experience Victoria and Queensland would sponsor you.

If you apply for SS then you get an instant invitation from DIAC to apply, whereas if you do not then you will have to wait until DIAC invites you depending on your VISA points and time of EOI. From what I have read on here unless you have at least 70 or 75 points then I don't see you getting a 189 invite anytime soon.

With the skill assessment I paid $400 to ICAA for the 1st one and then only $100 for the 2nd one as that was only seen as an update and not a whole new assessment.

Wow you're lucky you work for KPMG - I'll definitely be trying to get a job with one of the Big 4 once I get my VISA.

In terms of how I'll go about getting a job I think I'll wait until I have my PR and know when we're planning on heading out there and then just start phoning around trying to sell myself. I'll start with the Big 4 and recruitment agents and go from there. I am really hoping I can get a job before I leave but am very much expecting that I will have to have moved out there first.

Could you apply for a transfer within KPMG? There appear to be lots of Audit Senior roles in WA at the moment but you must be at Senior Manager at least. I'm technically an Assistant Manager but work in public sector and so may have to take a step down to start working back up again.

In terms of quota I guess there are no guarantees that there will be any left available by October. We still do not know how DIAC are allocating the quote. Will they just let the quotas get used up as people apply or will they split the quotes monthly to even out the applications across the year. It is all so unknown but I guess to increase our chances it makes sense to apply as early as possible and if you can get SS then do.

I would seriously consider SS. Maybe do some research into where you would like to live and where the jobs are and just go for that SS wise. You are only tied there for 2 yrs anyway.

Anyway I hope that helps some.

Kim

Guest Rajat2402
Hi Rajat

Without SS I only have 65 points so I'm applying for SS to increase my chances of getting into Aus. Only WA and SA will sponsor me due to my experience and so after some research we picked WA to work in. With 8 years experience Victoria and Queensland would sponsor you.

If you apply for SS then you get an instant invitation from DIAC to apply, whereas if you do not then you will have to wait until DIAC invites you depending on your VISA points and time of EOI. From what I have read on here unless you have at least 70 or 75 points then I don't see you getting a 189 invite anytime soon.

With the skill assessment I paid $400 to ICAA for the 1st one and then only $100 for the 2nd one as that was only seen as an update and not a whole new assessment.

Wow you're lucky you work for KPMG - I'll definitely be trying to get a job with one of the Big 4 once I get my VISA.

In terms of how I'll go about getting a job I think I'll wait until I have my PR and know when we're planning on heading out there and then just start phoning around trying to sell myself. I'll start with the Big 4 and recruitment agents and go from there. I am really hoping I can get a job before I leave but am very much expecting that I will have to have moved out there first.

Could you apply for a transfer within KPMG? There appear to be lots of Audit Senior roles in WA at the moment but you must be at Senior Manager at least. I'm technically an Assistant Manager but work in public sector and so may have to take a step down to start working back up again.

In terms of quota I guess there are no guarantees that there will be any left available by October. We still do not know how DIAC are allocating the quote. Will they just let the quotas get used up as people apply or will they split the quotes monthly to even out the applications across the year. It is all so unknown but I guess to increase our chances it makes sense to apply as early as possible and if you can get SS then do.

I would seriously consider SS. Maybe do some research into where you would like to live and where the jobs are and just go for that SS wise. You are only tied there for 2 yrs anyway.

Anyway I hope that helps some.

Kim

Hi Kim,

I am at Assistant Manager level too. I will be promoted in March to Manager level.

Do we get our scores along with skill assessment test? And can we apply for 2 SS in one application? And is there a possibility that some employer might offer you a job along with EOI?

Sorry I am asking too many questions :)

Rajat

Guest Levimouse
Hi Kim,

I am at Assistant Manager level too. I will be promoted in March to Manager level.

Do we get our scores along with skill assessment test? And can we apply for 2 SS in one application? And is there a possibility that some employer might offer you a job along with EOI?

Sorry I am asking too many questions :)

Rajat

Hi Rajat

You're not asking too many questions don't worry. What do you mean by scores? I didn't get a score from ICAA just a confirmation my qualification was suitable. Or do you mean your visa points?

If you select in your EOI that you are happy for employers to look at it then you could get an offer. I'm not holding out any hope for this with such a low occupation ceiling. They can't need us that bad.

Kim

Hello,

Thanks,

Hi Rajat,

Where are you from India? PM if you need any help.

Regards,

Rohit