Guest guest36187

Well immi never fails to surprise - my husband and I were fired up by @AlanSteel and we too sent email to immi saying as so close could we not have our HAP NO. We had response within 1/2 hour saying ..............YES you can as so close and gave us numbers and we have now booked for next Monday. Nothing ventured nothing gained Kim

That's good news for you; but from what I see from your signature line you have moved from a 173 to the 143 so different rules seem to apply than to those of us that went straight for the 143.

Good luck

Steve

Well done Kim! Just show it never hurts to try.

We paid our second vac today. it went like this ....

Re - read the immi letter three times, just to make sure everything is clear.

Write out details - we have no printer.

Go to the bank.

Wait in queue

It is very hot.

Get bankers cheque

Immigration letter says you can use Billpay 'online, by post or in person.'

We go to Australia post in person.

Post office lady doesn't know about paying in person. She says you can only pay online.

It's still very hot.

We point out that the department of immigration and border control have told us we can pay this way.

Husband is sweating a bit now.

Post office lady is vague. "Aren't you on the internet then?"

We cite post office leaflet.

It says you can pay in person.

We just can't find the leaflet now.

Post office lady looks confused.

She wants the bill.

We have no printer, have hand written details.

She wants the bill.

We leave post office.

It's even more hot.

We have a cheque for 87,200 dollars in my handbag.

We are confused.

Husband is swearing a bit now.

We remember alternative post office.

Alternative post office man seems to know what he is doing.

He wants the letter,

We still have no printer.

Its even more hot.

Alternative post office man indicates large corner shop.

"They print," he says.

We cross the road.

It's still very hot.

Husband is sweating lots more now.

Very drippy.

Nice shop man shows us computer, cunningly disguised as an arrangement of washing up liquid.

Two dollars later we have the bill.

Back to alternative post office.

We wave the letter about.

Everyone smiles.

Alternative post office man hands over receipt.

"Welcome to Australia"

Nice cup of tea.

:wink:

Brilliant news - well done for the perseverance!

You should have taken a towel and Paracetamol with you (other pain killerds are available!).

I bet the tea tasted so good though!

Edited by Steve2

Go to the bank.

Wait in queue

It is very hot.

Get bankers cheque

Post office lady doesn't know about paying in person. She says you can only pay online.

It's still very hot.

We point out that the department of immigration and border control have told us we can pay this way.

She wants the bill.

She wants the bill.

We leave post office.

It's even more hot.

We are confused.

He wants the letter,

Its even more hot.

"They print," he says.

We cross the road.

It's still very hot.

Very drippy.

Nice shop man shows us computer, cunningly disguised as an arrangement of washing up liquid.

Everyone smiles.

"Welcome to Australia"

Nice cup of tea.

Arent you in NZ its not meant to be hot LOL Keep that sense of humour and she'll be right as they say

Well immi never fails to surprise - my husband and I were fired up by @AlanSteel and we too sent email to immi saying as so close could we not have our HAP NO. We had response within 1/2 hour saying ..............YES you can as so close and gave us numbers and we have now booked for next Monday. Nothing ventured nothing gained Kim

Glad to have been of assistance! What did you put in your email to them? Just curious as might try again, Thanks

Arent you in NZ its not meant to be hot LOL Keep that sense of humour and she'll be right as they say

Haha no, Pat we are in Sydney on holiday - we have to go to NZ for a mini holiday while they issue the (potential) visa. That will be a whole new story :wink:

We are 49 and 56 and are waiting for my partners job offer (sponsorship) to come through then we will be coming to Melbourne around October this year, all bring well, on the 457 visa. I have a son his wife and 2 twin babies living in Melbourne and the plan is once we are settled 18 months to 2 years we will apply for our permanent parent visa. Has anyone done this and do you still have to go through all the usual channels? We will both be working . Any advice please..

Hiya, Well done! That's great news!! I'd like to try this too - if not right now, maybe in a couple of weeks as we are a month behind you. We have to take time off work, and book flights/hotel for ours as we are offshore and so would much rather book them ahead a bit for less expensive flights than if a the last minute. Can I ask the e-mail address you used, and subject etc?

Many thanks!! Feeling hopeful :-)

Amanda

We used 'test' email address parents@border.gov and quoted our ref no and put OTHELP in ref line Kim

Glad to have been of assistance! What did you put in your email to them? Just curious as might try again, Thanks

we put OTHELP in ref line - don't know if that made difference but said you must put one of their ref and was only one - other help! We said we saw from the test response now quite close and had heard others around our date had HAP no (and then acted stupid!) and asked did this mean we didn't have to have Medicals! Within 1/2 hr response said yes you do have to have meds and as "so close now" here are your HAP NO - bingo Kim

Go to the bank.

Wait in queue

It is very hot.

Get bankers cheque

It's still very hot.

She wants the bill.

She wants the bill.

We leave post office.

It's even more hot.

We are confused.

He wants the letter,

Its even more hot.

"They print," he says.

We cross the road.

It's still very hot.

Very drippy.

Everyone smiles.

"Welcome to Australia"

Nice cup of tea.

Fisher, you've made my day. Was sat here feeling depressed that we still haven't heard anything and started reading your post, started chuckling, read it out to hub and in fact I'm still laughing. So pleased you got it sorted

Maisie

Fisher, you've made my day. Was sat here feeling depressed that we still haven't heard anything and started reading your post, started chuckling, read it out to hub and in fact I'm still laughing. So pleased you got it sorted

Maisie

Too spooky @maisiedaisy. I have just read out @Fisher1 email to my husband and we are in stitches - especially the 'cunning disguised as' - we have encountered that so many time here in oz!!! After my rather unexpected response from immi yesterday I am seeing this as the start of our roll towards CO Day and starts with you today - I feel it in my bones - or could be touch of arthritis - let's hope not - go maisie go Kim

Too spooky @maisiedaisy. I have just read out @Fisher1 email to my husband and we are in stitches - especially the 'cunning disguised as' - we have encountered that so many time here in oz!!! After my rather unexpected response from immi yesterday I am seeing this as the start of our roll towards CO Day and starts with you today - I feel it in my bones - or could be touch of arthritis - let's hope not - go maisie go Kim

if only Kim! Waiting for our visas is like being in one of those reality endurance programs on the telly except we're paying for it and we don't get to eat any animals wotsits!

Maisie x

Guest piramida

Hi Fisher1,

Congratulations! !! Very nice news! Please can you tell me did you sent first information which they ask in letter (pre-visa Grant advice) and then Immigration told you that you can pay second payment! Pleas can you explain me.

Guest geordie joe
if only Kim! Waiting for our visas is like being in one of those reality endurance programs on the telly except we're paying for it and we don't get to eat any animals wotsits!

Maisie x

Now there's a twist and way of moving up the queue, those two canny geordie lads Ant and Dec turn up with a tray full of animal wotsits first to finish gets a CO.

Hi Fisher1,

Congratulations! !! Very nice news! Please can you tell me did you sent first information which they ask in letter (pre-visa Grant advice) and then Immigration told you that you can pay second payment! Pleas can you explain me.

hi Piramida

We had an email with two attachments. One was the "pre visa advice" and the other was the request for payment which listed the different ways to pay. They said their preferred method was by 'bill post' at Australia post but that you could also send a bank cheque or pay by credit card. That attachment included a pay slip with a bar code for. Billpay and a form to use if you wanted to pay credit card.

Hope le this helps.

Guest piramida
hi Piramida

We had an email with two attachments. One was the "pre visa advice" and the other was the request for payment which listed the different ways to pay. They said their preferred method was by 'bill post' at Australia post but that you could also send a bank cheque or pay by credit card. That attachment included a pay slip with a bar code for. Billpay and a form to use if you wanted to pay credit card.

Hope le this helps.

Hi Fisher1. Yes I understand for payment. Please can you tell me did you firs send email with pre visa advise and then they toldu you can pay now or you just do it together. Is it law you first send pre visa advice or not? Thank you

Guest geordie joe
I requested a HAP no, again, after seeing @Skeelsy being granted theirs, and this time.....we have a HAP No, so set for medicals now, will book later today! Just feel this could bring us a step nearer a tad sooner :jiggy:

Brilliant, if at first you don't succeed..... Did you mention someone else had been given their HAP no in your email or just requested it again.

We just requested it again, their reply was:

UNCLASSIFIED

Good morning Mr Steel

I can see that you asked this question only recently so can appreciate that you are feeling rather anxious as your time for processing draws nearer.

I have on this occasion attached the HAP letter for you but recommend that you wait at least a couple of weeks before undertaking the medicals. Results are valid for 12 months but the date of expiry may determine the date by which you need to enter Australia and I know from experience that clients like this period to be as long as possible.

For clients with a later lodgement date we will not be issuing a HAP letter at this stage.

When an assessing officer commences your final assessment a letter will be sent to you requesting any information which may be outstanding, this will include AoS and police certificates.

Admin

Parent Visa Centre

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Email: Parents@border.gov.au

Hi Kim,

Now that's what I call "Pro-Active"

Congratulations.

I know it feels great to at least get Meds out of way.

Just shows "it's all in the wording" as @AlanSteel has now used your technique and also had a successful response.

Well done for showing the way :wink:

Cheers

Phil

We just requested it again, their reply was:

UNCLASSIFIED

Good morning Mr Steel

I can see that you asked this question only recently so can appreciate that you are feeling rather anxious as your time for processing draws nearer.

I have on this occasion attached the HAP letter for you but recommend that you wait at least a couple of weeks before undertaking the medicals. Results are valid for 12 months but the date of expiry may determine the date by which you need to enter Australia and I know from experience that clients like this period to be as long as possible.

For clients with a later lodgement date we will not be issuing a HAP letter at this stage.

When an assessing officer commences your final assessment a letter will be sent to you requesting any information which may be outstanding, this will include AoS and police certificates.

Admin

Parent Visa Centre

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Email: Parents@border.gov.au

Hi Alan, well done!! I also tried, with my date being 18 June 2014, and explained our situation (flights, hotel, time off work together etc) - I also received a reply but they said that while they understand our need to organise it all, it is still too early for June 2014 lodgements and to try again mid-May - so, I was pleased to get a reply but a bit disheartened (we can only ask hey!) - I'll definitely contact them again, but probably earlier than suggested as I really hope we have a CO before mid-May!

Hope all your plans go well :-)

Amanda

Hi Fisher1. Yes I understand for payment. Please can you tell me did you firs send email with pre visa advise and then they toldu you can pay now or you just do it together. Is it law you first send pre visa advice or not? Thank you

You misunderstood me Piramida. I did not send pre - visa advice letter to immigration.

Immigration on sent me pre- visa advice letter together with other letter asking for money.

In in the advice letter, immigration told me to report any change in health.

This is what you must do - report the change in your husbands health, to the immigration authorities. I would do it soon.