176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

OMG!!! Visa granted this morning!!! We are so relieved... Must be the quickest medicals referred decision????:yes:

Starting to plan our trip to Perth in March 2013 to validate. Deadline date of entry according to the grant is 13 August 2013.

Woohoo :biggrin: - congratulations SaffanZimbo - brilliant news :jiggy:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG!!! Visa granted this morning!!! We are so relieved... Must be the quickest medicals referred decision????:yes:

Starting to plan our trip to Perth in March 2013 to validate. Deadline date of entry according to the grant is 13 August 2013.

congrats!!!!!! can i ask? do you know why you had a medical referred? just trying to evaluate time scales against those who dont know why and those with known conditions where it was expected, thanks wendy

congrats!!!!!! can i ask? do you know why you had a medical referred? just trying to evaluate time scales against those who dont know why and those with known conditions where it was expected, thanks wendy

My medical was referred as I had 9 units of blood in 2009 during the delivery of my 2nd child and so had to have Hep A & B blood tests (automatic referral) and also have Acne Rosea (mild). OH has Meniere's disease (mild) and had a slightly high blood pressure reading on the day of the medical. Very, very relieved that none of these conditions have denied us a visa!

Congratulations SaffanZimbo, that is such a quick turnaround for your medicals!

I called my Agent yesterday to see if he would be able to contact my CO to ask if they could possibly hurry up my medicals, my Husband may have the opportunity of taking voluntary redundancy in the next few weeks but obviously doesn't want to unless we have our visa grant and we know we're definitely going. The Agent said that he will do but not to get our hopes up as the Health Operations Centre have been taking approximately 6-8 weeks to process referred medicals (although obviously SaffanZambo's was a lot less than that) and haven't been replying to emails sent by my Agent's company. So who knows whether it will work, at least it's worth a shot eh?

Sara

Guest ronkhu

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!

My meds were also referred the same day but no movement at all. Just gotta wait n watch :(

Finally been granted our visa! After what seemed ages of nothing happening, our medicals were referred on the 27th August, finalised on the 30th August and the visa granted yesterday - 31st August. We need to be in Victoria by July 24th 2013.... All in all, the whole process of applying for the 176 sponsored visa took about eight months including IELTS, AITSL, state sponsorship and registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching.

We've just got back from a two week trip to Victoria and loved it - only need to choose where to live and find two jobs :)

Anybody else feeling shell-shocked? Very excited but very aware of the hard work and stress ahead...

congratulations to all with visa granted. our visa approved on 16 aug just before our holiday..

Thank you everyone for the help in the past month. :biggrin:

Finally been granted our visa! After what seemed ages of nothing happening, our medicals were referred on the 27th August, finalised on the 30th August and the visa granted yesterday - 31st August. We need to be in Victoria by July 24th 2013.... All in all, the whole process of applying for the 176 sponsored visa took about eight months including IELTS, AITSL, state sponsorship and registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching.

We've just got back from a two week trip to Victoria and loved it - only need to choose where to live and find two jobs :)

Anybody else feeling shell-shocked? Very excited but very aware of the hard work and stress ahead...

Congratulations helen and flossy on your visa grants :smile:

Congratulations to everyone who got their visa grants. Here's hoping all those still waiting get positive news soon.

Yeah!!! Got our visa grant yesterday and it still hasnt sunk in! Booking flights today for Melbourne so should be there this weekend - cant wait!!!

Thanks to all the folks who answered our questions on this formum for the last year and a half!!:biglaugh:

Guest jennaire

Just to update! Our visa was granted today!!! I'm writing this with tears in my eyes. We got the ball rolling in November & lodged the visa in June. My medicals were referred on the 30th July but thankfully it was approved the last few days and visa granted 4/9/12! So 10 long months of stressing.. has it been worth it?

Hell yeah!! :cool:

P.S Thanks to all of those who have answered my panicked questions over the last while x

Just to update! Our visa was granted today!!! I'm writing this with tears in my eyes. We got the ball rolling in November & lodged the visa in June. My medicals were referred on the 30th July but thankfully it was approved the last few days and visa granted 4/9/12! So 10 long months of stressing.. has it been worth it?

P.S Thanks to all of those who have answered my panicked questions over the last while x

Congratulations!! All the best for your move downunder.

We are still in a state of shock and feel quite numb but going out tomorrow evening to celebrate and also thank my ever patient OH for being so supportive of my moodiness throughout this process and give MIL who goes home to South Africa on Friday a break from looking after the 2 girls for the past 8 weeks (and yes she is still sane!).

OH is of course taking all the credit for getting the visa as the paperwork according to him was "a walk in the park"..... I reserve my comments!

Hey all,

After medical referred on 24th July, it was finalized on 3rd September and we were awoken to a magic email at 2am today with our notice of visa grant, yay!

Can be updated on spreadsheet

Congratulations jennaire and waynel on youor visa grants :biggrin:

Hi Gang!

This friday is the 28th day / deadline for submitting additional documents, so I sent my CO an email asking if there was anything else I should send, just to be sure.

This is his reply: "Your application is not yet ready for finalisation pending other follow up. I will let you know as soon as I can finalise your application. "

What do you guys think? Am I in the clear here? :(

Guest fultonclan
Morning all

Got that magical email this morning!! Visa granted - yippee!!

Thank you for all the advice and chat on here, it's been invaluable.

Katy x

Yey!! Huge congratulations! Time for you to celebrate:biggrin:

Rach xx

Guest Elle Kay

I got the grant!

They received my medicals 1 August 2012. They made a work reference check 2 weeks ago. And today I emailed them asking if they have any updates on the progress of my application and ta-da, they replied with the Visa Grant. I'm still in shock.

And I genuinely can't thank the people here enough. Reading the threads have provided me with excellent support. xoxo

Archived