Aussies are appalling and dangerous drivers

rikyuu

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is getting funnier by the day!

It appears most people on the roads in Oz are either Ozzies with lizzard skin or whinging poms. I am of course only joking...

Someone said something about the trees being in the way, but don't forget the houses too. This also seems to be a national sport at times. I saw an article in the news once about a bus that had driven into a garden and there wasn't even a bus stop there???? What's all that about?

Hey, there could be a whole other thread on bus drivers!!!!!

Guest The Pom Queen
If the pons don't like the driving maybe they could leave?

If we left the roads may be safer, so I am sorry we can't do that :tongue:

I hope that's tongue in cheek as someone always pipes up with that if someone isn't happy with something here.

Anyway, I think I must live in an alternative bit of Australia to most on this thread. I have driven about quite a bit today locally - in rush hour as well. I was let out a couple times, allowed to change lanes twice and had no issues at all.

There are definitely idiots out there but I haven't noticed it being any worse than the UK at all.

Spell it properly please!

Rather than resort to the "if you don't like it leave" have a look at the death toll on the roads here each year and ask is that acceptable?

Fact - there is a lot of dangerous driving here Fact - there are cars on the road that are unsafe Fact - there are people saying that the driving by some here is dangerous and makes them drive defensively

If you think the death toll on Australia's roads is acceptable, and that is not including the lives blighted or maimed by serious injury, then please come out and say so. Or perhaps you might just accept that people have a point and a right to express it when it concerns the well being of Australians and immigrants alike.

Or perhaps you might accept that much of this thread is "tongue in cheek" and then I'll accept you are just being a triffle silly!

This thread is getting funnier by the day!

It appears most people on the roads in Oz are either Ozzies with lizzard skin or whinging poms. I am of course only joking...

Someone said something about the trees being in the way, but don't forget the houses too. This also seems to be a national sport at times. I saw an article in the news once about a bus that had driven into a garden and there wasn't even a bus stop there???? What's all that about?

Hey, there could be a whole other thread on bus drivers!!!!!

That must have been the door to door service you saw

Spell it properly please!

Rather than resort to the "if you don't like it leave" have a look at the death toll on the roads here each year and ask is that acceptable?

Fact - there is a lot of dangerous driving here Fact - there are cars on the road that are unsafe Fact - there are people saying that the driving by some here is dangerous and makes them drive defensively

If you think the death toll on Australia's roads is acceptable, and that is not including the lives blighted or maimed by serious injury, then please come out and say so. Or perhaps you might just accept that people have a point and a right to express it when it concerns the well being of Australians and immigrants alike.

Or perhaps you might accept that much of this thread is "tongue in cheek" and then I'll accept you are just being a triffle silly!

Get off your soap box. Of course people dying on the roads isn't acceptable anywhere in the world.

Anyone noticed it has gone from drivers wearing bowling hat to drivers wearing baseball caps on back to front that are the ones to watch out for ? I get cut off at least two or three times a day by these young hoons, maybe they cant see under the peak of there caps.

Guest Guest66881

I think H should have put that one on his list, 'if you don't like it leave', but i cannot for the life of me think of a nice one in return.

Maybe that could be this weeks forum challenge, to think of a good phrase to reply to the bumper sticker - 'if you don't like it leave':wink:

I think H should have put that one on his list, 'if you don't like it leave', but i cannot for the life of me think of a nice one in return.

Maybe that could be this weeks forum challenge, to think of a good phrase to reply to the bumper sticker - 'if you don't like it leave':wink:

Er, there was a whole thread on that, a few months back

The reason some of us Aussies defend our fellow countrymen and women on threads like these is because some people talk utter cr&p. Sweeping statements about all Aussies and everyone does this and that. I agree there is some of the worst driving on the Aussie roads, but on ther other hand there is also bad driving all around the world. To think that its only Australia that has bad drivers you are kidding yourselves. How many of you have had speeding tickets since arriving in Australia? And you say the Aussies are bad drivers, the speed limits are there for a reason.

A lot of you say Australia is such a young country that has been built on immigration, well, do you not think these people are part of the problem as well, or do you just think its the bog an, mullet wearing, redneck Aussies driving V8s with Aussie flags hanging out the window?

Have a look in the mirror people!

We have new neighbours, large 4x4, 2 feral kids running in house what sounds like 100mph both with mullets, both left alone for a couple of hours each day no older that 10yrs old throwing their rubbish over into our garden, large dog left alone all day barking and howling, ( too scared to peer over fence to see what breed but BIG) both parents with mullets language true blue aussie, then the gran appeared, 65-70yrs old with blonde top of hair and mullet a light natural grey with fag butt on bottom lip and language to match. already viewed 3 houses as we are off somewhere peaceful

Guest Guest66881
We have new neighbours, large 4x4, 2 feral kids running in house what sounds like 100mph both with mullets, both left alone for a couple of hours each day no older that 10yrs old throwing their rubbish over into our garden, large dog left alone all day barking and howling, ( too scared to peer over fence to see what breed but BIG) both parents with mullets language true blue aussie, then the gran appeared, 65-70yrs old with blonde top of hair and mullet a light natural grey with fag butt on bottom lip and language to match. already viewed 3 houses as we are off somewhere peaceful

I see that descriptive version of people walking around Coles every time i am in there:biggrin:

Guest Shell15

..and yer point is?? You obviously havent driven around Woolwich or Thamesmead then?? If you had then you would realise ALL countries have as you poms like to call 'Bogans' living in em..to be honest I think the UK has far more than Australia..OOO AAAR waiting for the backlash!

Edited by Shell15
spelling mistakes

..and yer point is?? You obviously havent driven around Woolwich or Thamesmead then?? If you had then you would realise ALL countries have as you poms like to call 'Bogans' living in em..to be honest I think the UK has far more than Australia..OOO AAAR waiting for the backlash!

Actually I think you can tell a lot about the socioeconomic area posters live based on the things they say they see all the time. I can't remember the last time I saw someone with a mullet - 1970's maybe.