176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

Been a while since I was last here, but we have been booking shipper flight etc.

We travel out on the 21st of Oct to Melbourne and arrive there on the 23rd, (we me and my OH). Kids will be following out 1 month later.

Hope it all works out for you guys still on the referals list.

Next stop melbourne!!

Justin

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a while since I was last here, but we have been booking shipper flight etc.

We travel out on the 21st of Oct to Melbourne and arrive there on the 23rd, (we me and my OH). Kids will be following out 1 month later.

Hope it all works out for you guys still on the referals list.

Next stop melbourne!!

Justin

Hi Justin

Wow how exciting to have it all booked! I was just wondering if you would tell me which shipping company you have gone for? We are in the middle of quotes and choosing what to take - its blowing my mind!!

thanks

Katy

Yeyyy...visa was granted yesterday. i uploaded my PCC on Monday morning and the visa was granted on Thursday morning...thanks guys for all the supports. i'm going to get the visa stamp from the Australian embassy today...happy happy happy...oh, can someone please update the spreadsheet for me. thanks..

NykA

Team 4

PCC uploaded 24/9

Visa granted 27/9

Well hope everyone is great, since our visa grant we,ve been busy getting the house in order for a sale...It went up last fri so up just over a week now... Lets hope it sells or we will be renting (which i hope will work out..).. I,ve been reading a few forums and it says that rental in Perth is difficult to get...So many people there at the mo so lets hope it all works out for us all...

Hows everyone else getting on? x

Hello again, its Dee here, our family met your family at the Medical in Dublin :-) Hope you remember. We are both headed for Perth. We got our visa too so we are super excited now about the big move. I have a job interview for a great job on October 12th and if I get that, we'll be moving straight after Christmas. If not, we will leave it until June. There is so much that we don't know and we are still stumbling about a bit trying to ascertain what family income we will need for a decent standard of living in Perth,everything seems so much more expensive there, I'm thinking a family of two adults and two kids would need 150K to be ok. Do you think the same?

Have you a travel date set yet?

Hope your house gets sold soon, best wishes Dee and family

Hi Justin

Wow how exciting to have it all booked! I was just wondering if you would tell me which shipping company you have gone for? We are in the middle of quotes and choosing what to take - its blowing my mind!!

thanks

Katy

Hi Katy

Sorry been busy working and packing/ emptying the house of junk. Shippers coming on Monday to take everything away.

We've booked with John Mason, I was all up for going with White and Co but my OH talked me out of it.

It was more the feeling the reps gave when they came round that helped her make her decesion. We whittled it down with price etc.

Didnt take their insurance as it was far from the cheepest or the best.

But good look!

Have you make any bookings for flights etc yet? Where you heading?

Justin

We had the estate agents in to value the house and also give us a approximate rental value.

Quite frankly amazed at their figures as the sale is a good 20-25K above what we expected and the rental is £500 more a month than we banked on. 2 houses on our street have sold in the last few weeks but neither had our house spec (3 double bedrooms, 2 living rooms, parking for 5 cars and integral garage).

Apparently the local school we are zoned for and which is ranked in the top 10 government primary schools in the UK has pushed prices of rentals/sales up in the school zone in the past few years. The estate agent was a little disappointed that we were not going to rent imminently as she had a few people on her books looking solely for rental in the school zone.

Her valuation has made us decide we will definitely rent. The exchange rate is not great and potentially we could make a few overpayments with the surplus rent (after deductions for insurance/tax etc). Our neighbour has also offered to act as our agent which we would prefer as we would pay her almost the same monthly fee but she has a vested interest in ensuring any potential tenants look after the house.

Really looking forward to our validation trip in March now as it is one less worry when/if we do decide to move.

Hi Katy

Sorry been busy working and packing/ emptying the house of junk. Shippers coming on Monday to take everything away.

We've booked with John Mason, I was all up for going with White and Co but my OH talked me out of it.

It was more the feeling the reps gave when they came round that helped her make her decesion. We whittled it down with price etc.

Didnt take their insurance as it was far from the cheepest or the best.

But good look!

Have you make any bookings for flights etc yet? Where you heading?

Justin

Hi

No probs, thanks for getting back to me.

Thank you for the info on shippers, I'll give them a call Monday and get them over to quote. We've had Pickfords in and they seemed good. We are trying to be a bit ruthless over what to take so only need 1/2 - 3/4 of a 20ft container but that costs enough!!

No we haven't booked flights yet, we plan to go out April/May so have a bit of time. We are off to Sydney and can't wait! What about you guys?

Katy

It's been a long time coming for me this, but I got my Visa Grant today!!!!!:biggrin:

I might actually be able to get a full night's sleep tonight.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their Meds and Grants.

Congratulations Paul! You finally got that sorted out after all the mess with the Form 1100. When are you looking to move down under?

Kemi.

Hi Kemi,

Plan is to get to Melbourne as soon as I can. I have already started applying for jobs, had some positive feedback on my CV and I have a mate out in Oz who has his own IT recruitment company so I'm hopeful of finding something this year/beginning of next, with wife and kids to follow a couple months after when I have sorted the home out. We know where we want to live, found the kids school so just up to me now to get a job.

Congratulations Paul! You finally got that sorted out after all the mess with the Form 1100. When are you looking to move down under?

Kemi.

Hi All,

Wanted to check if any one could help me with my current situation. I had gone for my medicals, on the 1st of September. When I met the Doctor he had checked my BP which turned out to be high, which was quite a shock for me. So he had asked me to do an ECG and Echo, which turned out to be normal. I got to know from the Hospital that all the other tests which were done came out to be normal as well. But its been more than a month now and there is no news yet on my Visa. Would be great if some one could advise me on the same. Would this become a problem?

Guest fultonclan
Hi All,

Wanted to check if any one could help me with my current situation. I had gone for my medicals, on the 1st of September. When I met the Doctor he had checked my BP which turned out to be high, which was quite a shock for me. So he had asked me to do an ECG and Echo, which turned out to be normal. I got to know from the Hospital that all the other tests which were done came out to be normal as well. But its been more than a month now and there is no news yet on my Visa. Would be great if some one could advise me on the same. Would this become a problem?

Its more than likely that your meds have been referred to be looked at by a medical officer at global health in Sydney. I'm afraid you may be in for a long wait if that's the case as there is a huge backlog of referred meds at the moment. I was referred on the 10th August and I'm still waiting and unfortunately there are other forum members who have been waiting even earlier than me (30th July).

x

It's been a long time coming for me this, but I got my Visa Grant today!!!!!:biggrin:

I might actually be able to get a full night's sleep tonight.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their Meds and Grants.

CONGRATULATIONS mrPaulwilson...could you kindly update Indyanexpress from the Medicals referred for more than 30 days thread, so he/she can update the timeline tracker? Wishing you all the best as you head out to Oz.

Holy christ - Visa Granted today - i dont know what to do with myself Iam sat in work and i want to jump up and down on my desk and scream and shout

Sarah

CONGRATULATIONS Jonandsarah! Could you kindly update Indyanexpress from the Medicals referred for more than 30 days thread, so he/she can update the timeline tracker? Wishing you all the best as you head out to Oz.

Even bigger Holy Crap - Good job we got the visa on thursday as friday i got made redundant from my job of 12 years find out thursday what my package is. I know i have until 31st Jan in work and then after that who knows - We have to be in Oz by July to validate the visa so bust get sorted on getting the house on the market and worse of all telling our family - Iam thinking a personal letter to each as I cant do it face to face and that way they cant butt in without me having my say and they can digest everything and our 5 year old daughter doesnt need to be there either.

Wish me luck

Sarah:eek:

Guest fultonclan

Hi all! My meds have been FINALISED at long last!! Now, where's that visa?? :biggrin:

Could someone update the spreadsheet please?

Thank you

Rach x

Guest fultonclan
yeahhhhh sooooo pleased i have been checking everyday hoping everything would be okay for u!!!!

elaine xxx

Thank you Elaine! Here's hoping the rest aren't too far behind x