176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, and happy new year to everyone:rolleyes:, we had our meds met since end of November and are still waiting for our golden tickets!! Is this normal? and is anyone else still waiting, even with there meds finalized!!:no:

Hi,

are you sure the meds are the only ones? We`ve been waiting since august for a police clearance from Saudi Arabia ( used to work there) and were advised it can take "several months" ( no we are not criminals and we do not have a criminal record lol).

I saw on here that a lot of people had their visa within couple of days after their medicals were finalized, maybe it would be worth it to drop an email to your CO? He might be on vacations for all you know, it`s "the season". Hope all works well for you.

Guest TravelingFrog
After 6 and half months of waiting, I finally have my visa. Got the email grant a few hours ago and I am giddy with excitement!!!

Thanks to everyone for their support in my very turbulent journey to this grant. :jiggy:

Congrats! :)

Hi,

are you sure the meds are the only ones? We`ve been waiting since august for a police clearance from Saudi Arabia ( used to work there) and were advised it can take "several months" ( no we are not criminals and we do not have a criminal record lol).

I saw on here that a lot of people had their visa within couple of days after their medicals were finalized, maybe it would be worth it to drop an email to your CO? He might be on vacations for all you know, it`s "the season". Hope all works well for you.

I used to work in Saudi too and I was pleasantly surprised when they issued my police clearance in just a few weeks IIRC. When I heard immigration needed the Saudi clearance I thought 'here we go' at the time.

After 6 and half months of waiting, I finally have my visa. Got the email grant a few hours ago and I am giddy with excitement!!!

Thanks to everyone for their support in my very turbulent journey to this grant. :jiggy:

Congratulations on getting your visa! Good luck with the move

Clare

I used to work in Saudi too and I was pleasantly surprised when they issued my police clearance in just a few weeks IIRC. When I heard immigration needed the Saudi clearance I thought 'here we go' at the time.

Hi Joseph,

at the time when you needed the clearance, were you present in Saudi? We left in 2005 and they don`t process personal requests from abroad, impossible even through embassy ( they used to do that 2 years ago we are told but no more). We would have to be physically present in Saudi for fingerprints and paperwork:confused:

, Riyadh isn`t really our dream vacation destination and it would also be quite expensive to go there just to process the certificate. The DIAC apparently requested the papers from Saudi authorities. Also, we visited Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt - all possibly "high risk" countries???? so they might have requested info from there too ( our CO didn`t mention that though). Good thing we weren`t able to take a trip to Syria :laugh:

Hi Joseph,

at the time when you needed the clearance, were you present in Saudi? We left in 2005 and they don`t process personal requests from abroad, impossible even through embassy ( they used to do that 2 years ago we are told but no more). We would have to be physically present in Saudi for fingerprints and paperwork:confused:

, Riyadh isn`t really our dream vacation destination and it would also be quite expensive to go there just to process the certificate. The DIAC apparently requested the papers from Saudi authorities. Also, we visited Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt - all possibly "high risk" countries???? so they might have requested info from there too ( our CO didn`t mention that though). Good thing we weren`t able to take a trip to Syria :laugh:

Ah ok. I did all this in 2009 and their embassy or consulate in ACT? took care of it after I wrote to them. I had to get some paperwork from my old employer IIRC to say who I was sponsored by when I was working in Saudi. There is some rule about where you need a police check from, might be 2 months in a place to qualify? I was resident in Saudi for a while and did three month hitches there so needed it. I visited other countries too but not more than the odd week. Were you resident in Saudi? For me they allready had fingerprints etc cos of that and the Aramco card business. I dunno if that made it easier?

Ah ok. I did all this in 2009 and their embassy or consulate in ACT? took care of it after I wrote to them. I had to get some paperwork from my old employer IIRC to say who I was sponsored by when I was working in Saudi. There is some rule about where you need a police check from, might be 2 months in a place to qualify? I was resident in Saudi for a while and did three month hitches there so needed it. I visited other countries too but not more than the odd week. Were you resident in Saudi? For me they allready had fingerprints etc cos of that and the Aramco card business. I dunno if that made it easier?

Thanks for reply.

It is 12 months in a country ( total) within the last 10 years. We lived in Saudi from 2001 - 2005 so we need one. Wish I could still process it through the embassy, unfortunately it`s no longer possible:confused:. The DIAC have the paperwork regarding sponsor/employer already.

Thanks for reply.

It is 12 months in a country ( total) within the last 10 years. We lived in Saudi from 2001 - 2005 so we need one. Wish I could still process it through the embassy, unfortunately it`s no longer possible:confused:. The DIAC have the paperwork regarding sponsor/employer already.

Sounds like a real headache. I guess I was very lucky.

I suppose if you can't get it sorted you could wait two years or try some other visa in the interim.

Or can you appeal? Thing about Saudi is if you were a criminal there you would be deported (after prison if you are jailed) and you would have an anomalous exit stamp I think? It would be fairly obvious.

I would never advocate breaking the law but I wonder how immigration could ever check if you said you were resident somewhere else during 2001-2005. I mean what if you banged your head and suffered amnesia and thought you were resident back in US? during that time?

Walvia,

congratulations :wubclub:. When are you moving?

I'd move tomorrow if I could but I have to go to London and spend time with family and the boyfriend. Bought a one way ticket to London for the end of the month then I'd buy another one way ticket straight to Perth in April! :smile:

Congrats to those of you that have recently got their visa's or even just those of you that have made progress.

We are a little over 3 weeks from our move and it is so stressful trying to tie up all the loose ends and pack up stuff.

Any way for those of you that are still waiting I hope it is not much longer.

Congrats to those of you that have recently got their visa's or even just those of you that have made progress.

We are a little over 3 weeks from our move and it is so stressful trying to tie up all the loose ends and pack up stuff.

Any way for those of you that are still waiting I hope it is not much longer.

Good Luck,,,,,

Hi,

I just thought I would pop in with an update, we've booked our flights and leave the UK on 7th April, via Singapore for 2 days and then into Brisbane, we're then going to stay with MIL whilst we try and find jobs, I'm so excited but scared too, it's all become real!!

Sara x

Hi,

I just thought I would pop in with an update, we've booked our flights and leave the UK on 7th April, via Singapore for 2 days and then into Brisbane, we're then going to stay with MIL whilst we try and find jobs, I'm so excited but scared too, it's all become real!!

Sara x

Looks like exciting times ahead Sara, good luck with the move:wubclub:

So, been ages since I posted on here and therefore time to update our circumstances and where I am in the big scheme of things. What a rocky old road it's been for me and my family. Our time is drawing closer and closer and the anxiety is certainly setting in. We have to be on Australian soil by the 1st July 2013 which I'm sure will happen but everything is at a halt until this house gains completion and we can start getting the ball rolling. We will be staying with family in Bournemouth to box everything off and then probably head to South Africa to see family before making our final trip to Perth. We will be staying with my brother and his family in Kinross where I'll sort all the bits and bobs out that need to be done. Work, well, I guess this is my biggest anxiety and due to the line of work I'm qualified in all the places I've been in contact with have said to wait until we have arrived due to police checks etc. In case you wondering what my profession is: Residential childcare Manager/Officer. I have vast experience working with children aged 9-18 with emotional, behavioural and social needs which includes self-harm and abuse. I find my work very rewarding but at the same time extremely challenging at times. I'm hoping to find work in the Government sector or another Company I've kept in touch with. On the money front, well, will have to just wait and see what's on offer.

Anyway, time is going to fly now and it's all beginning to dawn on us. Bring it on I say. A new life with a completely fresh start. A couple of bags in hand and my wife and 4 yr old daughter...that's it!! All I'll have as far as money goes is £10k to make it all happen so wish us luck.

All the best to everyone else who are still going through the visa process and for those that have made the big move already.

Take care

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fultonclan

Hi everyone! Haven't been on for ages we've been so busy!

Quick update....our flights are booked and we fly out to Perth on 3rd June! Yikes! Our dream begins in 4 months!!