Britchick and Pommypaul's Travels Part 2

BritChickx

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so pretty! Reminds me a little bit of flying to Rome and going over the Alps. Very amazing pictures! Hope you guys manage to stay awake and adjust. Out of curiosity when you got to customs did you have to say you were arriving on a working holiday visa or did they already know?

I was just about to say the same.. we had a very clear view of the Alps when we were going to Naples. Dave loved seeing them so i think he'd love those pics even more.

Great pics Stacy! Glad you arrived there safely. Im not jealous at all... :sad::laugh:

Thanks :).....ughhh I caved in and went to sleep for 30 mins...now I have a HUGE headache, must be the lack of sleep and waking up all the time. We'll be heading to bed in half hour lol, hopefully won't be waking up in the night! We emailed someone about a campervan and hopefully we can view that and maybe buy it.

Wow really? Yeah it has been quite hot and muggy in the UK, not enjoying this cold either, I want somewhere in the middle lol, don't think it'll happen til spring tho!

At least you know that your guaranteed a summer over there and springs meant to be very nice aswell. The pics i've saw of christchurch that havent been affected by the earthquake look beautiful. I hope your going to go on one of those boats down the avon lol :cute:

haven't really seen christchurch yet but will let you know!

I've been trying for 2 hours now to get to sleep but can't, even tho i'm knackered :( my head and necks killing me and my chest hurts and i got myself into a bit of a mess panicking :( so here i am trying to distract myself ....

No they asked, I had to give them my whv grant letter/page. I thought it'd be electronically tagged but hey ho!

Cheers for that. I might print some extra copies of my WHV grant letter thingy, very strange though as you have to give your passport number when you applied like yourself I thought it would be electronic. When you check in at Heathrow did they question you being a one way flight? Also did customs ask how much money you had? Sorry for all the questions just preparing myself :) I hope you have managed to get to sleep by now, all the emotion from the flight and arriving probably doesn't help but hopefully your be fine within the next few days. I look forward to seeing some more photos later on. :biggrin:

I'm awake again! I'm sure I didn't actually sleep tho.....every time I tried nodding off my body jolted me awake again, wtf!

When I was at heathrow checking in they asked to see mine and paul's visas and she photocopied them (which i thought was weird btu hey ho). When we arrived at customs they didn't ask for proof of funds -but that's not to say they won't for you! I wasn't questioned about it being a one way flight either.

I'm awake again! I'm sure I didn't actually sleep tho.....every time I tried nodding off my body jolted me awake again, wtf!

When I was at heathrow checking in they asked to see mine and paul's visas and she photocopied them (which i thought was weird btu hey ho). When we arrived at customs they didn't ask for proof of funds -but that's not to say they won't for you! I wasn't questioned about it being a one way flight either.

This should be a book, Brit and Paul's adventure down under, hope you have kept all the posts.

Yeah it is! And no problems.

STILL TIRED and have a headache! Proper feelign sorry for myself lol. Today we're going to get nz sims and internet and buy some boots and maybe a waterproof coat. And some food. barely eaten since we got here so gonna be eating lots later lol.

Yeah it is! And no problems.

STILL TIRED and have a headache! Proper feelign sorry for myself lol. Today we're going to get nz sims and internet and buy some boots and maybe a waterproof coat. And some food. barely eaten since we got here so gonna be eating lots later lol.

remember......... chicken peanut sauce pizza!! i'll try find out the name of the place that sells it

Reminds me a little bit of chicken satay. I like chicken and peanut and pizza so would try it lol

Yeah its similar to satay but just more.. peanuty lol i used to ask for it with my chicken but the chinese stopped doing it and only do satay sauce now apparently :elvis: Hopefully i'll visit NZ one day, bit far to go for a pizza haha :laugh:

lol oh yeah forgot about that! Will have a look for it. When i go can go outside that is. We walked to the shopping centre, only got as far as the vodafone shop to get our sims and I thought i was gonna pass out....think it's the lack of sleep and food....we came back and i was naughty and had a nap....now feel even worse lol! I'm sure i've forgotten how to walk haha. Sorry to be such a whinging pom, will be better once the jet lags gone....sooon I hope :S

I remember my first few days here, I was so jet lagged and walking around at times looking like an extra from a zombie film, I was getting up at the strangest times and going to bed as soon as it got dark, we have to fight it, it is hard, but do try to sleep ... :SLEEP: