Aussies are appalling and dangerous drivers

rikyuu

You know you aren't supposed to let facts get in the way of a whinging rant :wink:

Sorry...forgot...again!!!:wacko: Early onset dementia, I suspect. :wink:

Note to self...PIO...forget facts...facts irrelevant....

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freckle......I've always been intrigued by collective nouns, you know......a mob of kangaroos, a herd of cattle, a murder of crows et al ..............I'm proposing that a group/congregation/bunch or whatever of Poms now be known as a "whinge of Poms" :wink:

Lol - you could be on to something with that one :laugh:

The road deaths per billion vehicle-kilometers for the UK and Australia are almost identical - 5.7 and 5.8 respectively - so the Aussies can't be that much more dangerous.

But the uk is more heavily populated and more people on the roads, f Aussies drivers were in the uk it would be carnage, they are shocking drivers.

But the uk is more heavily populated and more people on the roads, f Aussies drivers were in the uk it would be carnage, they are shocking drivers.

There are plenty of Aussies driving in the UK, and there are plenty of poms driving in Aus. It's carnage over here most days of the week. The amount of accidents and crazy driving I see from one side of the country to the other makes your statement sound silly.

There are plenty of Aussies driving in the UK, and there are plenty of poms driving in Aus. It's carnage over here most days of the week. The amount of accidents and crazy driving I see from one side of the country to the other makes your statement sound silly.

Aussie drivers are crap, poms in the uk or oz are far better drivers.

Bloody nora, what a can of worms!!

Can I ask, is it ok to post one's own experiences on here???? It appears not in some cases? Psychotic and obsessed spring to mind rather than light hearted debate.

I am actually laughing to myself whilst reading some of this - in particular those who simply believe to refuse that 'SOME' NOT ALL driving is complete rubbish out there. Sorry but it's true. It's not about whinging either, just having an opinion, or is that only ok if it's what certain people want to hear? Mad...

Maybe everyone should wear Dame Edna glasses when driving as may improve the quality! Lol.:biglaugh:

Seriously, why do some people take this forum SOOOOOO serious?

Bloody nora, what a can of worms!!

Can I ask, is it ok to post one's own experiences on here???? It appears not in some cases? Psychotic and obsessed spring to mind rather than light hearted debate.

I am actually laughing to myself whilst reading some of this - in particular those who simply believe to refuse that 'SOME' NOT ALL driving is complete rubbish out there. Sorry but it's true. It's not about whinging either, just having an opinion, or is that only ok if it's what certain people want to hear? Mad...

Maybe everyone should wear Dame Edna glasses when driving as may improve the quality! Lol.:biglaugh:

Seriously, why do some people take this forum SOOOOOO serious?

BECAUSE some Aussies read this forum and they dont have any sense of humour !:biglaugh:

Guest The Pom Queen

I can't believe a thread about driving can turn in to another UK V Aus debate, come on guys, it really is silly.

I agree that the driving in Australia is terrible (now I haven't said whether it's Aussies, Poms or the neighbours dog driving) although to be honest I would struggle going back to the UK with the amount of traffic on the road. Melbourne traffic is like a rat race after living up here.

Guest The Pom Queen
I knew when I read the first post how this would go, some pretty thin skinned types on here :laugh:

It's a good job us pommies have thick skin :tongue:

Everyone has a sense of humour, drivers don't :wink: Everyone thinks they are the best driver in the world and its the other person who is useless at it. If only we were flies on the wall watching ourselves wonder what we would think.?

I had a road rage incident day before last, amusing if it was not so dangerous, the perpetrator got his come uppance though a police car was sitting on the intersection watching the goings on.

Guest The Pom Queen
Just to keep the tone....................I think Aussie skin is thicker :biglaugh:

Sssshhhhh do you realise a statement like that could lead to a thread 50 pages long :wub:

Guest trasi

ha ha love it.

This made me laugh, as having just come back from perth, i havent stopped raging onto people about how fantastic the driving is in Oz :smile:. I thought people were polite, drove extremely well and kept to the speed limit...... i obviously wasn't there long enough ha ha.

However, my experience is compared to the fact that i have to experience the bloody M25 every single day, and without getting into a 'them and us'..... the UK driving is appalling. I cant wait for the day when i can come home and count less than 5 one finger signals that i get, or being tooted or cut up etc etc....... you really take your life into your own hands on that carpark we call the M25 !!!....

I recently had a man cut me up on a round a bout...... i got out of my car to see if he was alright, and he came charging at me, fists clenched, swearing at me to 'get back in my f**king car otherwise he would do me and the kids !!!' Nice !! had my kids in tears they were so frightened......

i agree with previous thread.... there are good and bad everywhere, but i think the majority have taken root on the M25 !!! HA HA.

I look forward to driving in NSW soon...... i shall be on the look out :laugh:

Trasi x

Some of the most difficult driving can be doing long distances on unsealed country roads dodging the wildlife.

Guest Kelly R

I totally agree Austrailians are some of the nicest people in the world but put them behind the wheel of a car and they become nothing but reckless and dangerous idiots, I can't beleive this post is on here this morning as I have just come back from driving my 2 young children to my daughters school and I am still fuming hense the rant, some old wxxxxx decided to tail gate me even though I was driving 10 over I thought I am not going any faster and couldn't anyway or else I would be tail gating the person in front which I will not do so I slowed down to give myself more room behind the driver in front he took this as an excuse to annoy me all the way despite having very young children in the car nothing but an old bully. There have seen so many accidents here and so many people killed and they still don't care, trucks rolling over and too many idiot drivers even before today I have told my husband I feel like I am taking a risk every time I have to drive, because of idiots on the roads you can tell the Aussies have all been taught by Mummy or Daddy to drive as none of them have any road sense what so ever, also the roads are very badly designed, my 5 year old daughter would of done better, I think its a good thing that the speed limits are low or even more people would get killed they just seem so dumb when it comes to driving and they have no courtesy either its like driving about in the wild wild west my husband also comments on what bad drivers the Austrailians he is not suprised one bit because they don't really have any driving lessons they basically get in the car with a responsible adult usually Mum or Dad they put L plates on then after Mum or Dad Have signed of 100 hrs driving experience they get P Plates then do more hours then are classed as experienced drivers I dont know if they then have to do a test probably not but with this back water attitude to driving its no surprise the amount of accident and deaths on the roads here! Sorry for the rant on another day I would of been a lot more diplomatic about it all but not today :twitcy:

Guest GoldCoastMag

When I went to a foreign country and wanted to drive, I read and re-read the drivers handbook. Road rules may seem the same but often they are different in each country.

Just because they were all English speaking countries didnt mean the way I knew was correct when in a new country,

you can tell the Aussies have all been taught by Mummy or Daddy to drive as none of them have any road sense what so ever

So the thousands of driving schools throughout Australia don't actually have any students?

And now we know why Oz driving is so bad, what is the reason in the UK...as the fatality rate is hardly much better.