Britchick and Pommypaul's Travels Part 2

BritChickx

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Longtime Lurker

I bought my husband one of the silk liners for his sleeping bag - he said it was the best bit of kit he had. Really kept him warm. If my feet are cold I just can not get to sleep so I have been known to wear socks in bed in winter! :embarrassed:

Ihate wearing socks to bed but last night and the night before i had to wear socks to bed :( i'm even thinking of wearing my jumpers to bed lol. the heating is meant to be on in the campervan but OMG I'm FREEZING lol.

Minus 7 C in Dunedin t'other night, according to Jo's sister...

Cheers, Bobj.

Waaaaa :'( it's -3 here atm, my feet are permanantly cold! Which makes the rest of me feel cold! Is Dunedin worth a visit Bob?

Stutifiknow...I only flew in there and drove out within an hour of landing from Australia.

West coast and the lakes area is good to see...minus 1 when I visited in the SUMMER? of 1975.cold.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Waaaaa :'( it's -3 here atm, my feet are permanantly cold! Which makes the rest of me feel cold! Is Dunedin worth a visit Bob?

You need some wool socks or wear some Uggs!!

I really liked Dunedin - but being Scottish I had to visit.

Was really happy to find a British Sweet Shop there - and managed to get some Prawn Cocktail Crisps!!

thank you! Bob if it's -1 in summer i dread to think what winter's gonna be like, we plan on being there in a week or so!

I definately need some more layers lol.

Today we had a relaxed day at Hanmer Springs, this morning we took a dip in the thermal pools which overlooked the mountains, bliss! Then grabbed a bite to eat and a pint at one of the local bar and grills. Wanted to play golf but was tooo busy, so we had a bit of a wander and then came back to the campervan to do a bit of homework and where we're going to go in the following days! You'll find out soon ;). Here are some piccies of the road trip to, and in Hanmer Springs. Enjoy!

P7070068 (800x600).jpg

P7070076 (800x600).jpg

P7070081 (800x600).jpg

P7070085 (600x800).jpg

P7070086.jpg

P7070068 (800x600).jpg

P7070076 (800x600).jpg

P7070081 (800x600).jpg

P7070085 (600x800).jpg

P7070086.jpg

Stacey those springs look so inviting ..... I have not been back in long, so will look at the pages I have missed tomorrow, hope you are sleeping better.

Keep up the journal, really nice to see you both having fun even though it may be a bit cold, do keep warm ..... hugs to you both, and safe travels x x x x

Beautiful pictures!!!

Re Dunedin. We loved it there, especially the wild life. We loved seeing the penguins and sea lions on the beaches and managed to stand on a beach and they came quite close to us - precious memories. We think it is definitely worth a visit. It's a really lovely town.

Unfortunately, OH spent the majority of his time in the Dunedin Hospital, it was great in there, but best to be avoided:confused:

Try and get to The Warehouse or Farmers and get yourself some polypro or go to Glassons and get some of their merino jumpers they will keep you warm. It gets damn cold the further south you go or the further into the mountains. If I was you guys I would hop on the ferry at Picton and do the North Island first its not nearly as cold this time of year.

Probably a good idea Candygirl, but we don't wanna pay for the ferry over and then come back to the south island again for work or to see the rest of the sites....so gonna have to put up with the cold weather lol, will def try to get over to Dundedin and of course the north island if we can't get work here! I am a bit scared of how cold it's gonna be further south lol. Will try to get some thermals. I plan to wear leggins under every pair of trousers too lol.

Gill i'm sleeping much better now thanks! Did you go for your weekend away to Brisbane? Or something else?

I know fights often broke out in Southsea by the Goose pub and some parts of Fratton were rough, but I remember when I moved there thinking there is never any news. (Not that it is a bad thing). I lived in the City centre near Guildhall most of the time and then moved to Southsea (only lived there 2 years in total mind). It is pretty scary to think there are people like that out there. :(:(:(