Aussies are appalling and dangerous drivers

rikyuu

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest66881

'Bogans' in the UK tend to be called 'scum' or 'Dole wallers'.

Typical attire,

MALE - shitty old dirty track/shell suit, with hoodie and a fag and a can on.

FEMALE - same as the male just fatter usually, though to be fair the fatness usually results in another baby.

Guest Shell15

I did read through that again and realise the term 'Bogans' really doesnt suit the British version..chav maybe? Oops did I really say that!

I still don't think we can compare Oz v UK for fatalities, I could drive a 1000k now easy on good roads and not pass another car, plus weather has a lot to do with accidents especially freezing fog, black ice, snow most of which we don't really get in 95% of Oz.

This part of Oz does get the fog, black ice, snow, narrow winding mountainous roads, many gravel only (not sealed), and very frequent encounters with wildlife (the non human sort) which dart out in front without any warning. I admit that I don't know Queensland roads at all. The only roads I've seen in Oz which I'd describe as good are in Canberra.

Guest The Pom Queen
This part of Oz does get the fog, black ice, snow, narrow winding mountainous roads, many gravel only (not sealed), and very frequent encounters with wildlife (the non human sort) which dart out in front without any warning. I admit that I don't know Queensland roads at all. The only roads I've seen in Oz which I'd describe as good are in Canberra.

Don't worry I counted you in the 5% that does get black ice :hug:

I have them next door so I have of course seen them recently like er...today, they live a matter of feet and inches away from me

and I dont care how many are in uk, i dont live there,

i dont give a t*ss about driving stats btw here and uk, I live in oz not uk and there are abysmal drivers in oz :tongue:

I have them next door so I have of course seen them recently like er...today, they live a matter of feet and inches away from me

and I dont care how many are in uk, i dont live there,

i dont give a t*ss about driving stats btw here and uk, I live in oz not uk and there are abysmal drivers in oz :tongue:

You should invite them over for a BBQ. They might be lovely people when you get to know them.

the previous tenants there were a couple of young lads in their 20s, no noise no probs at all and made a point of introducing themselves,

mind you I did have the advantage of watching the girlfriends turn up, until the oh bought tougher blinds

i look at some of the posts and I swear if someone said the uk gets more rain than oz some would pipe up disagree and defend australia ) :)

That would be me - because some places in Oz do, indeed, get more rain than the UK. :biggrin:

Talking about Oz as though it's one homogeneous package is just displaying lack of knowledge.

Actually I think you can tell a lot about the socioeconomic area posters live based on the things they say they see all the time. I can't remember the last time I saw someone with a mullet - 1970's maybe.

I didn't know what a mullet was - apart from a fish - until I read the word on PIO. :embarrassed:

Don't worry I counted you in the 5% that does get black ice :hug:

That's OK then !:cool:

Actually I was completely discombobulated by your "1000 km of good roads".

The concept of 1000 km of any sort of road and a "good road" is completely foreign to us down here. :biggrin:

Archived