176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Hi there guys and thank you all for the great messages, we still cant stop smiling:biggrin:

All you guys that are going to Perth, were about are you all going to, we are looking at quinns rock North of Perth, we know that its about a 30 minute drive to the city center but that's not really a problem...

So were abouts are you guys going and do you know which places to avoid, we did live there about 7 years ago, but things change, have been told to avoid clarkson and butler, any help would be great... Plus are any of you going straight into rented accommodation or are you doing a holiday let for the first few weeks...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONE VISA GRANTED THIS MORNING...

Well Guys this morning at 1.12am We got that email saying that the visa has been granted and we cant stop smiling, we decided that we wanted to go back to oz 7 years ago and we have been working hard since and the hard work finally paid off...

The OH got the email and when we found out that the visa had been approved we couldn't get back to sleep, It OK for me as im off work for another week as i had a operation on my finger, but she has to go to work, poor bugger...

And I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to every one that has helped and supported us in this long,hard, and emotional journey...

Still cant believe it,we have wanted this for so long and i dont think that its sunk in yet... WOOP WOOP

Bit late but really pleased for you!!!!

Hey Louise, great news for you.........AND YOU KNOW WHAT???????

I JUST CHECKED MY APPLICATION STATUS GUYS!!!!! ​:arghh:AND FINALLY I'VE GOT THE GRANT!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:WOWWWWWWWWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOOWOWOW:arghh: I can't believe it, it’s like a dream come true!! Incredible!! It says "applicant approved" both for me and my OH!! I still didn’t receive my agent's email but I am sure he will write tomorrow or I will write him. Anyways guys, I WAS APPROVED together with my meds finalized and everything.

I think the July-9-referred ones were somehow forgotten but August 30 was the date!!! For those who are still waiting don't surrender to this long path and keep on with all that faith. Ohh by the way, I would like all of you to know that 2 days ago I called GH which probably make them hurry with the papers, I don't know but I would definitely recommend to call them if after a while there is no response from DIAC. Maybe it is a coincidence but when I called, a nice lady told me that I would be hearing news soon.........and that's it 2 days after I RECEIVED THE APPROVAL!!!

:arghh:THANKS TO ALL OF YOU AND KEEP ON WITH THIS FANTASTIC FORUM!!:arghh:

Well done and enjoy!!!!

We are looking at the middle of November, the OHs brother has a best friend that works for BA, so hoping that he can maybe work his magic with a cheap upgrade, You never know, But if he cant we will be looking at other flights soon WoooooP WoooooP...

Just in time for pre christmas drinks then? :biggrin:

Hi there guys and thank you all for the great messages, we still cant stop smiling:biggrin:

All you guys that are going to Perth, were about are you all going to, we are looking at quinns rock North of Perth, we know that its about a 30 minute drive to the city center but that's not really a problem...

So were abouts are you guys going and do you know which places to avoid, we did live there about 7 years ago, but things change, have been told to avoid clarkson and butler, any help would be great... Plus are any of you going straight into rented accommodation or are you doing a holiday let for the first few weeks...

We are going to Shenton Park so NOR also - there for 2 months initially. Not sure where we will head after that. Quite fancy Rockingham, Freo, Mandurah etc, but really depends whether we can let go of the convenience of being right in the city centre, and where we end up working. x

Hi sh3p69,

Just wondering why to avoid Butler and Clarkson? we have been researching for areas to live for almost 10 months now and always thought that these places were nice areas, we really want a nice and safe area for kids with easy commute to Perth shops. I was told by our agent to avoid Balga and East Perth as these are crime hot-spots. Does anyone know what Canning vale is like as this is ideally situated for my career.

We are going to Shenton Park so NOR also - there for 2 months initially. Not sure where we will head after that. Quite fancy Rockingham, Freo, Mandurah etc, but really depends whether we can let go of the convenience of being right in the city centre, and where we end up working. x

WOW, right next to Kings Park, it is so beautiful there in Kings Park, when we lived there we went there a lot, once you have lived there i think you might find it hard to leave LoL...

Rockingham looks nice, and just a short walk to the beach and the rent looks good prices for were you are...

BUT WOW, not long now until you board that flight... Pleases keep us all updated with how it all goes...

Hi sh3p69,

Just wondering why to avoid Butler and Clarkson? we have been researching for areas to live for almost 10 months now and always thought that these places were nice areas, we really want a nice and safe area for kids with easy commute to Perth shops. I was told by our agent to avoid Balga and East Perth as these are crime hot-spots. Does anyone know what Canning vale is like as this is ideally situated for my career.

Hi there Dean74, i have only been told by one person to not go there as they said that there are a lot of council owned type home there which are occupied by the unemployed , drug users and drunks so it attracts the crime, that's why the rent is a little cheaper. but when looking, there are some nice home around there so i dont know myself. Like i said it was only one person that has said this to me, as one persons view is not everyone's, that's why i have come here to ask for a little help from you guys, i have only just began to do my research and i know that some of you guys like yourself have been researching a lot longer then me,so a little help from all you guys would be a great help...

Guest kamrulbuet

Yesterday I checked the status of my application & found that all the related field was showing met except experience. My experience is showing as " Further checking required". I lodged my application on 21st May'12. I am the person of High Risk country. Could you tell me the meaning of this update status?

PLease help me.............

WOW, right next to Kings Park, it is so beautiful there in Kings Park, when we lived there we went there a lot, once you have lived there i think you might find it hard to leave LoL...

Rockingham looks nice, and just a short walk to the beach and the rent looks good prices for were you are...

BUT WOW, not long now until you board that flight... Pleases keep us all updated with how it all goes...

I agree - I think I may want to stay in the area.

Just over 3 weeks till we fly. Jars goes the day after us.

Will definitely keep you updated. Looking forward to the May gang meet up - how cool is that going to be?

Yesterday I checked the status of my application & found that all the related field was showing met except experience. My experience is showing as " Further checking required". I lodged my application on 21st May'12. I am the person of High Risk country. Could you tell me the meaning of this update status?

PLease help me.............

it is sounding really good and that every thing has been met they still need to do the checking for your employment history and then you should get the email to go for police history and medicals - they will probably just ring your employers and so on to check the tasks you carried out- good luck with it all

Good morning Guys and hope you all had a good weekend, Just a little quick one to see how you all are doing, any flights booked over the weekend...

It is quiet on here, isn't it? Wonder where Pablo is :wink:

This is my LAST week at work - counting down the hours now. This time in 3 weeks we will be sunning it up in Perth. :jiggy:How's everyone else getting on?

Hey all, so the final countdown has begun, we fly on friday, the butterflies have started. The packing will really begin this week, getting the last few bits and pieces together.

So we had great news on friday, Amy got a job and starts 5 days after we land, so its all very exciting. Now we just have to say all the goodbyes, chill in Dubai for a few days then back to work again.

We will get the beers chilled for when u all arrive over.

will let you know how it all goes when we land.

Hey all, so the final countdown has begun, we fly on friday, the butterflies have started. The packing will really begin this week, getting the last few bits and pieces together.

So we had great news on friday, Amy got a job and starts 5 days after we land, so its all very exciting. Now we just have to say all the goodbyes, chill in Dubai for a few days then back to work again.

We will get the beers chilled for when u all arrive over.

will let you know how it all goes when we land.

That's great news re Amy's job! Where abouts in Perth will you be staying? We will be in Rockingham until mid December. Good luck with the last few days

That's great news re Amy's job! Where abouts in Perth will you be staying? We will be in Rockingham until mid December. Good luck with the last few days

Hi Jars,

We are going to be staying close enough to Subiaco, (Dalkeith I think) until the first or second week of Oct, but hope to have our own place by the start of Oct.

We shall enjoy our last few days.

Rockingham is lovely, they have a "British Sweet Shop" its not cheap but it has a few of the bits and pieces from home that you can't get in the supermarkets.

It's getting so close for everyone now. I hope everyone lets us know how they are getting on. We leave on 2nd November. Can't believe it is less than 8 weeks now. Only 34 days left to work my job which I will not miss one little bit. Good luck with your preparations everyone

Millie x

Hmm really good that everybody are thinking abt flight booking. But we the pending are still very much frustrated what to do? We only 6 are left still to get visa. Me (pols008), Lara24, sophyjosh, trailblazer, Roys & Shoaib. Dont know how long they would take to think abt us? Did they forget abt us!!!!!

is it still the meds that are holding you back if so why dont you try and give then a ring and ask how its going, that seemed to work for a lot of people on the other thread...

It will happen soon for you guy,and it will be worth the wait...

Hmm really good that everybody are thinking abt flight booking. But we the pending are still very much frustrated what to do? We only 6 are left still to get visa. Me (pols008), Lara24, sophyjosh, trailblazer, Roys & Shoaib. Dont know how long they would take to think abt us? Did they forget abt us!!!!!

Archived