Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We sent ours off mid October and according to our agent should hear very soon.

She was telling us that the back log of applications is being caused by staff leaving because they don't like the changes that have taken place since TRA was merged back into government hands.

We sent ours off mid October and according to our agent should hear very soon.

She was telling us that the back log of applications is being caused by staff leaving because they don't like the changes that have taken place since TRA was merged back into government hands.

Just made enquiries with them yesterday and they are only up to applications lodged in September 2011.

Holy cr*p,

So do you think if only lodged know , with the timeframes is it realistic to say 176 will be granted before July ??

If you take into account 60 working days and that is if you are lucky, as some are waiting longer now! that would take you over the July dead line, however i have heard some people have appealed for various reasons if your case goes over the deadline and been successful.

Guest kianobeano
Holy cr*p,

So do you think if only lodged know , with the timeframes is it realistic to say 176 will be granted before July ??

Hi would anyone know the realistic answer to this ?? please !!:skeptical:

:skeptical:

Guest kianobeano
If you take into account 60 working days and that is if you are lucky, as some are waiting longer now! that would take you over the July dead line, however i have heard some people have appealed for various reasons if your case goes over the deadline and been successful.

Sorry Dean didnt see there was a 2nd page !!!

how can you appeal if its not july yet .....or am i confused now ..lol!!!

i have read one or two cases on this site where someone is getting close to the end of June and requested an extension with DIAC because they need to gather more info or the reason for them going over the dead line was out of their hands. I am not saying this will happen but anyone dealing with TRA may have a case especially as the delays so i am told is partially caused by staff at TRA leaving due to changes in the system.

They sent my agent an email to confirm receipt of paperwork and there was a reference number attached which looked something like this TRA33/#########.

Thanks dean,

Our agent is speaking to TRA tonight to get an update for us. Fingers crossed might have some positive news soon!

Thanks dean,

Our agent is speaking to TRA tonight to get an update for us. Fingers crossed might have some positive news soon!

Hi, did you get any news......I,m really interested in this post as my TRA application was posted mid January and confirmed as recieved 3rd February. Just getting a bit concerned it wont be approved before mid June to allow time for WA state sponsorship......

According to our agent TRA are meant to be uploading application info on to their website again in the next couple of days so people can check their progress online.

Thanks, but i am confused will this be something different to what i check on a daily basis? when i go on their website to check my application it just says "awaiting assessment". will just have to wait and see!

Not sure really dean74. I'm speaking to our agent tomorrow so if you have any questions you want answers to let me know and I'll ask her.

Hi pswebb, i was reading one quote yesterday which says he was registerd with TRA on 4th Oct and still not heard anything! i make that over 90 days!! this thing is getting out of hand beginning to think i might not get assessed in time. Would like to know what TRA intend to do about catching up. Cheers.