Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

You never know, I reckon they will need to start getting through them as much as they can before the changes. I remember reading somewhere that they were going to try to get the "decision ready" ones, I think this means the easier ones out quicker to everyone. I would have thought seeing as you have the AQF III already, this would mean that it would be an easier process for you guys, or is that just wishful thinking. Between you checking TRA and me checking DIAC each day, we must be causing all kinds of static shocks somewhere LOL. Good Luck.

Ha ha :laugh:

As for the application I dunno how easy ours is my DH is self-employed so we had a load of stuff to put together for that, they have as much info as I could possibly give them to prove self-employment so hopefully they'll get through it quick enough!

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GUTTED!!! Our agent got an email today advising our submission was unsuccessful (we submitetd on 6 December) as "TRA are not happy with the proof of recent work experience that we have provided":arghh:

Very, very depressed.

Our agent has a call/meeting with a TRA agent in the next week to try and convince them otherwise but if unsuccessful we have to resubmit within 30 days and then it may take 3 months to be reassessed..........

GUTTED!!! Our agent got an email today advising our submission was unsuccessful (we submitetd on 6 December) as "TRA are not happy with the proof of recent work experience that we have provided":arghh:

Very, very depressed.

Our agent has a call/meeting with a TRA agent in the next week to try and convince them otherwise but if unsuccessful we have to resubmit within 30 days and then it may take 3 months to be reassessed..........

You poor thing! :hug: Once your agent gets a clear pic of what they're looking for things will be better!

Very, very depressed.

Sorry to hear your outcome, especially after such a long wait!

Is it worth phoning TRA yourselves to see if you can send them any more proof for your OH?

Sorry to hear your outcome, especially after such a long wait!

Is it worth phoning TRA yourselves to see if you can send them any more proof for your OH?

Our agent (Stephen Dickson) has been brilliant getting us this far so we are happy for him to liase direct with the TRA as they have said its 2.8.5 (i) which is lacking and we both think we covered this in great detail. Fingers crossed it goes well or else we will definitely miss the 1st July deadline and have to pay another AUD300 for resubmission!!.....:mad:

Very, very depressed.

Really really sorry to hear this, its a nightmare you wait that time and then..... Hopefully your agent will get a clear picture of what was needed. Keep going!

Bit worried about ours now as never used an agent so who knows what the answer will be.

Tina, family of five

Really sorry to hear that and hope that your agent can convince them.

I cannot say I am shocked though TBH. Spoke to our skills agent last night who said that some CO's are becoming very strict and is not 100% sure what will happen under the new rules.

Maybe that's what the 5th April deadline bit was related to?

I remember reading that as well. It does make sense to have a cut off otherwise they would never get one foot in front of the other before the changes.

Keeping everything crossed that you Guys start to hear soon. We are a long way from submitting to TRA yet, but am keeping an eye out to see how everyone fares. Good Luck.

Archived