Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

[h=2]Deadline for MSA and MPA Applications[/h]

The volume, complexity and insufficiency of evidence provided with applications for TRA Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) and Migration Points Advice (MPA) applications have resulted in substantially longer processing times than initially expected.TRA will endeavour to provide an outcome by 30 June 2012 for all MSA and MPA applications received by 5 April 2012. Applications will continue to be processed in order of receipt. Applicants whose assessments are finalised between 1 June 2012 and 30 June 2012 will also be notified of their outcome via email where this has been provided.Please check your eligibility for these programs and confirm that you have met the evidence requirements before submitting your decision ready application. Please read the information about the MSA or MPA Programs available on the

TRA website.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deadline for MSA and MPA Applications

The volume, complexity and insufficiency of evidence provided with applications for TRA Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) and Migration Points Advice (MPA) applications have resulted in substantially longer processing times than initially expected.TRA will endeavour to provide an outcome by 30 June 2012 for all MSA and MPA applications received by 5 April 2012. Applications will continue to be processed in order of receipt. Applicants whose assessments are finalised between 1 June 2012 and 30 June 2012 will also be notified of their outcome via email where this has been provided.Please check your eligibility for these programs and confirm that you have met the evidence requirements before submitting your decision ready application. Please read the information about the MSA or MPA Programs available on the

TRA website.

So there is hope then? I'm not going to hold my breath!!!

Hi

Anybody have any new news on the TRA time frame as mine was lodged on 7/12/11 and still no answer just this 60 days email.

Thanks George

We lodged ours on 28th October and nothing yet, ALTHOUGH!!! Our agent emailed last week and said things seem to be moving now and that they had replys back for people that lodged early October so hopefully not too long for us now. I had the 60 day email sent to me from TRA and at the time the email arrived we had already been waiting 85ish working days, it has now been 5 months for us.

Guest jennaire
Deadline for MSA and MPA Applications

TRA website.

Hello all!! How are we??

I'm new to this thread and my heart is sinking atm.

Our TRA was lodged 2-2-12. From what I can gather from this thread there is an approx wait of 6 months, so that means we miss the July deadline.. :(

What I underlined in the above quote, does that mean anyone applying before Arpil 5th will be exempt from July deadline? Or am I reading it wrong??? What does MSA and MPA applicants stand for?

I'm so worried right now. If we miss July deadline what happens????

We are applying for 176 visa with WA (perth) sponsorship.

I feel I need a plan B!

Guest jennaire

Hi just to add, I received this info from a lady who works for visa first. I asked her the same question as above, her reply was:

It is true that a large backlog exists and this is to be expected with July 1 changes etc. TRA are hoping to process applications rec before 5/4 that are 'decision ready' (so prepared correctly with ALL required evidence submitted) before the June 30th deadline. For those reliant on State Sponsorship this may pose a problem with timing and for those borderline applications I strongly urge them to consider the IELTS (this will depend on points score).

Hello all!! How are we??

I'm new to this thread and my heart is sinking atm.

Our TRA was lodged 2-2-12. From what I can gather from this thread there is an approx wait of 6 months, so that means we miss the July deadline.. :(

What I underlined in the above quote, does that mean anyone applying before Arpil 5th will be exempt from July deadline? Or am I reading it wrong??? What does MSA and MPA applicants stand for?

I'm so worried right now. If we miss July deadline what happens????

We are applying for 176 visa with WA (perth) sponsorship.

I feel I need a plan B!

Hi Jennaire,

MSA stands for Migration skills assessment. MPA stands for Migration points advice.

My interpretation of this is that everyone who has applied before 5th April should get an answer by 30th june, which will be some going considering no one has had an answer since before September 2011.

• 2 weeks later...

YEEEEE HAAAA!!!! Successful outcome at TRA, i thought it would never happen! does anyone know how long it takes to recieve written conformation from them? i checked my portal and it says finalisation date 10/04/2012. / outcome - successful. Does anyone else have positive news?:biggrin:

YEEEEE HAAAA!!!! Successful outcome at TRA, i thought it would never happen! does anyone know how long it takes to recieve written conformation from them? i checked my portal and it says finalisation date 10/04/2012. / outcome - successful. Does anyone else have positive news?:biggrin:

Congratulations!!! At last some good news!! We (theoretically) should be 4 weeks behind you (fingers crossed!). Do let us know when you get the written confirmation please!!!

Congratulations!!!! Good to see that there's finally some sort of move on!

Congratulations! Can you tell me how to check the progress of an application on-line? Do I need a reference number?

Thanks

Hiya

The ref no. that is on the letter that TRA sent you to acknowledge receipt of application then go to TRA sit and down the home page is a link to check your application progress

Guest sophyjosh

Thanks fanatic news, I'm a few days after you so got my fingers crossed!! Has any one else had any good news?

MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS DEAN74!!!!!!!!!

You must be so pleased! Out of curiosity what was your date of lodgement?

Guest sophyjosh

Has anybody else had any good news yet? i am 2 days behind Dean74 but no news yet :( We are so fed up about it and feel like our dream is fading away quick!!

Has anybody else had any good news yet? i am 2 days behind Dean74 but no news yet :( We are so fed up about it and feel like our dream is fading away quick!!

Oh God I'd hoped when Dean74 got his there would begin to be some movement! Agh blasted TRA!!!!!!!!

We are 6 working days behind Dean74..... sophyjosh hope you get yours this week as I am seriously stressing about the TRA's lack of progress..... Surely they can't be taking 1 week to process 1 day of submissions????? :frown:

Guest sophyjosh

I cant believe what they are doing to us all? The only other thing i can think of, is they are doing it in date order but in the trade you have applyed for? we have applyed for (Airconditioning and refrig mechanic).

I cant believe what they are doing to us all? The only other thing i can think of, is they are doing it in date order but in the trade you have applyed for? we have applyed for (Airconditioning and refrig mechanic).

We are applying for Fitter (general).... and then hope to get WA SS... I keep emailing our agent who is great but even he doesn't seem to get straight answers from the TRA offices.... One good thing about the stress of waiting is that it is a great weight loss programme but I may be skin and bones by the time we get a response :twitcy:

Guest sophyjosh

We are two! Our agent has been great aswell, im beginning to feel sorry for him we keep bombarding him with emails, but not any further forward, my hubby keeps telling me to chill out its out of our hands, but its driving me mad now!! we need a answer!!!!!

:arghh:hi all,

i see this is getting to everyone with this whole TRA thing.

I have called them but you can get no stright answer from them. All i hope is that from what i've been seeing on here is that i will get an answer this month. my date was 7/7/12 as a Landscape Gardener so that must give me some hope!!!!!

:wub:

I will post if i get any news

living in hope

Catinahat1975

Guest TheSandersons

Ours was recieved by TRA 09/11/11 & we still havent heard anything. Seems odd that Dean74 you had yousr back even though ours was recieved first...(congratulations by the way)

Our agent seems to think movement has picked up rapidly over the last few weeks & that we shoud be expecting to hear within the next 7-10 days so fingers crossed he's right

Ours was recieved by TRA 09/11/11 & we still havent heard anything. Seems odd that Dean74 you had yousr back even though ours was recieved first...(congratulations by the way)

Our agent seems to think movement has picked up rapidly over the last few weeks & that we shoud be expecting to hear within the next 7-10 days so fingers crossed he's right

What trade is the applicant? This may make a difference? Some trades may be quicker.... :biggrin:

Archived