Britchick and Pommypaul's Travels Part 2

BritChickx

Yeah we're going to Queenstown....better get ready in a minute. so lazy we've been getting like 9-10 hours sleep a night, that's probably not good for you lol. The helicopter ride was 'awesome!' lol. I don't wanna do a bungee jump looks too scary for me plus heard too many bad stories even one in nz, so i'll stick to doing my parachute jump!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we're going to Queenstown....better get ready in a minute. so lazy we've been getting like 9-10 hours sleep a night, that's probably not good for you lol. The helicopter ride was 'awesome!' lol. I don't wanna do a bungee jump looks too scary for me plus heard too many bad stories even one in nz, so i'll stick to doing my parachute jump!

I'd like to do a parachute jump but im way too scared! :wideeyed: How are you finding the kiwis? friendly?

Fantastic photos Stacy

Glad you are enjoying

I never really considered going to New Zealand much but looks like it is right up my street. I was planning to put my skis on Ebay before heading to Oz but I reckon the odd ski trip might still be a possibility now :cool: My sister really wants to do a similar trip to what you're doing.

Keep the amazing pics coming :wubclub:

Millie x

I would definitely recommend a parachute jump over a bungee jump. Did the skydiving in wanaka, was fantastic. then my friends decided they wanted to do a bungee (Karawau, the original) and I said no, then eventually caved to peer pressure and did it. Felt sick for two hours afterwards. Waste of money for me, though my friends all said they preferred the bungee to the skydiving, each to their own I guess...

Lol could be the UK with all this rain! So bloody cold too! Might freeze to death in the night!

For those that are unsure about holidaying here....think it's well worth a visit! Seen so much cool stuff already only been here 2 weeks!

Rockdr that's why i don't wanna do one....i can imagine myself feeling really crappy afterwards and don't fancy my foot slipping through the cord and like, dying! lol.

I haven't found the kiwis any more friendly than any where else when it comes to customer service, all the same really. Can't speak for knowing kiwis personally tho.

don't fancy my foot slipping through the cord and like, dying! lol.

oh, foot wouldn't slip, they tie your legs together really tight, and then make you shuffle/wobble to the end of the plank... I was more worried about wobbling off the wrong direction/early and hitting my head on something...

We are now in Queenstown, we arrived here yesterday. Today was our first day out and we had an explore of the town and after lunch went up the gondola's to get a good view of the city and mountain! Had a hot choc and a couple of beers and took in the scenery. We also had 2 go's on the luge's - downhill go karting tracks, I crapped myself lol, soon got over it tho and had fun! I was more scared of going on the ski style chair lifts lol to get to it lol. Tomorrow we are going to go on the shotover canyon jet boat! Apparently the most famous jet boat ride in the world! We will tell you about it tomorrow :). Me and Paul have been discussing wwoofing again and doing this until we find paid work - or until my visa comes through! We joined up to the website and emaile a host which looks good, a farm in Malbourough, north east of the south island! We get our own accomodation and food to cook ourselves in exchange for 5 hours work a day. Good deal I reckon and get to meet some people and gain some work experience :). Here's a few pictures of today's outings. P7140290 (800x600).jpg

P7130258 (800x600).jpg

P7140264 (600x800).jpg

P7140276 (800x600).jpg

P7140284 (800x600).jpg

P7130258 (800x600).jpg

P7140264 (600x800).jpg

P7140276 (800x600).jpg

P7140284 (800x600).jpg

P7140290 (800x600).jpg

Guest Guest16631

............have just made a cup of tea and will sit and look back through your thread,...................thanks for posting ,..........so much nicer than a travel brochure.............!

Guest Guest16631
Aw really! Did you read our travel thread from Aus? We wwoofed on an alpaca farm....not in denmark WA by any chance? We loved it and woul like to go back again one day.

Thanks tink hope you enjoy :)

........yes have followed your adventures...............and enjoyed your photo's...............you write a very interesting post ,most enjoyable to read............good luck to you both on your journey...............two very aweinspireing young people...!....tink x

Guest Guest16631

.....you should do it for a job..........travelling all over the world and writing about it.............you have a talent for it.........!

There's probably more supermarket shops in aus and generally more of everything shops in aus but I guess NZ is smaller....we're on a mission to find supernatural and I can't find it anywhere it seems impossible to find a DVD shop other than DVD's as part of other shops lol. Not gonna go skiing now, it costs a lot of money just to get a lesson and hire all the gear for a day but we're gonna have a drive around the mountains and going jet boating this morning :D i'msure the time will fly for you and you'll be in nz before you know it!

http://www.marbecks.co.nz/search/?-session=Marbecks:5C16A2AF1175814591XmL1331206

Marbecks seem to sell supernatural they have stores in Dunedin and Chrustchurch if that's any good?

Is your profile picture taken in Queenstown? Reminds me of the lake district. That's a shame about the skiing, I did a few lessons at xscape in the UK and it was about £24 for a lesson plus hire of equipment and ski lift. Jet boating sounds fun :D I'm glad you guys are having fun and you have recovered from the flight. :) I keep thinking how much there is to do in the little time I have left! I hand my notice in at work next month! Argh! lol