RIP Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Missus B

Guest guest36187

Thoughts are with her family now. Unfortunately now they will probably be plagued by media.

Let Whitney rest, let her family grieve.

My first date withi my husband was to see The Bodyguard. It's a sad loss x

Yeah, just heard this on the news tonight.... CNN has full coverage. The Grammys are on tomorrow night, word is they are now rearranging the show to include a tribute to Whitney. Such a shame, too bad she got involved with the wrong type of people. Feel so bad for her daughter and family !.

Cheers

Karen

I don't think that it had been released yet how she died. True, she'd battled addiction in the last few years and was a shadow of the entertainer she once was, but I'm sure her daughter would argue that it is indeed a great loss to her ... whilst celeb deaths arn't generally a loss to us personally, I like to remember that outside their celeb status, they're a wife/husband, mother/father, brother/sister, daughter/son etc.... and to other people their loss will be very great. I can empathise with that as i'm sure the majority of people can.

Guest guest36187

Who are we to judge? This is what infuriates me when people pass on. All the judgements from people who have no idea! The only people that know what went on we're Whitney herself and her family.

Unfortunately now, family will probably get plagued by media!

Whitney needs to be allowed to rest in peace and her family need to be given the respect they deserve. As Ali says, she was a wife, mother, daughter, cousin.....we should not forget that.

I hope you never have someone close to you die from drugs or alcohol abuse, i never have and would not want to however i can imagine her family are going through hell right now as it seems that she died a very lonely and sad death.

Comments like yours make me wonder about some people.

It is really sad for her family, its is when you lose someone but did she think about them when she was shoving drugs up her nose!!

Younger people die every day from illnesses like cancer etc which is much worse. But because someone is famous it is a tradegy if they waste their own life - i dont think so

It is really sad for her family, its is when you lose someone but did she think about them when she was shoving drugs up her nose!!

We'll never know because she can't tell us ... but like most with addictions giving up isn't an easy task, I'm sure at times there is guilt and remorse, but the physical and psychological draw of the addiction proves too much ... and sometimes is even fatal.

It always saddens me when reports of the deaths of celebrities invite such negativity.

In my own view, I think it is sad when anyone passes away so young and whether or not it will be attributed to alcohol or drugs later, should not determine whether we are able to show compassion. Whitney leaves behind a young daughter and I am sure she will be devastated by the loss of her mother.

In the end, we are all just people and I personally believe that when people behave in risky ways with alcohol and drugs, there are underlying psychological difficulties that they seek to mask/medicate. Who can sit in a position and judge when we never really know the full story.

This post is intended to come in peace...

Guest AKA63029

No particular fan of hers but 'IF' drugs were a core theme then it is a sad state of affairs. But to say anyone should die from drugs and 'deserve' it is a little OTT. To put it in context. Approximately 15% of 'de-mobbed' soldiers use drugs to 'cope' on a daily basis after seeing some horrendous things. 8% of doctors use drugs to 'calm' down, and approximately 32% of those that were abused as youngsters use drugs to try and 'get' through life.

Do these same people deserve to die because they do at times find life too much and find solace in a substance that helps them carry on a life, well a life that most of us would never be able to imagine.

Cheers Tony.

Death doesn't affect the person who has died, they are gone, but please support the poor family left behind.

No offense, but why does her family want support from me? Personally, I can remember Whitney from the "Wanna dance with somebody" days - and it is a shock and a tragedy to hear of here passing so young. Maybe she is in someway culpable for her own demise. Plenty of people smoke, are overweight, drink too much, sit in the sun, ride motorbikes, skydive and so on - I don't read people apportioning blame for all lifestyle choices. Even vegans die from unpredictable disease. Not sure what my point is. RIP Whitney..

Archived