176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

Hi

Our medicals were finalised on 10th August, I emailed my CO on Wednesday 15th to advise all medicals were finalised and we had our VISA Grant email on the morning of Friday 17th , it may be worth dropping your CO an email!

Good luck!

Congrads! I sent an e-mail to my CO last night after reading your post, so hoping to get a grant soon. I see that Vazz did them same and he got a grant a day later. Thanks for the info!!!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning all

Our meds have been referred since 30/07/12 is anyone in the same position to us? we were kinda expecting them to be referred, anyways has anyone experienced this situation? and if so how long did this process take for u?

thanking u lovely peeps in advance :biggrin:

Hello,

I have been following this thread for weeks now and thought I would post some info. My medicals were referred on the 23/7/12 and my meds were finally finalized on the 20/08/12. My hubby sent an email to the co this morning just to push them a bit so hopefully our visa will be granted in the next few days!! Fingers crosses that everyone in the June group will receive all golden tickets soon!!

:)

Guest fultonclan
looks like we have a lot in common :wink: without being too nosey were u expecting yours to be referred???

i will keep u posted :biggrin: and good luck

Yes, I knew mine would get referred, I have rheumatoid arthritis so it was no surprise.

Rach x

Mine referred 10th August so I'm way behind you! Lol!

Rach x

Me too! I'm hoping maybe in another 2 weeks or so for me. I am SOO impatient and this whole visa process is putting my patience to new unknown levels :cute: x

Yes, I knew mine would get referred, I have rheumatoid arthritis so it was no surprise.

Rach x

yeah us too, unfortunately the oh had cancer 3+yrs ago (tumor removed no futher treatment) so dr told us to expect it.

lets hope it isnt toooo long lol

Elaine xx

Congrats Vaz, finally after having to wait for your baby's new passport and all that. When are you looking to fly out?

Not entirely sure yet - but hopefully soon, LOL. We aren't tied down by a house (we're renting and just recently switched to month-to-month payment) so theoretically we could make the move at any time. The entire content of our small abode would most likely fit in a 10-14 feet long truck. The plan is to sell most of the stuff and try to migrate with as little things as possible. Of course certain items will definitely be taken with us (scuba gear, photography gear, computers, gaming consoles, etc) - but the rest of big things (couch, TV, car, desks, etc) will be either sold or given away to families.

The problem we're facing - we may be forced to pay for additional baggage or ship via post office as we won't have enough things to ship in a half/container/cube/whatever :-) I'll probably start poking in the Transport & Shipping forum looking for an answer.

Aside from that - I'm applying for jobs in the Sydney/NSW area but getting a job without physically being in the country might be quite difficult - but one can't loose hope :-)

Not entirely sure yet - but hopefully soon, LOL. We aren't tied down by a house (we're renting and just recently switched to month-to-month payment) so theoretically we could make the move at any time. The entire content of our small abode would most likely fit in a 10-14 feet long truck. The plan is to sell most of the stuff and try to migrate with as little things as possible. Of course certain items will definitely be taken with us (scuba gear, photography gear, computers, gaming consoles, etc) - but the rest of big things (couch, TV, car, desks, etc) will be either sold or given away to families.

The problem we're facing - we may be forced to pay for additional baggage or ship via post office as we won't have enough things to ship in a half/container/cube/whatever :-) I'll probably start poking in the Transport & Shipping forum looking for an answer.

Aside from that - I'm applying for jobs in the Sydney/NSW area but getting a job without physically being in the country might be quite difficult - but one can't loose hope :-)

Hi Vaz

Not sure if Anglo-Pacific have an office your way, but they are worth talking to. My husband was talking to a chap there yesterday about export our Landrover Series 3 (it's a classic and he is an enthusiast - he'd rather leave me behind than the car!), and they told him that if you are exporting one car they will put it in a 40ft container, then build an internal wooden wall, and fill the rest of the crate with other people's belongings, thus reducing the shipping costs for both sides. This suggests that you don't have to have a full container's worth. If you need their contact details, send me a PM and I can give you our UK contact and he may be able to refer you to a local office. Alternatively their website may be able to help you. Out of the three firms we have contacted, they have been the most helpful and efficient.

We might also be in the same boat of having to ship a small amount ourselves. My husband has got a job with the RAN and they have said they will ship a certain amount (excluding the car which we fully expected), but they may quibble with the amount of stuff we have (car enthusiast + baking enthusiast - neither of us will leave anything behind), so we may have to do some stuff ourselves. However, having spoken to several others and read several books on living out there, we've been told to take our own things and just switch the plugs over when we get there, as the cost of white goods is apparently extortionate. Let us know what you find out!

Regards

Carolyn

Morning all

Our meds have been referred since 30/07/12 is anyone in the same position to us? we were kinda expecting them to be referred, anyways has anyone experienced this situation? and if so how long did this process take for u?

thanking u lovely peeps in advance :biggrin:

Hiya

We were referred on 30th July too, so we’ll have to compare our progress lol!

I wasn’t really expecting to be referred, although I did wonder if I would. I have mild asthma and eczema. The panel doctors have graded me ok and they are unsure of why I have been referred so I’m hoping it’s this and nothing else lol Clare x

Hi everyone,

I sat on the live chat thing tonight and have taken a few pages of notes. It's mainly in relation to shipping / banking but if anyone wants a copy message me and I will send it. Hopefully will be able to understand it, its just some bullet points that I have cut and pasted from the chats!

Ali

Whoooop....whoooop....

VISA GRANT for me today!!!!

my timeline is bellow if I can be added to the spreadsheet I would be most grateful.

IELTS 3: 24.09.2011: 8, 9, 7, 7

Vetassess + 8.02.12 + points letter

Applied for ACT SS on 15.03.2012.... got it in june

176 lodged 25.06.2012

meds done 09.07.2012 (frontloaded)....referred from 11/16.07.2012...finalised 20.08.2012

CO 20.07.2012

GRANT 22.08.2012

Whoooop....whoooop....

my timeline is bellow if I can be added to the spreadsheet I would be most grateful.

176 lodged 25.08.2012

meds done 09.07.2012 (frontloaded)....referred from 11/16.07.2012...finalised 20.08.2012

CO 20.07.2012

GRANT 22.08.2012

Congratulations! All the best for your new life downunder.

Chased our agent last night as medicals shown as finalised for both daughters since 15th and 17th August and OH and my "further medicals received" since 18th August.... According to the response from our CO she says she is "waiting for our medicals to clear" - what does this mean??? Hoping it means that she is just waiting for someone to press the magic button saying "visa granted"?? :confused:

Usually means that they have your medical information and are just waiting on your blood test result and chest X-Ray result before finalising, assuming they are no referred. Kids medicals clear quicker as they don't have the blood test or X-Ray.

Chased our agent last night as medicals shown as finalised for both daughters since 15th and 17th August and OH and my "further medicals received" since 18th August.... According to the response from our CO she says she is "waiting for our medicals to clear" - what does this mean??? Hoping it means that she is just waiting for someone to press the magic button saying "visa granted"?? :confused:

Hi All,

Visa granted today!! Woop Woop!! Been a long wait but this forum has helped greatly. Hope that all the June gang receive grants soon :):jiggy:

Whoooop....whoooop....

176 lodged 25.08.2012

CO 20.07.2012

GRANT 22.08.2012

Congratulations Anna and mihaitza on your visa grants - fantastic news :biggrin:

Congratulations to everyone who has had their visa's granted over the past few weeks its great to see the spreadsheet turning red :-)

We are still waiting which is really starting to be a killer. Our medical's were done on the 23rd of July and all finalized on the 27th July which will be 4 WEEKS this Friday!!! and heard nothing back... We emailed our agent last week.. and again on monday and nothing back from him:mad:, so we emailed the CO ourself yesterday so fingers crossed we will get the golden ticket any time soon :biggrin:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa granted today! Thank God for that! Thank you all you have been great and all the best to all who are waiting. Like Vazz and some1 else on the forum said e-mail your CO if you have sent everything and you are still waiting. I did that Monday night and Visa granted today!!

Hi everyone,

I sat on the live chat thing tonight and have taken a few pages of notes. It's mainly in relation to shipping / banking but if anyone wants a copy message me and I will send it. Hopefully will be able to understand it, its just some bullet points that I have cut and pasted from the chats!

Ali

Hi Ali

Be great to have a copy of what you have found out. The more information the better.

Ali

Hi everyone,

Ali

Hi Ali,

I'd definitely be interested in that - I'll PM you my private email.

I only caught a part of the conversation from last night on chat (still lingers there) and it seemed the price for a shipping a Tea Carton (48x44x61 inches) was 170 GBP and taking 10-14 days? I guess I could live with that (definitely better than paying 4k GBP for a container and waiting 8-12 weeks :-)

Whoooop....whoooop....

176 lodged 25.08.2012

CO 20.07.2012

GRANT 22.08.2012

Mihaitza - I've added you to the spreadsheet :-)

I assumed though that you haven't came from the future and the 176 visa was actually lodged on 25.06.2012 and not 25.08.2012 :-D

Also, if you could provide the following information:

Team #

Destination

Occupation

DIY/Agent?

Hi Ali,

I'd definitely be interested in that - I'll PM you my private email.

I only caught a part of the conversation from last night on chat (still lingers there) and it seemed the price for a shipping a Tea Carton (48x44x61 inches) was 170 GBP and taking 10-14 days? I guess I could live with that (definitely better than paying 4k GBP for a container and waiting 8-12 weeks :-)

I agree with Vazz there.

Much of my furniture is pretty old and not worth taking over. I am going to be packing a few plastic creates with clothes, books, photo albums and some kitchen stuff. I will also be taking some sporting gear and that's about it. A full shipping container from South Africa cost the direct equivalent of around GBP5500 but to ship a few creates that take up about the size of say 6x side by side 12 place automatic dishwashers will only cost around GBP1000 or Less. So I will sell up much of my stuff on this side and replace in OZ. The 4k that I am saving on shipping can rather be used, in conjunction with the money I get for selling the stuff to upgrade and get better furniture.

Archived