Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We lodged on 28/10/12 and still had no reply, I spoke with our agent last week and said I knew of people that applied after us to already have their reply and he said apparently the TRA have a few people dealing with the assesments and they all have their own piles to go through which is why the results are not neccisarily coming back in order of lodgement, I guess it depends on how fast the peron works who has ours in their pile!!! My husband did wait up till 1 this morning to ring TRA themselves but all we got is that it is being dealt with but could not give us an estimation of how long till outcome!!!

What trade is the applicant? This may make a difference? Some trades may be quicker.... :biggrin:

I am a metal machinist (first class), i don't know if it makes a difference but i have only ever been employed at the same company for 21 years which makes my employment history pretty straight forward, not saying that's the reason but it might make a difference either that or they just got fed up with me slagging them off on this forum. I hope you all hear something soon, i have just applied for SS WA and found out there is a back log beginning there and no longer processing in 1 - 7 days, one guy has been waiting 4 weeks! i think someone does not want me in oz!! Oh well time to wage a war on SS WA!.

I am a metal machinist (first class), i don't know if it makes a difference but i have only ever been employed at the same company for 21 years which makes my employment history pretty straight forward, not saying that's the reason but it might make a difference either that or they just got fed up with me slagging them off on this forum. I hope you all hear something soon, i have just applied for SS WA and found out there is a back log beginning there and no longer processing in 1 - 7 days, one guy has been waiting 4 weeks! i think someone does not want me in oz!! Oh well time to wage a war on SS WA!.

I think your application probably made whoever processed it at the TRA jump for joy for getting a straightforward one! Not many applicant's will have such an easy job history!! My OH has had 7 contracting jobs since finishing his apprenticeship in 1999 so lots of letters from employers and other documentation. Please let us know how you get on with the SS WA as that is (favourable TRA outcome permitting!!) our next step (and no, we are not stalking you!!).:rolleyes:

I think your application probably made whoever processed it at the TRA jump for joy for getting a straightforward one! Not many applicant's will have such an easy job history!! My OH has had 7 contracting jobs since finishing his apprenticeship in 1999 so lots of letters from employers and other documentation. Please let us know how you get on with the SS WA as that is (favourable TRA outcome permitting!!) our next step (and no, we are not stalking you!!).:rolleyes:

Do you really think that makes a differance, hope so. OH application went in with working for same employer for 25 years which he also did his apprenticeship with, guess it does cut down on the checking which in turn must cut down on the time.

Guess only time will tell.

Tina family of five

Guest andyandy
Do you really think that makes a differance, hope so. OH application went in with working for same employer for 25 years which he also did his apprenticeship with, guess it does cut down on the checking which in turn must cut down on the time.

Guess only time will tell.

Tina family of five

IT actually makes NO DIFFERANCE at all whatsoever because when you get here you will find out that they dont even recognise qulifications from other states in Australia let alone other countries and what ever you have done they will say "sorry thats not recognised here in (insert State name)"

bloody hell they dont even recognise their own driving licences....let alone proper qulifications from educational bodies

IT actually makes NO DIFFERANCE at all whatsoever because when you get here you will find out that they dont even recognise qulifications from other states in Australia let alone other countries and what ever you have done they will say "sorry thats not recognised here in (insert State name)"

bloody hell they dont even recognise their own driving licences....let alone proper qulifications from educational bodies

Lol, thats why OH did an AQF as did not think what he had hear would cut it with the TRA.

Tina family of five

Guest sophyjosh

Good news today for us TRA Successful 18/04/2012 they recieved ours on the 30/11/2011, we are so happpy thought they were never going to get it sorted! whoop whoop

Good news today for us TRA Successful 18/04/2012 they recieved ours on the 30/11/2011, we are so happpy thought they were never going to get it sorted! whoop whoop

Congratulations!! that's great news - lets hope they carry on at this speed..

If you don't mind me asking, what occupation did you apply to TRA with?

Guest sophyjosh

I hope so aswell, TRA have taken there time, but it was worth the wait!! my hubby put in for Airconditioning and Mechanical Services Plumer on the 30/11/2011

CONGRATULATIONS!! You must be so relieved!! Our submission was received on 6 December 2011 so fingers crossed we will hear soon and we can crack on with the next step. :biggrin:

Guest sophyjosh

yes we are very happy, we just need them to send us an email or letter then we can get on with the state sponsorship!I have my fingers crossed, that more people receive a positive outcome!!

You never know, I reckon they will need to start getting through them as much as they can before the changes. I remember reading somewhere that they were going to try to get the "decision ready" ones, I think this means the easier ones out quicker to everyone. I would have thought seeing as you have the AQF III already, this would mean that it would be an easier process for you guys, or is that just wishful thinking. Between you checking TRA and me checking DIAC each day, we must be causing all kinds of static shocks somewhere LOL. Good Luck.

Archived