Aussies are appalling and dangerous drivers

rikyuu

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The mullet is a hairstyle that is short at the front and sides, and long in the back.[1] The mullet began to appear in popular media in the 1960s and 1970s but did not become generally well-known until the early 1980s. It continues to be popular today.[citation needed]

I didn't know what a mullet was - apart from a fish - until I read the word on PIO. :embarrassed:

Sometimes it would be nice to be able to put ya foot down in the UK and drive like a lunatic..........alas there are so many bloody roadworks and restricted speed limits that doing much more than 50mph anywhere is nye on impossible........and those are monitored by the 'average speed' cameras. I suppose this introduces a more prevelent middle finger and horn culture due to stress heads and hot hatch kids.

Although i never experienced such in Oz. Too busy speeding and getting caught.

Guest trasi
..and yer point is?? You obviously havent driven around Woolwich or Thamesmead then?? If you had then you would realise ALL countries have as you poms like to call 'Bogans' living in em..to be honest I think the UK has far more than Australia..OOO AAAR waiting for the backlash!

ha ha ...... we far more of everything....... and not for the better either !! :laugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I drove there and back from Manchester yesterday from sunnyless Dewsbury, lol on the busy M62 and had no problems and i drove for thousands of kilometers in Australia and had no problems, it was great easy driving, wide roads, mostly quiet traffic. Theres bad drivers everywhere, but how to assess where is worse i don't know?

Hey, to the guy with the Mullet family living next door - has the dad got blonde hair cause I'm thinking I havn't seen Pat Sharpe on the telly for a while??? I seem to recall he liked the sun as was looking rather like a cross between Rod Stewart and David Dickinson the last time I saw him, and he did confess to being a bad driver (not really, I just made that last bit up).:biglaugh:

I've found drivers over here in the UK very aggressive and they seem to park anywhere they please, e.g. the wrong side of the road facing the wrong way, (if that makes sense), and on foot paths. Women drivers appear to be particularly impatient especially in Tesco's car park. Only my opinion mind !!

I drove there and back from Manchester yesterday from sunnyless Dewsbury, lol on the busy M62 and had no problems and i drove for thousands of kilometers in Australia and had no problems, it was great easy driving, wide roads, mostly quiet traffic. Theres bad drivers everywhere, but how to assess where is worse i don't know?

unfortunately thats not the problem, its the probably unintentionaly badly worded opening thats the problem. an understandable one when pi$$ed off. then some others latch on to it and not let slide that it was their opinion, which they are allowed, and try to force their opinion on the OP without aknowlaging the obvious double standard.

then it degenerates into the usual boring argumentative garbage where someone brings out the usual "if you dont like it, leave." possibly a valid argument for a hate preacher trying to bring down the country they live in, but not really for someone who gets scared or nervous behind the wheel.

Perhaps when someone posts a rant, the Mods should just close the thread! or there should be a Rant section that that if you need to vent you can, without anyone being able to reply. and if you dont like what someone writes you get banned for looking at it, encouraging the use of the OFF button or CH+or- i wish people would use instead of complaing about tv programms or ads they probably didnt even see anyway!

Hey, to the guy with the Mullet family living next door - has the dad got blonde hair cause I'm thinking I havn't seen Pat Sharpe on the telly for a while??? I seem to recall he liked the sun as was looking rather like a cross between Rod Stewart and David Dickinson the last time I saw him, and he did confess to being a bad driver (not really, I just made that last bit up).:biglaugh:

even he has cut his hair. more than 10 years ago!

I've found drivers over here in the UK very aggressive and they seem to park anywhere they please, e.g. the wrong side of the road facing the wrong way, (if that makes sense), and on foot paths. Women drivers appear to be particularly impatient especially in Tesco's car park. Only my opinion mind !!

Yeah, thats legal in the UK

unfortunately thats not the problem, its the probably unintentionaly badly worded opening thats the problem. an understandable one when pi$$ed off. then some others latch on to it and not let slide that it was their opinion, which they are allowed, and try to force their opinion on the OP without aknowlaging the obvious double standard.

then it degenerates into the usual boring argumentative garbage where someone brings out the usual "if you dont like it, leave." possibly a valid argument for a hate preacher !

may I direct you to my thread on this subject?

Live there.

then it degenerates into the usual boring argumentative garbage where someone brings out the usual "if you dont like it, leave." possibly a valid argument for a hate preacher trying to bring down the country they live in, but not really for someone who gets scared or nervous behind the wheel.

Perhaps when someone posts a rant, the Mods should just close the thread! or there should be a Rant section that that if you need to vent you can, without anyone being able to reply. and if you dont like what someone writes you get banned for looking at it, encouraging the use of the OFF button or CH+or- i wish people would use instead of complaing about tv programms or ads they probably didnt even see anyway!

Where's the fun in that though?

Are you a member of the Fun Police ?