176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

Same here, we're going June next year too and it is such an amazing feeling to know that we only have to do one more bitterly cold winter! We just can't wait it's so exciting!

There can't be that many left on the spreadsheet who are still waiting? Good luck to you all if you are!

Rach xxx

You can get through the winter thinking about June:wink:

. Thanks for the good luck wishes, we are still waiting and hoping to have our visa soon :wubclub:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fultonclan
hi all,

visa granted 10.10.12. Am really pleased for everyone having received theirs too and hope that those still waiting don't have to wait much longer. Can you update the spreadsheet for us please.

Many thanks

congratulations!!!!

Hi All,

Visa granted 10.10.12. Am really pleased for everyone having received theirs too and hope that those still waiting don't have to wait much longer. Can you update the spreadsheet for us please.

Many thanks

Congratulations! Sorry for the delay but I don't log on too often now as I'm busy planning our validation trip for April and trying to get our budget to work so that we can make the big move in (wait for it...) August 2015...... :sad:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I lodged a 120 employer spon visa for nursing job in June 12, had acknowledgement email, nothing else. We have had medicals etc. Is anyone else waiting?

Guest ritz2044

Hi,

My visa got granted a week back.

[h=1]Going to Australia to validate my 176 VISA. Is it necessary to travel to Victoria ( where i got sponsorship from ) or I can travel to any other destination just to get it validated.[/h]

Thanks,

Ritesh Soni

Hi All

This forum went from Super overtime posting 2 months ago to a fizzle over the last few weeks. How many of you are still waiting for your meds etc?

Also to those of you that have made the move already, with the cold (and crappy) weather starting in the UK I am sure you are so happy to have done so.

Good luck to all that are still waiting.

Hi All

This forum went from Super overtime posting 2 months ago to a fizzle over the last few weeks. How many of you are still waiting for your meds etc?

Also to those of you that have made the move already, with the cold (and crappy) weather starting in the UK I am sure you are so happy to have done so.

Good luck to all that are still waiting.

Thanks for thinking of the unfortunate ones who are still waiting:confused:

. I am very happy for everyone who went through the process with ease though, not jealous at all:wink:. We might still have quite a wait ahead of us, we are going through a "external security check" due to living in the Middle East in the past ( work). Hopefully we`ll get there as well as the rest of you guys:wubclub:

. Good luck with your trips/permanent moves.

Thanks for thinking of the unfortunate ones who are still waiting:confused:

. I am very happy for everyone who went through the process with ease though, not jealous at all:wink:. We might still have quite a wait ahead of us, we are going through a "external security check" due to living in the Middle East in the past ( work). Hopefully we`ll get there as well as the rest of you guys:wubclub:

. Good luck with your trips/permanent moves.

+1.

Although my lengthy external check is because I live and work in Nigeria. *sigh*

Gosh its hard to believe the stress and strife the visa process entails. I don't visit PIO very often at present as we are going to Perth to validate on 28th March and then plan for the big move (maybe...) at the end of 2015. I am compiling a list of handy facts regarding suburbs, schools etc so that we can try and narrow down where we will end up.... but by the sound of the forums we may end up moving several times (NOR/SOR) before finding our "home"!

Good luck to the few 176 June 2012 gang still waiting for their visa grant. Your patience will be rewarded and you will enjoy Oz just that little bit more once you get there!

Good luck to you :wubclub:

. Let`s see who works faster, the Saudi versus the Nigerian authorities:wink:

:biggrin:

Lol!

After weeks of biting my nails, anticipating and dreading, my CO finally responded and said she was satisfied with my defense to the Natural Justice letter they served me.

I now await the medicals which have been referred since September.

Oh well. I wish you luck as well, my dear.

Lol!

After weeks of biting my nails, anticipating and dreading, my CO finally responded and said she was satisfied with my defense to the Natural Justice letter they served me.

I now await the medicals which have been referred since September.

Oh well. I wish you luck as well, my dear.

Good for you! Hopefully medicals won`t take long now:wubclub:

• 4 weeks later...

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all 176 lodged in June members!! :xmas8:

Wishing all the best to those few who are still waiting for medicals / visa grants.

For those already in Oz - best wishes for your first Christmas downunder!

For those like us who will be spending another Christmas in the UK have a fantastic time with family and friends and good luck for the move downunder (* our plan is to move in August/September 2015 - unless we win the lottery!):jiggy:.

We will post after our reccie to Perth in March/April for anyone interested in finding out how we get on.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all 176 lodged in June members!! :xmas8:

Wishing all the best to those few who are still waiting for medicals / visa grants.

For those already in Oz - best wishes for your first Christmas downunder!

For those like us who will be spending another Christmas in the UK have a fantastic time with family and friends and good luck for the move downunder (* our plan is to move in August/September 2015 - unless we win the lottery!):jiggy:.

We will post after our reccie to Perth in March/April for anyone interested in finding out how we get on.

Merry Christmas and great year 2013 to you :xmas24:.

I am definitelly interested in hearing more personal experiences about Australia so please do share. Hopefully by then we will have our visa too.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Don't come on here often at the moment but want to say congratulations on recent grants and fingers crossed for those waiting. It's our last Christmas here for a while and are all booked to leave for Oz at the beginning of March. Best wishes to you all in 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year June 176'ers!! Haven't been on the thread for ages, but I'm very excited that we've today booked our flights for our reccie - at the beginning of May! :jiggy:

Our plan is to get out to Perth permanently before July 2014. I have been reading that you have to have been on Aus soil for a minimum of two years (730 days) before the 176 runs out of it's 5 year validation period or you can't apply for a resident return once the five years is up.....

This is from the 'Go Matilda' website:

The initial permanent visa that you obtain will allow you to remain in Australia for the rest of your life. However, it also has an expiry date - which is only an issue if you leave Australia after the permanent visa has expired, and want to return to Australia: the initial visa cannot be used to re-enter Australia after it has expired.

Once the initial visa has expired ... if you find yourself intending to travel outside Australia and wanting to return:

... apply for a Resident Return visa. In broad terms this visa is usually a further 5-year permanent residency visa, and might be considered to be a renewal of your initial permanent visa. The key requirement for the grant of a Resident Return visa is to have lived in Australia as a permanent resident for at least 2 years out of the 5 years immediately preceding the date of your visa application.

.....anyone know anything about this?

Edited by KathB35