176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

good morning peeps we have an update

our meds status has now changed to "health requirements finalised" initially we were very excited!!! however we are now doubting the situation?? as we have read on here before that finalised doesn't always mean the visa is granted.

At least there is some change to the process, and we will know soon either way:unsure::unsure:

Have a nice weekend peeps

Elaine x

I would follow the lead of several of the people here. Now that they are finalized email your CO. You may just find a grant email the next day. I remember reading of this happening to at least 4 people.

Edited by dazzmatazz

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flights booked for our validation trip after much searching online.

Flying on 28th March to Perth via Singapore with BA and back on 20th April.

We were surprised at the price we managed to get as had looked at Sinapore Airlines but they were over £4000 for the 4 of us.

Also had a lovely email response to an old school friend who has offered us accommodation and use of a car!! Her generosity is amazing as we havn't seen each other in 12 years - a true friend!

Guest cloud923

Hi, sorry haven't updated in ages. We finally got our visa grant on 07.09.12 if someone could update the spreadsheet please. Reason for delay was our co wanted a copy of our Cert III which app takes 12 weeks to come from Vic Uni. Anyways long story but vic uni still havent got round to even starting the 12 week processing of the cert so had to send request to co for another extension to await cert and he/she must have just decided they were sick waiting for it and granted the visa instead so happy days. Just as well as we had already booked our flights for 24th October. Thank to everyone for all their help on this thread.

Good for you, Cloud!

We are sick of waiting and not knowing what`s going on:mad:. We got a CO on the 26th of July, he only asked for Form 80. We sent it possibly on the 30th ( July). Since then we sent 2 emails - no reply - and my husband called them couple days ago. They said they did receive our form 80 on the 8th of August and to be patient since it isn`t unusual for the visa process to take this time.... well, at least they DO have it..... can`t imagine what could be wrong with Form 80, everything is very transparent, no criminal records etc. We did work in the Middle East so maybe that`s why? Anyone else in the same situation?

Good for you, Cloud!

We are sick of waiting and not knowing what`s going on:mad:. We got a CO on the 26th of July, he only asked for Form 80. We sent it possibly on the 30th ( July). Since then we sent 2 emails - no reply - and my husband called them couple days ago. They said they did receive our form 80 on the 8th of August and to be patient since it isn`t unusual for the visa process to take this time.... well, at least they DO have it..... can`t imagine what could be wrong with Form 80, everything is very transparent, no criminal records etc. We did work in the Middle East so maybe that`s why? Anyone else in the same situation?

Hi Maruska, did they mention how long the processing would take?

Hi Elaine,

Hey Presto, I logged on this morning to see my OH medical showing as finalised. I have therefore emailed my agent for feedback. Watch this space....... Must admit, thought I'd feel a bit more excited about the whole thing and yet I don't feel anything at the moment - so numb by the whole process and so unlike me as I'm normally so positive. Hopefully I'll feel different if and when the visa is granted.

visa granted :biggrin:

Thanks to everyone for their support, we are sooooo happy!!!! eventually got the grant.

Were booking our reccie for may 2013, not unless my hubby gets a job before then?

good luck to everyone on getting theirs real soon.

Elaine xx

Excellent news!!! Congratulations!!!

Thanks to everyone for their support, we are sooooo happy!!!! eventually got the grant.

Were booking our reccie for may 2013, not unless my hubby gets a job before then?

Elaine xx

Congratulations!! All the best for your reccie and eventual move!

Hi Elaine,

Hey Presto, I logged on this morning to see my OH medical showing as finalised. I have therefore emailed my agent for feedback. Watch this space....... Must admit, thought I'd feel a bit more excited about the whole thing and yet I don't feel anything at the moment - so numb by the whole process and so unlike me as I'm normally so positive. Hopefully I'll feel different if and when the visa is granted.

Fantastic news :wink:

Email to follow soon then! The relief is immense, the last few weeks have been so difficult!

Good times ahead Pommie x

Wow! I haven't been on this thread for over a month (been away) and look at all the changes to the spreadsheet! :smile: Congratulations to those who've finally got their visa's granted. Hopefully the 'meds referred' people won't have to wait too much longer....

A question for those people organising their validation trips/reccies: what do you plan to do once your out there? I know some people are treating it as a holiday and doing a bit of sight-seeing etc. while others are setting up interviews, signing on with 'real estate' agents and so on.... We're possibly going for our reccie in March (my 40th! :twitcy:) and I want to make sure we make the most of it!.....

I would follow the lead of several of the people here. Now that they are finalized email your CO. You may just find a grant email the next day. I remember reading of this happening to at least 4 people.

Elaine xx

Had a feeling that would be the case. Excellent news. So happy for you.

Wow! I haven't been on this thread for over a month (been away) and look at all the changes to the spreadsheet! :smile: Congratulations to those who've finally got their visa's granted. Hopefully the 'meds referred' people won't have to wait too much longer....

A question for those people organising their validation trips/reccies: what do you plan to do once your out there? I know some people are treating it as a holiday and doing a bit of sight-seeing etc. while others are setting up interviews, signing on with 'real estate' agents and so on.... We're possibly going for our reccie in March (my 40th! :twitcy:) and I want to make sure we make the most of it!.....

We are going on our reccie from 28th March to 20th April.

We are pre-booking 1 x week holiday rental in Rockhampton for the middle week of our stay (Tree Top Walk / Beach / Swimming with Dolphins) , staying with friends for first few and last few nights and the rest we are pre-booking nights in touristy places (visiting Monkey Mia, Ningallo reef), 1 night with extended family in Northam, 3 days in Perth visiting estate agents, agencies and just getting the feel of the suburbs (friend is giving us a guided 1 day tour of schools just to get an idea of size/variety etc). Rottnest - still debating whether 1 day or 1 night - depends on cost (hotel/lodge on the island looks pricey but may be our one luxury item!).

Sounds more like a military operation than a holiday but we want to get around as much as possible to visit outlying towns which potentially hold jobs for OH (Fitter) as he would prefer not to do FIFO. Will be doing some groundwork on this ahead of our visit.

Wish I could have headed to Perth for my 40th.... but that was a year (or 2...) ago! Will be celebrating my eldest daughter's 6th birthday with a swim with dolphins on the 14th April!:biggrin:

Congratulations Elaine on your visa grant! Hopefully there will be a few more very soon.

We to have been granted our visa – whoo. Looking at booking our flights for Feb 2013 to have a good look around – exciting times ahead.

Hope everyone else gets good news soon.

Thanks for everyone’s help over the past few weeks. Clare x