176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

I got the grant!

They received my medicals 1 August 2012. They made a work reference check 2 weeks ago. And today I emailed them asking if they have any updates on the progress of my application and ta-da, they replied with the Visa Grant. I'm still in shock.

And I genuinely can't thank the people here enough. Reading the threads have provided me with excellent support. xoxo

Congratulation.......wishing you all the best

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got the grant!

They received my medicals 1 August 2012. They made a work reference check 2 weeks ago. And today I emailed them asking if they have any updates on the progress of my application and ta-da, they replied with the Visa Grant. I'm still in shock.

And I genuinely can't thank the people here enough. Reading the threads have provided me with excellent support. xoxo

Congratulations on your visa grant :smile:

I got the grant!

Congratulations!! Our little group is now well in the red. All the best for your move downunder.

Guest jennaire

Hi so visa grant in the bag, still a bit shocked!

We have heard of some people getting a stamp in there passport to state there current visa. Does anyone have info on this stamp? How much it is? I've heard its good to show to possible estate agents instead of getting a certified copy of the visa over and over.

I'm not sure how to go about researching this, any help appreciated?! Thanks x

Hi so visa grant in the bag, still a bit shocked!

We have heard of some people getting a stamp in there passport to state there current visa. Does anyone have info on this stamp? How much it is? I've heard its good to show to possible estate agents instead of getting a certified copy of the visa over and over.

I'm not sure how to go about researching this, any help appreciated?! Thanks x

Hi We had the stamps put in our passports and it didn't cost us anything. Not sure if this is because we used an agent, but all we did was drop our passports off with our agent who then sent them to London, and within a week we had them back. Not very exciting stamps considering the fun we have all been through (I want them to be shiny gold), but I think it is good to have both an electronic and hard copy.

Lisa

Hi We had the stamps put in our passports and it didn't cost us anything. Not sure if this is because we used an agent, but all we did was drop our passports off with our agent who then sent them to London, and within a week we had them back. Not very exciting stamps considering the fun we have all been through (I want them to be shiny gold), but I think it is good to have both an electronic and hard copy.

Lisa

HI

Not signed in for a while and this caught my attention. When you say your passport was stamped, is this to validate the visa... oohhh

Any updates from anyone?? We're still waiting for my meds to be finalised :mad:

Rach x

Hi Rach, nope I'm still waiting for my meds to be finalised too, it'll be 5 weeks on Wednesday, Hubby is starting convincing himself that we're not going to get our grant, his Mum in Australia has been out and bought cots and beds for the kids, toys etc for when we initially get there.

We had a viewing on our house on Friday so I'm hoping we start getting a few more as we can't move anyway until we sell the house!

Sara

Guest fultonclan
Hi Rach, nope I'm still waiting for my meds to be finalised too, it'll be 5 weeks on Wednesday, Hubby is starting convincing himself that we're not going to get our grant, his Mum in Australia has been out and bought cots and beds for the kids, toys etc for when we initially get there.

We had a viewing on our house on Friday so I'm hoping we start getting a few more as we can't move anyway until we sell the house!

Sara

Sara i know how you feel it does make you feel like we wont be approved! Hopefully GH have caught up a bit and are now processing August :confused: 5 weeks friday for me!!

Rach x

Guest fultonclan
Guys send ur c/o an email to see whats happening with your meds! i sent an email when our medicals was finalised and got a grant the next day! good luck. xx

Hi, I already did that and was told there's nothing they can do we just have to wait!

Rach x

Guest reddykandy

ACS1 Feb 2009(S/w engr NEC), IELTS1 Mar 2009, 175 lodged May 2009, It was in priority 5 for all the years. ACS2 Feb 2012(System Admin), IELTS2 - Mar2012, NSW SS applied 28th May 2012, NSW SS approved 27th June 2012, 175 got converted to 176 on 30th June 2012, CO 10th July 2012, PCC 11th July 2012, meds 12th July 12, Meds referred on 18th July 2012 and finalised on 21st August, got grant on the same day.

smbody please update the PIO 176 june spreadsheet.

Reddykandy

ACS1 Feb 2009(S/w engr NEC), IELTS1 Mar 2009, 175 lodged May 2009, It was in priority 5 for all the years. ACS2 Feb 2012(System Admin), IELTS2 - Mar2012, NSW SS applied 28th May 2012, NSW SS approved 27th June 2012, 175 got converted to 176 on 30th June 2012, CO 10th July 2012, PCC 11th July 2012, meds 12th July 12, Meds referred on 18th July 2012 and finalised on 21st August, got grant on the same day.

smbody please update the PIO 176 june spreadsheet.

Reddykandy

Congratulations......It was a long way, but It shows how a strong and persistent person you are

Hey everyone

Well we we’re referred on 30th July and I’m really fed up now. I’m worried that we may not pass for some reason, it’s been 6 weeks now and still no sign…argh….we called global health again last night and they have said that we should hear soon, but no definite date, we’re just in the pile waiting for someone to look at them, (when we called the two previous weeks they said it would be looked at within a week!) We’re going to email the case officer tonight although I’m not holding out much hope as she didn’t respond to our last email. Please keep us updated so we can hopefully hear some good news from someone soon x

Hi guys

I have a quick question....

We have had our medicals (on the 28th August) and on-line it says "Further medical results received"..

Some of you guys are asking when your meds were referred.....referred by whom and to who?

I thought that once you had your meds, your results were uploaded on-line by the docs and then the GSM team view them and make a decision....am I wrong??

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hi guys

I have a quick question....

We have had our medicals (on the 28th August) and on-line it says "Further medical results received"..

Some of you guys are asking when your meds were referred.....referred by whom and to who?

I thought that once you had your meds, your results were uploaded on-line by the docs and then the GSM team view them and make a decision....am I wrong??

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hi Andy

Our meds were "received", then "referred" to global health for further consideration. There is a lot of applicants being referred at the moment with a waiting list of approx 6 weeks. Hope ur not one of us!

Elaine

Archived