176 lodged May 2012

Jars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big thanks to everyone for your kind comments.

I have kept away from sites such as Seek and Real Estate as I Have found it so frustrating not having the Visa granted you always fear the worse case, but today I am back on the hunt!! we don't go out until next July due to daughters finishing GCSE and A levels, But I am planning a recce for March mainly to Validate Visa (expense I could do without). It would be helpful to hear from the ones moving soon about some of your experiences and how you are all coping.

Big congrats Dean74. Have a great time.Can anybody tell me the phone number of medical centre which process Meds? Actually i did my meds on 9/6/2012 and the same day it shows (Blood Report,X-ray, form 160, 26) received but nothing has changed yet. I want to call them to know the stutus of my Meds whether it is processed or not?Please help me regarding this. I am from BD and its a HR country. One of my Friends 176 visa took 9 months to complete. I am really worried abt the procesing time.

Big thanks to everyone for your kind comments.

I have kept away from sites such as Seek and Real Estate as I Have found it so frustrating not having the Visa granted you always fear the worse case, but today I am back on the hunt!! we don't go out until next July due to daughters finishing GCSE and A levels, But I am planning a recce for March mainly to Validate Visa (expense I could do without). It would be helpful to hear from the ones moving soon about some of your experiences and how you are all coping.

Dont forget to keep an eye on the May group!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/groups/may-2012-team.html

:biggrin:

Yeah, I've had to revert the spreadsheet a few times already. Not sure why someone keeps doing that... it's really annoying! Anyway, it's fixed now!

I think its the pesky "June Gang" doing it as the frustration is setting in at all the VISA grants that has happened this week... lol :mask:

I think its the pesky "June Gang" doing it as the frustration is setting in at all the VISA grants that has happened this week... lol :mask:
To be honest the June gangs spread sheet was targeted by someone over a significant period there are loads of messages about it so it may be a good idea to protect it from being edited for a while allowing just a few to update it!

Guest Flopsie17
Visa Granted this Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for advice and support through the past 3 months.

Hope the remaining get theirs soon!

travel-australia.jpg

MASSIVE congrats!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest the June gangs spread sheet was targeted by someone over a significant period there are loads of messages about it so it may be a good idea to protect it from being edited for a while allowing just a few to update it!

If it is possible to do that, please do so!! Maybe nycplanner could recommend the users for permission.

Shame guys this wait must be a killer. I really hope things happen for you.

We had our spread sheet completely messed with. People were deleted and things changed around all the time. It got to the stage where we had to protect the sheet and only give a few people access to it. Very frustrating but worked in the end.

I suggest the people who update it the most would be the best ones such as NYC and Jars if they don't mind the responsibility!

I've now locked the spreadsheet. I check this thread regularly so if you have any updates (grants, departure dates) post them in here and I'll make sure to update the sheet. I certainly don't mind the responsibility of maintaining the sheet but if anyone else is interested in being an editor, just send me a PM with your email address and I'll add you on! (I think you need to have a gmail account, which is free to set up.)

Good luck to the rest of the May crew! Fingers crossed for you all. We had a great run last week - let's hope we get a repeat of that this week!

Hope you´re right Dean74, however some of the gang who were referred on the same day have already gotten their grants. I hope this week is THE WEEK!!! Thank you.

We are in the same boat as you, Pablo Rodrigo. My OH also got referred on the 9th of July 6 weeks today...

Hope this is our week as we have this week off work,fitting a new bathroom ready for when we rent it out when we make the great adventure, So if we did get the grant this week that means the OH will let me out of the bathroom and maybe we would go for a pint, you know the things that your supposed to do when your on holiday,Relaxing...

Guest quirky24

Hi,

Did your COs ask for the meds or did you load them before being asked?

Thanks,

Catherine (176 visa CO assigned 2nd May)

Hi,

Did your COs ask for the meds or did you load them before being asked?

Thanks,

Catherine (176 visa CO assigned 2nd May)

Hi when you were assigned CO, did he not ask you to go ahead and meds/pcc done, thats what normally happens unless they require extra info from you. I would be emailing your CO asap as this is a long old wait of not going further with the application. Good luck

Guest quirky24

Hi Shelly,

I emailed to ask if I had been assigned a CO as I needed to provide new passport details after we had them stolen, and I was told I had one and my application was being processed. Not heard anything since, other than confirmation that my record had been updated with the new passports.

Catherine

Hi Shelly,

I emailed to ask if I had been assigned a CO as I needed to provide new passport details after we had them stolen, and I was told I had one and my application was being processed. Not heard anything since, other than confirmation that my record had been updated with the new passports.

Catherine

They are probably still verifying your documents. In some cases, it can take awhile. Some people choose to "front load" their medicals and PCCs - that is, to apply for them before being asked for them by a CO. However, if the verification process takes awhile, you may be forced to activate your visa very quickly as you only get 1 year from the date of either your meds or PCCs (whichever is first) to activate it. This can result in an expensive trip to Australia if you're not yet ready to move. So it's a bit of a gamble. If you're planning to move down straight away, it might be worthwhile to you.

Archived