Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

GUTTED!!! Our agent got an email today advising our submission was unsuccessful (we submitetd on 6 December) as "TRA are not happy with the proof of recent work experience that we have provided":arghh:

Very, very depressed.

Our agent has a call/meeting with a TRA agent in the next week to try and convince them otherwise but if unsuccessful we have to resubmit within 30 days and then it may take 3 months to be reassessed..........

UPDATED.... Appeal unsuccessful so yet more paperwork for a Review (income statemetns / accountants letters) to be gathered and last 2 job references to be seriously rewritten and submitted by the 17th June.... Fingers crossed we can get these all done, certified and to Oz by mid-May to get to the TRA in good time!! We have missed the 1st July deadline now but still optimistic that Oz needs OH's trade on the new SkillSelect system...... Or we'll just have readjust our heads, adjust our outlook and think about life in the UK for the rest of our lives...:unsure: Our agent has been really good and he is not charging us more fees for the review but another AUD300 to the TRA in fees......

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update you all, after avoiding checking the TRA website DAILY as I have been for months.. I checked online half an hour ago and my husbands status is Successful with a finalisation date of 02/05/2012.

Our registered date was 04/01/2012.

I hope those waiting to hear get a positive response soon.. Good luck :)) xxx

We are heading for WA.. Can apply for SS now we have TRA and IELTS passed so hopefully that wont take too long. Have emailed our agent to let him know TRA is in so we can get moving with WA form.

PMA .. Im sure you will get your successful outcome.

good to see someone is having luck here. i sent my TRA on 7th December also for Landscape Gardener but have news. Dreaming did you have an AQFIII or how did you get done so quick?

Let me know please. I see you want to go to WA, do you have an idea where.

We are heading for WA.. Can apply for SS now we have TRA and IELTS passed so hopefully that wont take too long. Have emailed our agent to let him know TRA is in so we can get moving with WA form.

PMA .. Im sure you will get your successful outcome.

Thank you. Good luck for your WA SS.

We've already got our SS for VIC, so just waiting for TRA now.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update you all, after avoiding checking the TRA website DAILY as I have been for months.. I checked online half an hour ago and my husbands status is Successful with a finalisation date of 02/05/2012.

Congratulations!

good to see someone is having luck here. i sent my TRA on 7th December also for Landscape Gardener but have news. Dreaming did you have an AQFIII or how did you get done so quick?

Let me know please. I see you want to go to WA, do you have an idea where.

Our agent submitted ours for us.. We sent my husbands qualifications, employers reference, detailed discription of his work and payslips for the last 8 years. Ours was originally sent at the end of October but was returned due to a problem with the bankers draft, so was resent on 3rd of December and logged on their system as recieved on 4th of January.

We are looking at Perth or Mandurrah area.. but are not set on a particular area yet.. Work and schools will dictate in the end.

Really hope you get your positive outcome soon.

Hi everyone,

Great news I think you may be the first person in 2012, yay.

Enjoy the good news

Tina family of five.

Our agent submitted ours for us.. We sent my husbands qualifications, employers reference, detailed discription of his work and payslips for the last 8 years. Ours was originally sent at the end of October but was returned due to a problem with the bankers draft, so was resent on 3rd of December and logged on their system as recieved on 4th of January.

We are looking at Perth or Mandurrah area.. but are not set on a particular area yet.. Work and schools will dictate in the end.

Really hope you get your positive outcome soon.

It's interesting what you say about your application being returned in October because of problems with a bankers draft, our agent sent ours in in October aswell and had problems with bankers drafts!

Be interesting to know if we have the same agent!

So i called the TRA today and had to wait 30 mins to talk to someone!!!! When i said i have heard nothing for since December they were a bit surprised. they looked into there files and said oh your letter was sent out last friday with you outcome but sorry we can not tell you this over the phone. I asked what's with the website and was told "It's not working".

So came home tonight and had a quick look online and oh now it's working and SUCCESSFUL.:biglaugh:

So people they are working and there is hope for all just call and ask.

Now on to the WA SS

So i called the TRA today and had to wait 30 mins to talk to someone!!!! When i said i have heard nothing for since December they were a bit surprised. they looked into there files and said oh your letter was sent out last friday with you outcome but sorry we can not tell you this over the phone. I asked what's with the website and was told "It's not working".

So came home tonight and had a quick look online and oh now it's working and SUCCESSFUL.:biglaugh:

So people they are working and there is hope for all just call and ask.

Now on to the WA SS

Sorry its a bit late ive been working, but WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!

tina family of five

My hubby's application was received 30/1/12 and he managed to speak to TRA in the middle of the night. They told him a decision has been made (although they couldn't tell him the outcome) and the letter will be posted this week. They also said that the online portal isn't working so guess it's a case of waiting patiently! We now have to get our SA sponsorship super quick to try to beat the July 1st deadline!!

This should indicate that some of you should be hearing from TRA pretty soon as I believe some of your applications have been lodged before us.

Good luck everyone!

My hubby's application was received 30/1/12 and he managed to speak to TRA in the middle of the night. They told him a decision has been made (although they couldn't tell him the outcome) and the letter will be posted this week. They also said that the online portal isn't working so guess it's a case of waiting patiently! We now have to get our SA sponsorship super quick to try to beat the July 1st deadline!!

This should indicate that some of you should be hearing from TRA pretty soon as I believe some of your applications have been lodged before us.

Good luck everyone!

Have you managed to check the online portal yet?

I can get logged in but it still shows as awaiting assessment.

We can log in, but it still says awaiting assessment for us too! The lady my hubby spoke to said that a decision has definitely been made so I guess the portal is just not showing up-to date info. Fingers crossed that you'll be hearing soon - I believe you applied a few weeks before us. Perhaps you could try calling TRA - my hubby was surprised how quickly he got through but hey it was 3 o'clock in the morning here so not too many Poms silly enough to be awake at that time! Good luck!

Hi all

Thanks everybody.

So will be sending of the WA SS today so here's hoping they are quicker than the TRA.

If you ask the TRA they will email you the letter too. This is what i have now and can use it for the SS and this way you no your outcome now and not in 2 weeks.

Good luck all

Archived