Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

Hi Guys I have been reading your posts over the last few weeks and they have given me hope and made me realise lots of people are in the same boat. We got a successful result today from TRA we registered with TRA on 22 Feb 2012 John was assessed for 342314 ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENT TRADES WORKER (GENERAL)

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing job with the table Tina - probably much more exciting to do than your dissertation - those things are soul destroying :rolleyes:

Although no one in my family are going via TRA assessment (do have 1 doing vetassess) I do read the threads just to keep up with everyone's progress. It does seem like there are more negative assessments coming through at the moment and it does make you wonder whether they are getting overwhelmed with the volume of applications, are trying to process asap and in the process are not really giving each application the proper amount of time it needs to assess it fully and accurately - just my thoughts :unsure:

Wishing every one good luck with their applications, appeals and reapplications - don't give up on the dream :smile:

Has anyone seen a copy of this "TRA Application Assessment and Audit Sheet(AAA)"?

Congrats JohnAli - what a relief!!!

PSwebb - have you heard from TRA yet as to their reasons?

Hi candygirl,

My wife emailed the assessing officer yesterday to find out why she was unsuccessful, so just waiting for a reply at the moment.

I'll update on here once we hear back!

Tina, thank you for the doing the table - it is really useful!!

still not heard anything and i'm really starting to panic that ours will be unsuccessful too :( hoping we hear back really soon, getting impatient now!

thanks for everyone's updates, its good to see where we are all at!

PSWebb Hi our agent applied for our WA state sponsorship yesterday according to their website it's 5 days processing time so hopefully that is right we get and we are off to Perth / Mandurah area or where ever the jobs are. After reading a lot of these post we were very worried about our TRA application, we can only the praises of our agent, who told us yesterday they have not heard from TRA for people who applied before us, I can only presume that either our assessor worked quickly or they must all have their specialities and there are not a lot of electronics trade workers to asses - we have not come across any so far. Good luck with your appeal .

4 weeks later and we have a mound of additional paperwork for our resubmission.

Fingers crossed it will be couriered today to our agent in Melbourne. J

ust have to pop to the bank to collect 3 years work of original bank statements (we use online only banking) - they said they would be ready today (whoever thought of opting for the greeen paperless system would come back to bite us in a big way!!).

Really stressful having to ask those we had work references from for the original submission to sign new very long versions... W

e have 3 years worth of invoices, timesheets, a letter from our accountants proving income and providing a reference, references from the 2 agencies used in the last 3 years, references from 2 supervisors from the 2 jobs worked in the last 3 years (the company will not provide references as OH is a contractor...).

Luckily I have an in-house solicitor at my place of work who has certified 75+ pages of documents for free saving us an absolute fortune.

Fingers, toes and all other appendages crossed that our resubmission will be succesful!!!! Will update with the new submission date to TRA when our agent confirm this to us (hopefully next week!).:yes:

Hi mdmx33

Congratulations!

We are also waiting for the outcome of our assessment for gasfitter, did you do an apprenticeship? I'm getting really worried with all the unsuccessful stories on here.

Thanks

I did do an apprenticeship yes. I ddint have much of a reference just stated my dates of work and when i qualified. I had to write a statement and get it signed off at court which i put down all my training, the company i worked for wouldnt supply this. i hadnt heard anything and i sent them a few emails witht he standard reply. i then sent email saying i have now left the uk and wont be there to recieve my letter so could they email it to me... 2 days later email arrived.

Tina, thank you for the doing the table - it is really useful!!

still not heard anything and i'm really starting to panic that ours will be unsuccessful too :( hoping we hear back really soon, getting impatient now!

thanks for everyone's updates, its good to see where we are all at!

Your application has been assessed as SUCCESSFUL for the occupation GASFITTER 334114 following the

assessment process.

Dani5 maybe the fact they are taking a bit longer is a good thing, the quicker the processing time seems to result in more unsuccessfull.

mdmx33 well done!!!!

Tina

Hi candygirl,

My wife emailed the assessing officer yesterday to find out why she was unsuccessful, so just waiting for a reply at the moment.

I'll update on here once we hear back!

Hoping it is something minor that can be rectified so you can either appeal or re-apply. Last night I did a search back on posts and there seemed to be quite a few who needed to re-apply so don't give up hope. If there's a Will there's a Way. Good Luck.

Hoping it is something minor that can be rectified so you can either appeal or re-apply. Last night I did a search back on posts and there seemed to be quite a few who needed to re-apply so don't give up hope. If there's a Will there's a Way. Good Luck.

Thanks candygirl, we're keeping everything crossed!

Guest Illumanati2

Hello everyone.

Just about to send off my evidence, bit worried as to all of these unsuccesful apps.

I was wondering as this is a forum, can people help everyone else going through the process by putting down as much information as to what they included in their application, example, pay slips, certificates ( what level) etc etc.

Im sure this will help other applications to make sure that they have enough information in.

I will include mine:

I currently have the following included in my evidence pack:

1. Work history statement- this so far is 7 pages long explaning what jobs I have done in my line of work, gone into as much detail as possible starting at day 1 and finishing at present.

2. Tool list - This is around 3 pages long listing all the tools I have used and a brief explanation of what that tool is used for.

3. Typical work day - I have explained in detail what a general day is like, explaining how I undertake my job, how I use tools etc etc. This is about 3 pages long

4. Materials list- a list of all materials I use. 2 pages

5. NVQ 2 and NVQ 3 portfolio evidence- this is a copy of my 2 NVQ portfoilios. these are about 20 pages each- double sided.

6. 3 xself employment stat decs. I no longer have paperwork for these periods of self employment and I have made a stat dec to cover these periods.

7. Passport copy and C.V

8. About 10 pages of additional photographic evidence of my work.

9. Certificates, I have enclosed 2 trade certificates- NVQ 2 and a NVQ Level 3, I have also enclosed other related certificates..about 8 in total.

10. Work references- this is from my self employed periods hence backing up my stat dec.

11. Employer references- This covers the periods I was employed

12. Invoices, payslips, p60's- I have lost a lot of these due to relocation and house moves. I have enclosed as many as I can and I have about 20-25 a4 sheets of evidence.

13. NVQ level's Criteria- this is from the net explaining the units achieved in your qualification- this is a good reference to th OZ units- comparable?

Hope this helps those looking to put together an application.

Im sure I have missed something. If anyone can help others ad can provide samples if they have already achieved successful application that would be great

as soon as I have been given the YES or No from TRA I shall provide my samples to the forum.

thanks and good luck

OMG. just checked the online portal and I think Im going to vomit it says finalisation date is today but still says awaiting assessment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't think that is good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Illumanati2
omg. Just checked the online portal and i think im going to vomit it says finalisation date is today but still says awaiting assessment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't think that is good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best of luck!!!!!1

Just phoned Robin at work, he check it half an hour ago and there was nothing!!!!!!!! ARGH why can't they put the outcome this is a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Keep checking throughout the day. Our outcome changed late afternoon.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Keep checking throughout the day. Our outcome changed late afternoon.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I already checked your post's and noticed yours seemed to update about 3 hours later, in the middle of their night, so I will be checking all day.

Thanks all for your kind words.

On a time scale note, its only been 12 weeks so they do seem to be catching up.

Tina x

Guest jennaire

Hi just to add to the list, we applied for TRA on 2.2.12 "Electronic Technician" and outcome was successful 30.5.12, just under four months!

What a wait. Delighted with outcome and hope to have everything together before July 1st.

Exciting !!!!

Archived