176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done but did not enjoy doing it. Hope your wait is not too long.

Thanks Dazz. :biggrin:

I have learnt through this process that Nigeria is classed as a high high risk country, afterall. I have no choice but to do whatever is required, upload all the paper work and get on with my life. The visa can come whenever. I'm just tired. *sigh*

Our CO says that he is waiting for a response from "external agency". Can`t be medicals, they were finalized the next day after our doc sent them. I guess it must be police checks???? My husband is from Lebanon originally and we worked in Saudi Arabia. No criminal record for either one. Anyone else in similar situation? Any idea how long does it usually take? We submitted PC from USA and State of Texas. We couldn`t get the ones from Saudi because we would have to be physically present there ( immigration is aware, this info is on their website as well).

I am hoping everything get sorted till the end of the month, want to start planning the move, my son is about to start Kindergarten and I would like if he could join the school at the beginning of the school year in January.

when was it referred ?

my daughters were referred and finalised on the 25th july, my wifes referred on the 6th of august and mine were referred on the 28th of august. My daughter and i both had our meds done on the same day (25 july) while my wife was a week later. i had a problem getting a good bp reading so had to get a report from a cardiologist

Guest fultonclan
Well after a journey of 3 years from start to finish and feeling like we would never get there, I've logged on this morning and........

Visa granted!!!!!!!

Now to sell the house and we're off!! Yayyyyyy! x

Yey!!!!! Massive congrats Sara so happy for you. Keep in touch and with a bit of luck we'll meet up over there! :wub:

Rach x

Well after a journey of 3 years from start to finish and feeling like we would never get there, I've logged on this morning and........

Visa granted!!!!!!!

Congrats!!! It is raining today, with Medicals getting finalized and Visa's getting granted. Good luck with your move!!

Yey!!!!! Massive congrats Sara so happy for you. Keep in touch and with a bit of luck we'll meet up over there! :wub:

Rach x

Thanks Rach, I'll keep hanging round to see when everyone else gets their grants! We've called an impromptu get together at our house tonight so we can drink champagne and celebrate with our friends!! x

have been sent email asking for further medical info for my daughter, they are wanting to know that she will beable to work when she is older and not claim benefits, and asking abour special schooling etc....think it would be easier to fly over there and show them my daughter! so provided further info from school and her consultant, the panel doctor, said he thought that this should finally be enough! so fingers crossed xx and back to waiting! i would have hoped this process would have made me a patient person, but i think the opposite has happened, it's not knowing what there final decision will be that is the agony, i go from wanting a decision asap, to knowing that if that decision is not positive, i would rather not know and still be hoping!!

have been sent email asking for further medical info for my daughter, they are wanting to know that she will beable to work when she is older and not claim benefits, and asking abour special schooling etc....think it would be easier to fly over there and show them my daughter! so provided further info from school and her consultant, the panel doctor, said he thought that this should finally be enough! so fingers crossed xx and back to waiting! i would have hoped this process would have made me a patient person, but i think the opposite has happened, it's not knowing what there final decision will be that is the agony, i go from wanting a decision asap, to knowing that if that decision is not positive, i would rather not know and still be hoping!!

Hope they get your daughter's medical results sorted out positively very soon now Wendy - it must be agony waiting around and not being sure of the outcome :hug:

Visa granted!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your visa grant SaraC:smile:

Visa granted!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! All the best with the house sale. Keep us posted on how you are getting on. We are going for a look see in March/April as OH not convinced the wages on offer /cost of living make Oz a good move....but we will have a jolly good look around and speak to as many people on the ground as possible before we make our final decision.

Visa granted!!!!!!!

Congratulations Sara, it's been a great week for movement on meds referred front, hopefully there will be more people enjoying the Visa Granted feeling over the next week.

Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes over the last couple of days too.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Don't pop in here as much as I used to as busy trying to sort our validation trip in March (yes, I know I'm a bit of a control freak as OH says!).

Things seem to be slowing down for the June 176 gang or could it be some have not come back to update once they get their visas??

Good luck to all those still waiting especially those whose medicals are referred its frustrating but you will all get there in the end I am sure!

I'd like to say a HUGE thankyou to all those who updated and continue to update the spreadsheet so that we didn't feel so alone during the process - without you I think I may seriously have gone mad!! Wishing you all the best on your lives downunder.

We are hoping our validation trip in March/April 2013 goes well and that we can then crack on with planning our big move in November 2015 - it seems so, so very long away..... but need to get the dratted finances in order before we start our new life in Perth.

Good luck everyone!

It's been a long time coming for me this, but I got my Visa Grant today!!!!!:biggrin:

I might actually be able to get a full night's sleep tonight.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their Meds and Grants.

Congratulations!!! Now its time to soak it all up and plan for the move downunder.... but give yourself a short break before doing so!