Bum bag...

aussiechick2006

Ok, bare with me. I can honestly say that I NEVER thought that I'd be considering taking/buying a 'bum bag!

Im far too young and hip, haha.... Honestly, I'm so not (hip that is!)!!!

But as I'm doing the trip back home on my own with a 5 and 3yr old I'm thinking it may actually be quite handy as I'll have everything 'literelly'in front of me and easily accessible.

Please tell me that someone else has been daggy :-/

AC

My mum uses one for the doggy bags (before they get used ;p )

Never used on with kids. I use a small backpack when we go places with our son and I need hands free.

nothing wrong with bum /waiste bags , i use them .......and why not , i have to carry , money , wallet phone and keys , ......pockets in summer shorts just dont work ....and i dont care about the looking cool lark anymore ......i just like to feel comfortable

Guest kianobeano

I remember going to disneyland when i was about 13 (not that long ago ..lol) but they were on sale everywhere

......called fanny packs !!!

For that reason i think i'd pee myself laughing if i was to buy one !!!

However i don't think they look "uncool"

:cool:

Absolutely - bum bag or backpack. Who cares what you look like as long as it is functional and practical. I have various size bum bags depending on the task in hand and look and snigger when I see people attempting to cart around the kitchen sink and wrangle kids at the same time with no hands free! If people snigger at me cos I am not hip then I couldnt give a toss!

Bum Bags are a great idea, but wear it under your clothes when travelling, it's easy to get distracted and they can be snipped off in an instant. Also back packs are best worn on the front if your keeping important things in a zipped pocket.

Bugger the bum bag, have a look at the link.

OK, in the middle of summer a bit of a 'bummer':laugh: but eveything but the kitchen sink can be carried in this.

http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/Carry-on-Coat.shtml

And don't forget, it'll all be worth it to wind up the customs officials.:cool:

Martin Lewis suggested this as a means of overcoming Ryanair's extortionate baggage charges. I'm heavily into the ''Columbo'' look at the minute so I might get one!:yes::wink:

Guest AKA63029
Martin Lewis suggested this as a means of overcoming Ryanair's extortionate baggage charges. I'm heavily into the ''Columbo'' look at the minute so I might get one!:yes::wink:

Was it when he was on the radio Mrs B, hilarious it was.

Brilliant.... Thanks everyone for your replies. I don't think that I've laughed so much on a Sunday morning, lol...

Some great replies, some of you sound more 'sensible' than others :-P

Im thinking that I may actually go ahead with my purchase! The idea of one daughter dragging the other off around on her trunkie, me chasing after them with the remainder hand luggage no doubt when I'm needing to get important documents to show. Arghhh.....

Actually they'll probably be good as gold. I'm just making excuses as I'm one of those people who has to check everything is still there 100's of times.

AC

Well folks, I've just gone and done it........ I have purchased my very own bumbag! I can't believe how many there are to choose from!

In the end I decided on a plain black one (no need to draw extra attention). I'm actually quite looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks for all your input and advice.

AC

Well folks, I've just gone and done it........ I have purchased my very own bumbag! I can't believe how many there are to choose from!

In the end I decided on a plain black one (no need to draw extra attention). I'm actually quite looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks for all your input and advice.

AC

Was there a special bum bag shop??? Can't believe you had a choice either! Strange :0)

Archived