176 lodged May 2012

Jars

ONE VISA GRANTED THIS MORNING...

Well Guys this morning at 1.12am We got that email saying that the visa has been granted and we cant stop smiling, we decided that we wanted to go back to oz 7 years ago and we have been working hard since and the hard work finally paid off...

The OH got the email and when we found out that the visa had been approved we couldn't get back to sleep, It OK for me as im off work for another week as i had a operation on my finger, but she has to go to work, poor bugger...

And I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to every one that has helped and supported us in this long,hard, and emotional journey...

Still cant believe it,we have wanted this for so long and i dont think that its sunk in yet... WOOP WOOP

Hurray! Looking forward to meeting you both on the other side. Congratulations x

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Guys this morning at 1.12am We got that email saying that the visa has been granted and we cant stop smiling, we decided that we wanted to go back to oz 7 years ago and we have been working hard since and the hard work finally paid off...

The OH got the email and when we found out that the visa had been approved we couldn't get back to sleep, It OK for me as im off work for another week as i had a operation on my finger, but she has to go to work, poor bugger...

And I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to every one that has helped and supported us in this long,hard, and emotional journey...

Still cant believe it,we have wanted this for so long and i dont think that its sunk in yet... WOOP WOOP

Awesome!!! So pleased for you both - you deserve it after that long wait. See you on the beach :biggrin:

Hi Nishi, looking at your signature and I'm quite astonished! You applied since March and still no grant? Which country are you from? You also seemed to have uploaded your medicals before your employment verification, does this mean you "front loaded" them?

Hi Walvia,

I'm not used to things coming easy my way ;), well least it seems so. Nope I didn't front-load the medicals and was asked by my CO to do it. However later on I got to know about verification so updated my signature. I was asked for further evidence of employment as they thought my duties had been exaggerated (wth).

I'm astonished too, why things haven't worked out properly for me :(. But keeping hopes alive:). I have submitted my reply to the DIAC couple of weeks ago with as much evidence as possible and now just waiting. BTW I'm from India.

You're Kidding me. My god, massive congratulations to you, what a relief! Set yourself loose now and have one heck of partyyyyyyyyyyy:jiggy:

Biggest of congrats to Pablo and Sh3p69, over the moon for you guys, and to the others who have gotten grants. We've been very getting the last few bits and pieces together before we head. Thanks to all who helped us along the way, this forum rocks.

Enjoy it sh3p69!! At last, the final grant!! cheers on the beers you´re gonna take this week off!! jaja.

What fantastic news for a Monday morning - huge congratulations sh3p69 :biggrin::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

So my dear friends. Who is still waiting from the MAY GANG? I´m not following the chart. I hope the best for those ones!!!

Thank you very much to all those great wishes for my grant! It´s been easier with you to help us and advising us in the way. Now, my OH and I will be talikng this coming wednesday (as I have my free roster week, work in a mine FIFO) and decide when to leave my country. I now it´s gonna be such a change in our lives. We still have no children but wish to do it soon and think it´s going to be harder in other country and alone. SO, I hope we all could make some thread for keeping in touch and, why not, get to know each other in Oz.

By the way, we´re going to Perth (WA) and now nobody there. I hope some of you too, let´s start a thread on that matter!! What are your thoughts? Or is there already one? I really didn't check it.

BEST LUCK FOR THE LAST ONES!! MAKE YOURSELVES APPEAR ON THE THREAD!

Wow! Many congratulations sh3p69!!!! Isn't it a great feeling??? Enjoy your celebrations this week!

So my dear friends. Who is still waiting from the MAY GANG? I´m not following the chart. I hope the best for those ones!!!

Thank you very much to all those great wishes for my grant! It´s been easier with you to help us and advising us in the way. Now, my OH and I will be talikng this coming wednesday (as I have my free roster week, work in a mine FIFO) and decide when to leave my country. I now it´s gonna be such a change in our lives. We still have no children but wish to do it soon and think it´s going to be harder in other country and alone. SO, I hope we all could make some thread for keeping in touch and, why not, get to know each other in Oz.

By the way, we´re going to Perth (WA) and now nobody there. I hope some of you too, let´s start a thread on that matter!! What are your thoughts? Or is there already one? I really didn't check it.

BEST LUCK FOR THE LAST ONES!! MAKE YOURSELVES APPEAR ON THE THREAD!

Have you joined the May group if you click on the above tab 'groups' on the same line as forum etc it takes you to the group for everyone in the May team to join to keep in touch :)

Hi Walvia,

I'm not used to things coming easy my way ;), well least it seems so. Nope I didn't front-load the medicals and was asked by my CO to do it. However later on I got to know about verification so updated my signature. I was asked for further evidence of employment as they thought my duties had been exaggerated (wth).

I'm astonished too, why things haven't worked out properly for me :(. But keeping hopes alive:). I have submitted my reply to the DIAC couple of weeks ago with as much evidence as possible and now just waiting. BTW I'm from India.

I think you have waited longer than me Nishi. I can't believe they are putting your case through even more scrutiny. You have done all you can and provided as much extra information as you could. There is no reason for them not to grant. Its awful to leave you hanging around so long. Still watching out for your grant

Millie x

Hi Walvia,

Oh yeah, I remember reading something from you a while back where I think they suggested that you should withdraw your application as they thought you over exaggerated your claims. The irony of that!

I understand DIAC are trying to ensure that only the most skilled workers get into Australia but when one is faced with such scrutiny, it can be a bit daunting and even (dare I say) insulting.

I know India is a High Risk country but the turn around for visas for Indians usually doesn't take this long. I wonder how you cope with all the waiting, you must be way stronger than me.

I'm from Nigeria and lodged my application in June and it is VERY frustrating seeing people who lodged their visas after me get grants simply because of where I am from. Last week, after writing my CO to ask what was going on in my application, she wrote back to request contact details of my current employers and university (information which was available on the letterheads submitted), meaning, not much attention was being paid to my application in the first instance and she wouldn't have requested the information if I hadn't mailed her.

I have gone ahead and done my PCC and medicals though I haven't been asked for them. I just took the risk to have my medicals get sent off, upload my form 80 and PCC....and just wait.

I just don't care anymore.:realmad:

Finally!!!! Big congrats to you man, when are you looking to fly out?

Absolutely fantastic!!!! What a huge relief after such a long wait!! Congratulations, enjoy your celebrations:biggrin:

Oh yeah, I remember reading something from you a while back where I think they suggested that you should withdraw your application as they thought you over exaggerated your claims. The irony of that!

I understand DIAC are trying to ensure that only the most skilled workers get into Australia but when one is faced with such scrutiny, it can be a bit daunting and even (dare I say) insulting.

I know India is a High Risk country but the turn around for visas for Indians usually doesn't take this long. I wonder how you cope with all the waiting, you must be way stronger than me.

I'm from Nigeria and lodged my application in June and it is VERY frustrating seeing people who lodged their visas after me get grants simply because of where I am from. Last week, after writing my CO to ask what was going on in my application, she wrote back to request contact details of my current employers and university (information which was available on the letterheads submitted), meaning, not much attention was being paid to my application in the first instance and she wouldn't have requested the information if I hadn't mailed her.

I have gone ahead and done my PCC and medicals though I haven't been asked for them. I just took the risk to have my medicals get sent off, upload my form 80 and PCC....and just wait.

I just don't care anymore.:realmad:

Sorry to hear you guys are going through all that, walvia and Nishi. Don't understand why they are giving you guys such a hard time. I'm hoping they sort out whatever is wrong and that you get your grants quickly. Fingers crossed for you both.

Finally!!!! Big congrats to you man, when are you looking to fly out?

We are looking at the middle of November, the OHs brother has a best friend that works for BA, so hoping that he can maybe work his magic with a cheap upgrade, You never know, But if he cant we will be looking at other flights soon WoooooP WoooooP...

Archived